Airbrush Paint Advice please

fandango

I've just got an airbrush & compressor to paint props, latex masks, etc. I'm totally stumped as to what paint or mixture I should use.

I'm based in Australia and would appreciate a nudge in the right direction as to good affordable brands and products to learn with.

Thanks!

Hi.

there's loads of stuff out there, check youtube for tutorials.

I use humbrol, about a 50/50 mix of paint and thinners.

trial and error.

just be sure to clean your airbrush well after use.

i was just going to post a similar thread myself.
picked up my first airbrush this weekend (iwata eclipse hp-cs)
was wondering what kind of paint people use for makeup/body paint.

is there any specific online retailer that everyone buys from that has better prices for this kind of stuff?

Hi!

Amber, here. My main costume is a twi'lek. I use an alcohol based body paint called Temptu. It's relatively comfortable (if I sweat too much it itches but if I stay cool I don't even notice it's on), water proof, and comes in some pretty nice colors. It is more expensive than other brands but I love how even and gorgeous my paint job comes out looking. We've also used Olive Branch (alcohol-based, not as long lasting as Temptu and more difficult to put on) and Mehron liquid (water-based, amazing color but durability is only about four hours).

For all of the body paints, if we can't get them from Amazon.com, there's usually a way to order them off their collective websites.

I use the same paint for the latex prosthetic as I do my body. :) Only difference being I rarely have to repaint the lekku, so that's nice!

Good luck! :D

Lately I've been using Tim Gore's Bloodline from Createx. Use it straight from the bottle or you can mix it down.

can also check out Skin Illustrator colors, Union Process Rubber Inks, Fw Acrylic inks etc..

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back