Rick grimes replica costume!

TrentMaximus

My version of Rick is a little tied to both characters, the one from the books, and our beloved Andrew Lincoln. I like the style they chose for him being from that area in the country, makes me proud to say I'm from the south!! Either way I have really dug the look so much so, that I have gone from trying to look close to his appearance, to actually finding as close to if not completely accurate items to piece together what I think will be the most accurate one I have ever done, I will show you my secrets and tricks to becoming as GRIM​EY as you can!!

• THE JEANS-
    these jeans are basic Levi's the pair I purchased 501's they work out GREAT
    http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3183661
    all you need to do is remove the tags and destroy or tarnish as you please.
    BEFORE: image1.JPGAFETR:IMG_0793.JPGIMG_0792.JPG

• THE SHIRT- I know what your thinking, standard beige or tan pearl snap right??
    WRONG! I am sporting just a plain old dirty white T-shirt I'll explan at the END.
    BEFORE:image1 (2).JPG AFTER:IMG_0791.JPG

• THE JACKET- Now minus the zippers on the two front pockets, the fur coloring, and the two extra snaps on the cuffs that are missing, This jacket is almost identical to the one he wears in the show.
    http://www.fitjackets.com/products/Rick-Grimes-Walking-Dead-Jacket.html
    I'm going to fix two these issues by sewing zippers on the two front pockets and dying the fur that off yellow/brown that it is in the show, by using tea and soaking the collar.
    image1.JPGimage2.JPG

• THE GUN- Now you have options here if you want you could buy a python with out a pin, it'll cost you. I went with something a little less threatening and got and air-soft gun that works great with it all.
    http://www.blazingtoys.com/product_p/btua938sw.htm
    IMG_0671.JPG
    pairs online

• THE DUTY BELT & ACCESSORIES- The belt is from a local gun store ran about eighty bucks, and the rest I went ahead and bought from Texas Shoemaker & Sons inc. I bought most all of it there, I did find some of it on ebay.
    http://www.texshoemaker.com/42A-Walking-Dead-Zombie-Holster-42A.htm
    IMG_0670.JPG

• AND FINALLY WHAT I CONSIDER TO BE A CHALLENGE... THE BOOTS- The actual boots that he wears are Justin 2222 Coffee Bullhide from 1984, good luck finding any online i tried; you can find some a very similar pair online if you look took a few stills from the show.
    you can thank (HakSawJak) for a phot of the actual boots here is the link for his version:
    http://www.therpf.com/f24/walking-dead-rick-grimes-sheriff-uniform-season-1-a-175643/
    HERE ARE THE ACTUALS
    IMG_0597.JPG
    for now I don't have the pair I want But these are the pair I am getting
    BEFORE:image1.JPG AFTER:IMG_0783.JPG(sand paper)
    they are: ACME brown vintage western boots, a used pair I found on ebay

• To sum it up I feel over all I have done well at compiling the information from yes even others on this site, but from anywhere I could online. It has come together nicely when I finsih the jacket and receive the boots I ordered I will show the complete costume off. let me know what you think so far; and thanks for checking out the post!!

I also want to go ahead and sum up the whit t shirt, in the books you don't see him really sporting a set of various pearl snap shirts, it's more like he wears his jacket and a plain white shirt; in the show they've kind of added that imagery of him to for the last few episode of last season, he wore a jacket resembling the one from the books and just that a plain white shirt.

FINALLY=======
      the end result!!
      IMG_0798.JPGIMG_0799.JPGIMG_0794.JPGIMG_0797.JPG

Attachments

• $_14.JPG
    $_14.JPG
    1.3 KB · Views: 1,624
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,507
Last edited:
Apologies, I'm new to this. What do you mean by proof pics?

i don't exactly know what a proof pic is, I am kind of new to this. thanks for the heads up.

From the rules post:

Third, you must post a proof photo into your build thread, "proving" this is your costume in order to dissuade those who might simply submit a random photo from off the internet. The "proof" photo needs to be you, in costume, with either a sheet of paper that says "The RPF Costume Contest 2014" or a photo of you in costume with your computer in the background with therpf.com up on the computer. This is a very important step, so make sure to include your "proof" photo when entering!

Get it in today and I'll allow the entry. :)

Thanks bud, will do!
By the way I hope my costume won't loose cool point because I got a hair cut the next morning. Ha
I'll snap one in front of my tv with the RPF Halloween costume contest up In about 45 minutes.

Last edited:
excellent work! love that you chose to do season 5 rick and found a good copy of the jacket. came out fantastic. also, nice touch with the red handled machete. where did you find that and what are you using to carry it?

sorry it took so long to get back to you. I actually made the machete out of thick poster board rubber cement, and some black silver and red pant, the handle was from a plastic machete I got at a Halloween store. I cut it and assembled it a couple of years back when I did my first attempt at ricks outfit. the sheath I made from a long sleeved shirt, some buckles and some elastic.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back