Thanks a lot ! And coming from you this is a really cool compliment :)

Anyway I still don't have an airbrush, but I will buy one and will finish some details ont it.

Michael, that's looking seriously good! Something to be really proud of! I love all the splatter.

Hi Kokkari. I'm new to this forum and cannot for the life of me work out to PM you. Are you still selling the grebblie kits and side panels for the MF customisation? I would greatly appreciate it. Cheers

Hi Kokkari. I'm new to this forum and cannot for the life of me work out to PM you. Are you still selling the grebblie kits and side panels for the MF customisation? I would greatly appreciate it. Cheers

Yes I still offer them. If you click on my name on this post it will give you the option to message me. I can give you the details from there.

Finally dug this out of my closet and started working on it again. I added the Randy Cooper engine vents and tried out the brass covers for fun. They obviously need some gap filler. Should look really good when it's done! Also, started preparing the interior for lights.
View attachment 461434View attachment 461435View attachment 461433
I am looking for the photo etched vents, I really love how they look and the depth they enable. Any idea who makes them? I did not see them on coopers site, really wish I found more vendors before committing to cooper. Any help would be appreciated!

The real cheap way of doing the engine vents, dont have any money but have bottle tops from milk cartons, and have the pull out sports drinks tops, yes I know its not Canon, its my build and it came down to being frugal, I also painted the rear deck in advance, so I could work out how much needs to come off. To be honest it actually is a very good casting, the piping needs replacing as they could not have any undercuts. I have also noticed that the inside mechanism of the sports drink is near enough a match to a vent on the side walls. I do have one problem. I have no etched brass to simulate the top. I am looking everywhere for a mesh that is not woven, square design. So trying to think out of the box on that one. If any of you have any ideas please let me know.

Also apologise for the shoddy photos, I dont like bringing my DSLR into a dirty environment.

Richie.

View attachment 431361View attachment 431369View attachment 431368View attachment 431367View attachment 431366View attachment 431365View attachment 431364View attachment 431363View attachment 431362View attachment 431370b
fantastic great job!

I am looking for the photo etched vents, I really love how they look and the depth they enable. Any idea who makes them? I did not see them on coopers site, really wish I found more vendors before committing to cooper. Any help would be appreciated!
I'm not sure who makes photo etched vents if Cooper is not offering them but I'm pretty sure you can find 3D printed ones if you get on Shapeways. Look up the artist 308 Bits. He does a bunch of hasbro falcon upgrades.

I think when I was researching mine I read that the photo tech grills aren’t very “accurate” to any of the screen used models. I used the 3D printed ones from 308 bits and they look pretty cool. E65914B3-ABAD-4B9F-A432-21796433DD45.jpeg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back