Iron Man Mk V "Legacy Effects Version" Helmet 3D Model

GhostMinion

Sr Member
Post Removed!

The model was lost in a hard drive failure. Sorry!

MkV_zpsaceeb3a8.png
[/URL][/IMG]
MkVSide_zps39f60032.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• LE MK V.jpg
    LE MK V.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 756
  • im2_07.jpg
    im2_07.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 643
  • Iron Man V helmet.jpg
    Iron Man V helmet.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 554
Last edited:
Just release it under Creative Commons - Non-Commercial and skip the "private release" crap. Nobody benefits when people do that. There's what, six or seven Mk 5s that have been attempted and abandoned? And because nobody releases anything, nobody else gets to at least use the work they put in.

Do whatever you want, it's just a shame when people put in work and never release stuff.

The Ultron model you are referring to was made by laellee - specifically, I commissioned him to make it on the stipulation it would be made public and freely available.

The bionic arm I commissioned from jackieisrockin? Released. Same with the Ant-Man helmet pep he made for me. The whole reason I had him make the Ant-Man helmet is another member was making their model, never released it, and then up and disappeared.

Did you release your other Mk 5 files? If you're moving on from it or redoing it, why not release those? They're not going to benefit anyone sitting on your hard drive.

I am a big believer in open source and sharing. If you're not then that's fine - like I said, it's a shame to see the cycle repeat itself yet again.

To be fair...

most of the people who release files freely to the public have some other prop building on the side to line their own pockets.

I know now for a fact ghost believes in open sharing, especially throughout this community. Hell, half the time his printers are tied up printing things for other people as a favor. I wouldn't expect you to know that...but you could have taken a slightly less condescending stance in your reply. We all know you are a respected prop builder here, and we appreciate your contributions, but understand that not everyone feels the same way that you do, and that's ok! That's the beauty of this community!

You're doing great work ghost, and you've more than put in your dues. High five!

To be fair...

most of the people who release files freely to the public have some other prop building on the side to line their own pockets.

I know now for a fact ghost believes in open sharing, especially throughout this community. Hell, half the time his printers are tied up printing things for other people as a favor. I wouldn't expect you to know that...but you could have taken a slightly less condescending stance in your reply. We all know you are a respected prop builder here, and we appreciate your contributions, but understand that not everyone feels the same way that you do, and that's ok! That's the beauty of this community!

You're doing great work ghost, and you've more than put in your dues. High five!

Thanks brother! I appreciate it!

You are doing an amazing job as usual Ghost and can't wait to see the end results of your helmet. Some people may be swimming in a pool of bitterness :facepalm but you are nice to release the pep files for us to have a go at. I will be following your thread with interest

I am aware of who made the Ultron model. You have not released the 3d print model, as far as I'm aware.

The MK V model that I had commissioned is not being shared. This goes along with the wished of the guy who modeled it, skylu3design. So, no, I haven't and am not sharing it.

I'm not really sure what the basis of you're complaint is. You seem to speak as though I'm not sharing it. Yet, clearly in my first post I stated that it will be freely shared for pep, and that I would send the 3d print version to RPF members through PM. So, what exactly is your complaint?

And frankly speaking, I find it a little shameful for you to say that people should all just hand out there models. Try making that argument elsewhere and see where it gets you.

The helmet model that exists is about 30 minutes away from being 3D printable. What I would rather share is the knowledge on how anyone can turn any pep (and any 3D model in general) into a 3D printable part - which is a blog post I'm in the process of writing and using Ultron as an example.

I have absolutely no shame in supporting open source and I love seeing people inside and out of the costuming world sharing their stuff. I will continue to urge skilled modelers such as yourself to make their stuff available to the public, because it benefits the wider costuming community when you do so. It's not really a complaint, it's more of a "here we go again". How about this - can you tell me why you don't want to make the printable model you're making publicly available? What, exactly, is the benefit of making the pep file available (which itself can very easily be used for 3D printing) and only making the other files a "closed release"? What is the goal you are hoping to accomplish with that release method?

So, I have a friend who works out of the same workspace as me, and he is working on an amazing fully 3D printed kit. Maybe you've seen it. Last night we had a conversation where I told him he should release his files after his JY run is completed - after all, just because you have the files downloaded doesn't mean you have the skill or ability to actually make the thing. In a couple of weeks when his run is completed, I hope he puts his stuff out there because it's awesome and it will make a lot of people happy.

I have absolutely no shame in supporting open source and I love seeing people inside and out of the costuming world sharing their stuff. I will continue to urge skilled modelers such as yourself to make their stuff available to the public, because it benefits the wider costuming community when you do so. It's not really a complaint, it's more of a "here we go again". How about this - can you tell me why you don't want to make the printable model you're making publicly available? What, exactly, is the benefit of making the pep file available (which itself can very easily be used for 3D printing) and only making the other files a "closed release"? What is the goal you are hoping to accomplish with that release method?

You are rightfully subjected to that opinion, but this isn't your project. If GhostMinion only wants to share it privately, that's his perogative. You're making a mountain out of a molehill here.

It totally does. Good luck on the rest of the build, I'm sure this will be fantastic. I didn't mean to suggest I thought otherwise.

It totally does. Good luck on the rest of the build, I'm sure this will be fantastic. I didn't mean to suggest I thought otherwise.

No worries! :thumbsup

Anyhow, I still need to produce something worthy or sharing first. :lol I'm mean, after all, it's not done yet.

Very nice job bro. !!!, if u need something let me know. :)
I know why the difference between the design in the movie Iron Man 2, the Mark 5 which all saw, and the design created in Iron man 3 by Legacy ; the reason is this, the creator of the concept of the suit Mark 5 was made by designer Philippe Gaulier, and digital part where the suit (race Monaco) was used was entrusted to another design firm called Double Negative, they made the cgi model; apparently had a difference with the people of Legacy effects by copyright and Legacy relegate design Mark 4, 6 and War Machine Mark 1 to designer Ian Joyner, who also performed a design of the Mark 5 for Iron Man 3 that's the truth of why don't use the original Iron Man 2 cgi in Iron man 3, simple conclusion in "The Art of Iron Man 2" book design shown the original (Philippe Gaulier design), then Legacy had, to make another model similar, whether the model we saw later, that appeared in the CCI, and then in the movie Iron Man 3, is not in the book, Summary, the difference between the designs was clearly copyright.-

Philippe Gaulier blog

Ian Joyner site

Iron Man proyect

Iron Man P.Saunders proyect design

I love your previous version more:)
But please send me the file of this and I guranatee you that I won't take it for commercial.
I just want to collect more iron man props:D

Just had to weigh in here…
If there is anyone willing to share, may it be resources or mental support… it's Ghostminion! Seriously helped me out countless times and I'm always glad when I can return the favor. And his reason to share the final model the way he does is pretty cool! Everyone of us knows the typical noob who just joins theRPF to ask "files plz" inside the thread without even reading anything, just looking at the pictures. By actually having them READ the first post and making sure they know how to navigate through the system and write a Personal Message you make sure that the person at least knows the basics. And just MAYBE they return to post about something they made and by that contribute to the Forum. It's a big maybe but at least there's a chance. Personal Contact, even in just a PM is more "intimate" than just clicking a download link and therefore adds a certain commitment (I'm not quite sure if that is the right word I'm looking for. In german I would say "Verbindlichkeit") to the whole exchange.

Anyways, back to the topic! GhostMinion: Try to get rid of those triangles. Use squares in the mesh. That way you get rid of that pinching in the smoothed model. In Blender go into edit mode, select all faces and open the mesh menu: Mesh>Faces>tris to quads. It makes all the difference. Working on the topology manually is easier that way too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice job bro. !!!, if u need something let me know. :)
I know why the difference between the design in the movie Iron Man 2, the Mark 5 which all saw, and the design created in Iron man 3 by Legacy ; the reason is this, the creator of the concept of the suit Mark 5 was made by designer Philippe Gaulier, and digital part where the suit (race Monaco) was used was entrusted to another design firm called Double Negative, they made the cgi model; apparently had a difference with the people of Legacy effects by copyright and Legacy relegate design Mark 4, 6 and War Machine Mark 1 to designer Ian Joyner, who also performed a design of the Mark 5 for Iron Man 3 that's the truth of why don't use the original Iron Man 2 cgi in Iron man 3, simple conclusion in "The Art of Iron Man 2" book design shown the original (Philippe Gaulier design), then Legacy had, to make another model similar, whether the model we saw later, that appeared in the CCI, and then in the movie Iron Man 3, is not in the book, Summary, the difference between the designs was clearly copyright.-

Philippe Gaulier blog

Ian Joyner site

Iron Man proyect

Iron Man P.Saunders proyect design

Thank you good man! If I need anything I'll let you know. But you've already done so much posting those awesome pictures!

I love your previous version more:)
But please send me the file of this and I guranatee you that I won't take it for commercial.
I just want to collect more iron man props:D

Yeah, I do prefer the movie version, too.......if I had to choose only one. But I say......why not have both!

Don't worry, I'll revisit my other MK V soon. When I began making these awesome helmets, let's just say there was still much for me to learn. Guys like animefan make it look easy, but it's a serious amount of hard work and commitment. I've failed at things, and then learned from those failures. Right now, as far as physical builds go, I'm trying to focus on things more on a "one at a time" basis. I'm getting ever closer to finishing up my Mk 25 Striker lid, and once that's done, I'll re do the Mk V that skylu3design did for me.

As for this Mk V, well, once it's done you can go nuts with it!!!

Just had to weigh in here…
If there is anyone willing to share, may it be resources or mental support… it's Ghostminion! Seriously helped me out countless times and I'm always glad when I can return the favor. And his reason to share the final model the way he does is pretty cool! Everyone of us knows the typical noob who just joins theRPF to ask "files plz" inside the thread without even reading anything, just looking at the pictures. By actually having them READ the first post and making sure they know how to navigate through the system and write a Personal Message you make sure that the person at least knows the basics. And just MAYBE they return to post about something they made and by that contribute to the Forum. It's a big maybe but at least there's a chance. Personal Contact, even in just a PM is more "intimate" than just clicking a download link and therefore adds a certain commitment (I'm not quite sure if that is the right word I'm looking for. In german I would say "Verbindlichkeit") to the whole exchange.

Anyways, back to the topic! @GhostMinion: Try to get rid of those triangles. Use squares in the mesh. That way you get rid of that pinching in the smoothed model. In Blender go into edit mode, select all faces and open the mesh menu: Mesh>Faces>tris to quads. It makes all the difference. Working on the topology manually is easier that way too.

Thank you brother. I did see the tri's to quad's option, I'll play around with it this morning! Can't thank you enough for all the help and coaching with this stuff, bro. I wouldn't be where I am so far without your help!

Here's how the center tab is shaping up so far. I will likely re do it, but I think a good practice run for that area. I think it could look much better though. There are some problems in the mesh that I caused reshaping the center tab, so my good buddy Dirtsen is gonna have a look at what I did and take me to school. :)

LEMKVWIP4_zps9f7857d1.png
[/URL][/IMG]

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back