Heath Ledger Joker/ work in progress

streetjudge79

Master Member
The owner of this piece wanted me to match it as close as possible to the jailhouse scene. I think I got it pretty close. I still have to add the eyelashes and he’s adding a wig to it.

Here is the original shot

The only thing I'm seeing is that the forehead needs more flesh tone in it. Like the still above. Other than that, FANTASTIC work as always. Looks great. Love the creepy eyes.

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's frakking GREAT. First treatment of a Joker bust I've seen for that "stage" of warpaint.

The customer should be TOTALLY stoked. :thumbsup :thumbsup

I think thats your best joker paint up to date Steve. Looks very awesome.

Out of interest, is this from the life cast ?

I'll answer this one. Yes, it's made from a modified full head Ledger cast. The closed eyes were cut out and open eyes were sculpted in. The scars were also added.

It is Steve's best Joker paint up to date. On a side note, I would love some pointers on hair work. I've seen your Jokers and they look fantastic.

Reel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It looks awesome. wouldnt mind bagging one of these myself. aw thanks dude :)

The hair can be tricky and makes or breaks the joker imo.
What I did was find a good wavy or curly wig to start. If you go down the real hair route, you could dye it or spray paint works pretty well. Get a brown wig and leave the roots brown then lightly add the green,
what I do is roughly draw the hair line on the bust in pencil and use it as a guide to lay the hair. cut the wig in clumps around half an inch to an inch and glue them down bit by bit. I usually start from the sides then around the back to the other side. Once thats done, then lay the hair on the top using the hair line you have drawn going from the right side of his head sweeping to the side, kind making a flap. You should see it take shape at this point then its a case of adding a bit at the front if need be and trimming it up to length.

Thats how Iv done a few of mine and they came out pretty well. I know a guy who did similar at 1/6 scale did similar and he put a thin layer of clay over the hair where its glued down to make it look tidy and bedded in but iv not tried that yet :)

Hope this helps.

It looks awesome. wouldnt mind bagging one of these myself. aw thanks dude :)

The hair can be tricky and makes or breaks the joker imo.
What I did was find a good wavy or curly wig to start. If you go down the real hair route, you could dye it or spray paint works pretty well. Get a brown wig and leave the roots brown then lightly add the green,
what I do is roughly draw the hair line on the bust in pencil and use it as a guide to lay the hair. cut the wig in clumps around half an inch to an inch and glue them down bit by bit. I usually start from the sides then around the back to the other side. Once thats done, then lay the hair on the top using the hair line you have drawn going from the right side of his head sweeping to the side, kind making a flap. You should see it take shape at this point then its a case of adding a bit at the front if need be and trimming it up to length.

Thats how Iv done a few of mine and they came out pretty well. I know a guy who did similar at 1/6 scale did similar and he put a thin layer of clay over the hair where its glued down to make it look tidy and bedded in but iv not tried that yet :)

Hope this helps.

There's 2 blank casts in the JY right now ;)

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back