Captain Marvel

Just Jared has posted some of the pictures in slightly higher resolution as well as from a couple new angles, and looking at them, I'm fairly certain that aside from the armor bits, the rest is printed spandex/fabric. This keeps it in line with pretty much every other MCU costume. It could also just be the grain on the photos as well, but I don't think so.

http://www.justjared.com/2018/01/26...ptain-marvel-see-the-first-pics-from-the-set/

I don't know...looks like leather to me.

I don't get the negativity toward this costume. It's a wonderful interpretation of the old, original Captain Marvel costume that he had when he first came to Earth as a Kree spy. Ironically, the artist who co-created the character with Stan Lee hated the original white-and-green costume for its genericness. He got a new, more primary-colored costume a couple years later, after he'd come to identify with Earth and rejected his mission.

Given how good a job The Powers That Be have done stramlining and cleaning up all of the convoluted story threads from the comics over the decades, I won't even begin to speculate about the specifics or sequence of everything in this film. I'm just glad Carol has this outfit when she first becomes Captain Marvel (and, presumably, Mar-Vell before her), and we know she gets the current version sometime before the end of the movie (as she's sporting it in Infinity War).

--Jonah

Brie Larson shared this photo. July 6 was the last day of filming / principal photography.

DhnDx0cVMAAUZ42.jpg:large

The cover picture looks photoshoped to hell and back, makes her look strange... But the still with her looks incredible ! Glad to see the good suit. Don't think that's marvel's best costume work, a bit CWish, but it is fine.
Also sounds like it's not entirely set in the past, but rather a mix of present (pre-Thanos ?) and flashbacks.

I'll admit I don't know much about this character. Didn't Rogue get her powers from her?

Last Captain Marvel comic I had was when he was still a man. I have the graphic novel where he died and that was as far as I got.

But this looks good. So glad to finally see the Skrulls!!!!!!

I'll admit I don't know much about this character. Didn't Rogue get her powers from her?

Last Captain Marvel comic I had was when he was still a man. I have the graphic novel where he died and that was as far as I got.

But this looks good. So glad to finally see the Skrulls!!!!!!

Yes, Rogue stole Carol's powers (and her memory for a long time). Carol still has a hard time "connecting" any emotion with the memories she eventually recovered. Carol is one of the powerhouses of the Avengers, and if you've not read Kelly Sue DeConnick's run on Captain Marvel, I highly recommend it as a good starting point for familiarizing yourself with her.

Carol was always my favorite Marvel character that wasn't an X-Man... (even though she was kind of an honorary one).

I know absolutely nothing about the character, but seeing as they stayed pretty faithful to the costume design and colors, I'm very happy with what I see so far! I'm really looking forward to this film!

Seeing as how Marvel has a penchant for raining on DC's parade, I bet they drop a full trailer when Aquaman premieres in December.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back