Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. AGFRX7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Messages
    554
    Nov 12, 2014, 7:47 PM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #51

    Just added the neck to the first post. It should be scaled but until it actually gets built, its hard to say if the scale works.
  2. AGFRX7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Messages
    554
    Nov 13, 2014, 4:22 PM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #52

    started the 3d print of the chin while I'm at work. I should come home to a new printed present =)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	533.7 KB 
ID:	405103
  3. AGFRX7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Messages
    554
    Nov 14, 2014, 1:08 AM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #53

    Well, it's got a few fitment issues but nothing a Drexel can't fix!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415945292.893100.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	290.0 KB 
ID:	405372


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. PooMmm's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Messages
    177
    Nov 14, 2014, 7:51 PM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #54

    AGFRX7 said: View Post
    Well, it's got a few fitment issues but nothing a Drexel can't fix!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415945292.893100.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	290.0 KB 
ID:	405372


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Should I try printing the neck piece now??
    It's scaled right?
  5. AGFRX7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Messages
    554
    Nov 14, 2014, 9:09 PM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #55

    PooMmm said: View Post
    Should I try printing the neck piece now??
    It's scaled right?
    3D Printing or print on paper? If you mean paper, it still needs unfolding.
  6. PooMmm's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Messages
    177
    Nov 15, 2014, 12:38 AM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #56

    I mean 3d printing.
  7. AGFRX7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Messages
    554
    Nov 15, 2014, 10:42 AM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #57

    The parts I posted are not meant for 3D Printing... unless you can mod them to have some depth. Otherwise they are only ready to print on paper. Once i know the helmet is good for sizing, I'll post those parts on the forum for people to download the stl's
  8. AGFRX7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Messages
    554
    Nov 17, 2014, 1:13 PM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #58

    More Progress on the helmet
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14026_556841924461398_2612885269751188671_n.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	406662
  9. The Lone Wanderer RPF Premium Member GhostMinion's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    From
    Capitol Wasteland
    Messages
    2,428
    Nov 17, 2014, 7:40 PM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #59

    AGFRX7 said: View Post
    More Progress on the helmet
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14026_556841924461398_2612885269751188671_n.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	406662

    Lovin' it! God, I can't wait to see the mastered helmet!!!
  10. AGFRX7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Messages
    554
    Nov 17, 2014, 9:28 PM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #60

    More progress on the helmet
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416277727.531565.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	398.7 KB 
ID:	406854


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. AGFRX7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Messages
    554
    Nov 18, 2014, 12:10 PM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #61

    Only one part left to go. The upside is that it looks great! The downside is that because the pieces overlapped in the 3D file, I'm having to trim a lot to make the faceplate fit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416330643.549901.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	312.9 KB 
ID:	406991


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. PooMmm's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Messages
    177
    Nov 20, 2014, 7:21 AM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #62

    Nice, need me to do anything??
  13. PooMmm's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Messages
    177
    Nov 21, 2014, 4:53 AM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #63

    AGFRX7 said: View Post
    Only one part left to go. The upside is that it looks great! The downside is that because the pieces overlapped in the 3D file, I'm having to trim a lot to make the faceplate fit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416330643.549901.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	312.9 KB 
ID:	406991


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Try motorising the helmet. Any chance that you will share the helmet 3d print file?? I want to make one too
    Last edited by PooMmm; Nov 21, 2014 at 9:18 AM.
  14. AGFRX7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Messages
    554
    Nov 25, 2014, 3:33 PM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #64

    PooMmm said: View Post
    Try motorising the helmet. Any chance that you will share the helmet 3d print file?? I want to make one too
    I wanted to make sure I printed the helmet and checked the sizing before releasing the 3d print files. When I get to my computer, I'll be able to upload them. Btw. I have a 24" head and it fits well. Anyone with a slightly larger head should be okay as well, but anyone else with a smaller head is gonna look like a bobble head. So you'll need to decrease the over all size.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. AGFRX7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Messages
    554
    Nov 25, 2014, 3:35 PM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #65

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416947634.043240.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	320.4 KB 
ID:	409190
    I had to trim the faceplate edge a lot, and remove all the interior support junk so I could have it fit roughly. It's still not perfect and has large gaps between sections. I plan on uploading the 3d print files later but in the meantime here's what the helmet will roughly look like. If you go the route I have.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  16. The Lone Wanderer RPF Premium Member GhostMinion's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    From
    Capitol Wasteland
    Messages
    2,428
    Nov 25, 2014, 4:52 PM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #66

    AGFRX7 said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416947634.043240.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	320.4 KB 
ID:	409190
    I had to trim the faceplate edge a lot, and remove all the interior support junk so I could have it fit roughly. It's still not perfect and has large gaps between sections. I plan on uploading the 3d print files later but in the meantime here's what the helmet will roughly look like. If you go the route I have.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    Dude, I love how your lid is coming out! Can't wait to see more work on it!
  17. AGFRX7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Messages
    554
    Nov 26, 2014, 9:00 AM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #67

    First test fit. It fits!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1417010405852.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	409307
  18. The Lone Wanderer RPF Premium Member GhostMinion's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    From
    Capitol Wasteland
    Messages
    2,428
    Nov 26, 2014, 9:10 AM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #68

    AGFRX7 said: View Post
    First test fit. It fits!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1417010405852.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	409307

    Very, very nice! Good job with the scaling indeed.
  19. PooMmm's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Messages
    177
    Nov 27, 2014, 7:23 AM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #69

    AGFRX7 said: View Post
    First test fit. It fits!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1417010405852.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	409307
    Nice Job!! Wish you can share the file soon .
  20. AGFRX7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Messages
    554
    Nov 29, 2014, 2:00 AM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #70

    Added the under chin area and filled in some of the gaps from behind

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417244380.260456.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	309.2 KB 
ID:	410245


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  21. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Messages
    50
    Dec 24, 2014, 7:40 PM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #71

    Loving this thread! Do you plan on releasing the PDO for the helmet? I'm not a pro at it but i'll be glad to help with anything on it. My son would love one of these for his collection.
  22. AGFRX7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Messages
    554
    Jan 4, 2015, 4:39 PM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #72

    Hi Ironbat, the PDO needs to be worked and unfolded.. even then there are some overlaps that simply don't translate well into Pepakura. I'll try posting the link here in the next hour or so.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Update. I have just uploaded the 3D print files for the helmet.
    ***FYI and WARNING*** there are some overlapping issues with this file. It isn't perfect. I had to do a lot of trimming to get things to fit, and it will take me some work to get it looking right once I have time to use some bondo and such.
  23. Member Since
    Feb 2014
    Messages
    2
    Jan 5, 2015, 3:18 PM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #73

    ok i have been watching this thread since the start and now i get my present BUT looks like your link to the 3d print file are not working or locked to only you
    and due to the high poly count in the pdo it would be close to imposible to unfold in the app
    if you could place a link to a obj file i can give it a try to drop the poly count I am trained in the z-brush program these files where created in and might be able to tweek a low poly out of the super high versioln we have (i would normally do this my self exporting from the pdo but it seems you have exported a locked pdo as well )
    if the security on these files is on purpose sorry for the miss understanding

    i hope my offer and advice have gone over well i would love to see a few of these helmets out there yours is sweet
  24. BillyOnion's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    From
    London, UK
    Messages
    52
    Jan 6, 2015, 9:31 AM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #74

    botchiam said: View Post
    ok i have been watching this thread since the start and now i get my present BUT looks like your link to the 3d print file are not working or locked to only you
    and due to the high poly count in the pdo it would be close to imposible to unfold in the app
    if you could place a link to a obj file i can give it a try to drop the poly count I am trained in the z-brush program these files where created in and might be able to tweek a low poly out of the super high versioln we have (i would normally do this my self exporting from the pdo but it seems you have exported a locked pdo as well )
    if the security on these files is on purpose sorry for the miss understanding

    i hope my offer and advice have gone over well i would love to see a few of these helmets out there yours is sweet
    I've also been loitering. I've got no experience with unfolding, but I'd be willing to give it a try. I'm desperate for a pep of this suit, so far I've been (sort-of) freehanding it. I won't lie to you, it's not going well!
  25. The Lone Wanderer RPF Premium Member GhostMinion's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    From
    Capitol Wasteland
    Messages
    2,428
    Jan 6, 2015, 10:18 AM - Re: Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files #75

    AGFRX7 said: View Post
    Hi Ironbat, the PDO needs to be worked and unfolded.. even then there are some overlaps that simply don't translate well into Pepakura. I'll try posting the link here in the next hour or so.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Update. I have just uploaded the 3D print files for the helmet.
    ***FYI and WARNING*** there are some overlapping issues with this file. It isn't perfect. I had to do a lot of trimming to get things to fit, and it will take me some work to get it looking right once I have time to use some bondo and such.



    Hey, how's the progress going with your printed helmet? Looking forward to seeing more pics!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 18, 2014, 5:55 PM
  2. Bleeding Edge Foam Build (will be pic heavy)
    kwironmancsplay, Marvel Costumes and Props
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Nov 18, 2014, 7:38 AM
  3. Iron Man Bleeding Edge cosplay
    MaxPrimal, Marvel Costumes and Props
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 28, 2013, 12:38 AM
  4. Iron Man MK 42 Files HELP!!!!!!
    mdashlin117, Marvel Costumes and Props
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2013, 6:25 AM
  5. Bleeding Edge Iron Man Build - CANCELLED
    AGFRX7, Marvel Costumes and Props
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jun 9, 2011, 2:06 PM

Tags