That pic you posted Robert shows you how good those Revell Ties are really.
I believe this will have to go down in history as "the great Tie purge"

Rest in pieces RT you go to a better place. :)

Are you planning on cutting out the current vents on the Falcon? What's your plan on how you are going to incorporate this?

I'll be cutting out the falcon's vents. How will I incorporate them? Either cut them a little oversized and glue from the bottom, or carefully trim them to fit with a sanding drum on my dremel, friction fit them in place then seal them in with Loctite super glue. Fortunately I have two wings...plenty for practice:)

Robert

Why dont you just take a mold of the wing, rather than destroy it?

I wasn't happy with the paint job on this Tie, so it's the perfect excuse to by another(they're cheap and plentiful) and do it right.

Robert

- - - Updated - - -

You could make it into one of those ties that crashes into vaders Advanced tie....It get its wing destroyed.

That's a good idea!:thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

That pic you posted Robert shows you how good those Revell Ties are really.
I believe this will have to go down in history as "the great Tie purge"

Rest in pieces RT you go to a better place. :)

Yeah, to me it's the perfect size for a Tie model.:thumbsup

Robert

I have a great tip for cutting the missing plate details on the main body where the sticker should go, make them from clear plastic and it's easy to place over the part and just draw on the shapes :)

I have a great tip for cutting the missing plate details on the main body where the sticker should go, make them from clear plastic and it's easy to place over the part and just draw on the shapes :)

Why not just use the sticker as a template? Trim sticker out, tape to sheet plastic, cut out.

Why not just use the sticker as a template? Trim sticker out, tape to sheet plastic, cut out.

Well Robiwon, I did think of that and assumed that it wouldn't be close enough, but I just checked the one have already cut against its sticker and it is really close actually.
I'll try it on a couple of the bottom ones to compare.

Hey Kokkari,
are you going to change the height of the two big oblong bits that are in the centre towards the front, in front of the guns? (dont know what they're called) they stick out too far, or to put another way are too high on the top one/low on the bottom one.
Also are you going to extend the cockpit area like PHArchivist showed back in the other thread :)

Hey Kokkari,
Also are you going to extend the cockpit area like PHArchivist showed back in the other thread :)

An extended cockpit would be nice, the one with it is noticeably short.

Also,

I got an email from Shapeways this morning say all the parts had been made and were being shipped. So I should see them by Saturday.

Hey Kokkari,
are you going to change the height of the two big oblong bits that are in the centre towards the front, in front of the guns? (dont know what they're called) they stick out too far, or to put another way are too high on the top one/low on the bottom one.
I'm not going to extend the cockpit. To me the cockpit looks kinda like the large 5ft. studio model. i know PHArchivist did the size comparison to the 32" model (I think), but I think the 32" cockpit is longer than the 5ft. relatively speaking. I could be wrong though. The one on this toy doesn't bother me, so I just assume leave it. I need to check out the other pieces you are referring to when I get off work. Not that I'm on the RPF at work or anything LMAO! I can't think of what your talking about off hand.

I'm still getting the hang of the different versions but,
if the big pics in the star wars archive book are the 5' model then It is longer, I think its about 5mm.
compweb-(9).jpg :)

The thing is, Hasbro have taken elements from both versions to make a version that looks pleasing to the eye......well my eyes anyway!

J

If anyone is looking for something to do with leftover Revell TIE parts AFTER a wing has been donated to the cause, here's one possibility.

As for me, I am going to experiment with resin casting a plug. If it works, a TIE won't need to be sacrificed. If it doesn't... get a second one and go with TIE Bizarro conversion with the leftovers (the one pictured was made from the old AMT 2 TIE set, actually a rather nice kit).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back