Marvel's Legion (FX TV Series)

Oops, you're right. Thanks, merging now.

Though I was still hoping Fox was going to do a separate 'X-Men' series, even though this will feature some of the mutants.

We are a few weeks out so I'll bump this thread up with a question.

My wife is considering watching this with me. Her X-Men knowledge (at least as far as she cares to retain) is pretty much limited to Wolverine=Hugh Jackman and Prof X= Patrick Stewart

Would identifying the main character's father be too much of a spoiler? Or is this something that will never be addressed in the series.

Would identifying the main character's father be too much of a spoiler? Or is this something that will never be addressed in the series.

I've wondered this myself. In the comics, there's no denying who the father is. Is Fox trying to tie the TV show to the movie universe? It would make sense since there are. Ew movies in the works, along with the new Wolverine movie coming out, as it would keep the X universe relevant between flicks. However, I've yet to see anything regarding his lineage being addressed Officially in the press. Maybe it's a surprise they are withholding to get us to watch. Its definitely on MY watchlist though.

I don't know much about this show, but I read something on blastr.com that they are not connecting this to the larger universe. Why they wouldn't is beyond me. I guess Agents of Shield technically isn't, but they still play along with the movies.

Really like the production design of the show, how it blends that 60's mod look with "modern" ideas of future stuff, and its use of color. Just not so sure about it though. There's a lot I really like about it but there's just something about it that just feels, I dunno, incomplete. I know it's just the first episode, and it's provided enough to want me to continue watching, but it lacks a certain finesse I feel. Like it's a good collection of moments rather than a complete single narrative, in terms of this episode anyway.

Oh, well. We'll see how this goes.

No confirmation, but I'm seeing more speculation that it's the Shadow King, since there's a comic history between the characters.

Really enjoyed it. The sense of almost feeling lost was spot on for engaging with the main character, feels dangerous/mysterious and the main actor is very intriguing. Loved the direction and set designs, the colour and the feel of it was great/fun/creepy/unsettling.

I watched this last night and quiet enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I'm fairly sure it won't get more than 1 season. It's delightfully strange and unsettling, and therefor unlikely to garner long-term viewership.

It's definitely interesting, but I hope it's not as jumbled as in "what's real and what isn't" because I know that will turn a lot of people off. I loved the scene where he figured out he switched bodies with Sydney (that's her name right?) and start playing with her boobs because that's exactly what any guy would do! :lol I also hope Aubrey Plaza's character sticks around because I really like her as an actor.

Three episodes in and I've pinpointed the thing I don't like most about this show: the acting. It's very stilted and...lifeless. Stock portrayals of "eccentrics''. The show has lots of style but it really can't make up for how just kinda...dull...it is.

Is anyone still watching this??

I keep watching...waiting for something...ANYTHING...to happen, yet at the end of every hour I feel like I've just watched nothing but filler material. I'm pretty sure I understand what is going on, and I'm following the plot, but it just feels like it's going nowhere fast...and there's only two episodes left this season.

That's the problem that I have with it, nothing is actually going on. This isn't a superhero show, it's a mess. But it only goes 8 episodes so I'll stick with it until the end of the season and hopefully it will improve.

It's definitely a more style-over-substance kind of show. There really is nothing going on with the show and what has been going on is very trite ("You're the oneto stop this war"). I'm not expecting much more for the last two episodes because there's been nothing done for the past six beyond following these very dull, stilted people.

I'll stick with it but, really, I got Feud to tide me over until Fargo comes back.

Yeah that last episode had absolutely no purpose whatsoever other than to show that parasite mutant is messing with him, which we know already. I'm all for watching Aubrey Plaza dance around, but that was pointless.

Yeup. Tonight's penultimate episode wasn't anything special. Better than what the last 3-4 episodes have been but too little, too late.

Yeup. Tonight's penultimate episode wasn't anything special. Better than what the last 3-4 episodes have been but too little, too late.

I forgot it was on tonight...but I think my wife got it on the DVR, so I'll watch it in a day or two. I wasn't expecting much to begin with, and now I'm expecting even less.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back