Looking For Dye Sub File That DOESN'T Use The "Raimi" Style Pelting

thejakemoore

Hey everyone,

I'm gonna be working on a costume for my girlfriend, and I'm looking for a dye sub pattern to use as a base. I want one that DOESN'T use the pelting that everyone borrows from the Raimi suit. THIS DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO BE A SPIDEY SUIT!! Literally any suit that doesn't use the Raimi pelting. I know I've seen one or two pop up on here, just can't find them.

"What's pelting??" I can hear you ask.
Pelting is the shape of the suit when laid flat, before sewing it together.
The Raimi pelting is most easily recognized by its mask and shoulder design, as highlighted below
3Qdv+

SO! Does anyone know where I can buy a file that uses a different pattern than this?

Hmm, would it be possible to have a 3D modeller create one for you? You can take photos of your girlfriend from different angles while she's wearing a body suit and the 3D modeller could create a 3D file based on her body measurements and shape a flat pelting template for you to edit.

I'm not really looking for alternative solutions. I've already thought of them all.

The way that I've asked here is the lowest hanging fruit.

The perfect solution would be to find someone with "optitex". It's one of the industry standards in pattern making. Then you could work from that.

You can get it from their site www.optitex.com/en/ but it looks like they sell it on a case by case basis.

Again, I know I've seen suit designs that don't use the raimi pelting on here, just hoping someone can remember who it was

You can get it from their site www.optitex.com/en/ but it looks like they sell it on a case by case basis.

Again, I know I've seen suit designs that don't use the raimi pelting on here, just hoping someone can remember who it was

I remember seeing a post where the person had an ASM1 print and the sections were completely different.

The head/mask was one piece unlike the Raimi one which uses 4-5 pieces for the head.

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of.

The Raimi and McLean's are the only ones I've seen. Hopefully someone can point you in the right direction.

Thanks, but all of Taylor's patterns use the Raimin style of sewing.

Does anyone know the original artist of this suit? The person I found selling this is a known re-seller, so I'm not purchasing from him. Trying to find the original.
ae47e63d6ed381089d527c9cf14d544d.jpg

Thanks, but all of Taylor's patterns use the Raimin style of sewing.

Does anyone know the original artist of this suit? The person I found selling this is a known re-seller, so I'm not purchasing from him. Trying to find the original.
https://d2yca1enuxtdrs.cloudfront.n...uct/1240/ae47e63d6ed381089d527c9cf14d544d.jpg

To my eye, that looks to be MCL34N's TASM1 arrangement...or some hybrid of his and the Raimi. Offhand I can remember what his V1 leg pelting looked like that that's what looks very Raimi-esque.

Why are you looking to avoid the Raimi pelting, out of curiosity?

Honestly, the best solution if you are completely against using the Raimi pelting and are moral enough not to buy a knock off of MCL34N's pelting, is to roll your own pattern. All that takes is a complete body suit of ANY pelting pattern, then you just draw your pattern over it (while it's being worn) and cut along lines where seams will be easily hidden. Then, take pictures of those peices, flat, and trace them in the computer to get a one-of-a-kind pelting arrangement that is 100% optimized for whatever costume you're making.

The simplest starting point is a white full body zentai suit and go from there with the above process. It's not ideal, but it's the main option that's available to you if you don't want to use the available pelting.

Good luck!

-Nick

To my eye, that looks to be MCL34N's TASM1 arrangement...or some hybrid of his and the Raimi. Offhand I can remember what his V1 leg pelting looked like that that's what looks very Raimi-esque.

Why are you looking to avoid the Raimi pelting, out of curiosity?

Honestly, the best solution if you are completely against using the Raimi pelting and are moral enough not to buy a knock off of MCL34N's pelting, is to roll your own pattern. All that takes is a complete body suit of ANY pelting pattern, then you just draw your pattern over it (while it's being worn) and cut along lines where seams will be easily hidden. Then, take pictures of those peices, flat, and trace them in the computer to get a one-of-a-kind pelting arrangement that is 100% optimized for whatever costume you're making.

The simplest starting point is a white full body zentai suit and go from there with the above process. It's not ideal, but it's the main option that's available to you if you don't want to use the available pelting.

Good luck!

-Nick

Adding to what Nick said, having a mannequin wearing the white zentai suit will give you a better idea of how your new custom pattern will fit on an average human body. If you can find a mannequin that matches your body type all the more better for you.

I believe that was DGP's (DamnGoodPaul's) pattern he started selling on Ebay after he got banned here (which was because he made a bootleg Mclean pattern but then an outright copy of it). I could be mistaken but the lack of seam allotment was an issue with his and that one you posted looks to have the same issue.

Oh man, this is an old thread. I've come a long way since then.

For anyone looking for info:
McLean sells fantastic Spidey suits that don't use the standard Raimi pelting.
4Neo has also started selling patterns that use his own style of pelting.

As for me, I've been making my own suits from scratch for a while now. Creating my own patterns and using colored spandex.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back