3D printable DL-18 Kanan's blaster from Star Wars Rebels COMPLETED!

zenix

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm about 80% done so far. The plan is to make this 3d printable in snap-together pieces like I did with the scout trooper blaster.

wip.PNGblaster wip.pngsk.PNGr.PNG

Last edited:
Re: 3D printable DL-18 Kanan's blaster from Star Wars Rebels

great work. what software are you using? It's a shame to put in all that effort and still have that paneling on your curved faces.

Great looking model, looking forward to seeing updates :)

print-in-place trigger mechanism! Just add elastic band:
pip trigger.PNGtrig.PNG

Also, I've acquired some genuine dewback hide.

IMG_20141006_103703.jpg

Sweet trigger!! I used Cinema 4D to do the modeling.... The blockyness was done on purpose. I'm in the UK so wanted to make sure it could not be mistaken for a real firearm. It looks fine from a distance when painted black and weathered but is obviously NOT real up close. That's also the reason It doesn't have a trigger, we have to be super careful at the moment.

Attachments

• Widgets.jpg
    Widgets.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

Fantastic, I was hoping someone would model up that blaster! I like how they adapted the Jabba's palace blaster for the show.

Very nice. Any plans to do more Rebels items like Hera's Blaster, Sabine's paint sprayer, etc...?

Ya I can do them. I don't see the side rockets on Kanan's so I won't b including it in the main model. It's going to be 9 or 10 pieces total. I'm pretty much done. I've printed the scope and the handle so far. A bunch of the small parts are printing now. I'll finish the main block before i go to bed and get the print tarted overnight. It's the longest one by far

Here's the handle, trigger printed-in-place

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm printing the final piece now
IMG_20141006_233942.jpgIMG_20141006_234039.jpg

Last edited:

I immediately went to the JY to look for the FS thread.:cry

I have no access to a printer & don't drive, so if you decide to sell actual kits, I'm ready to pay.:thumbsup

(within reason, of course;))

Don't jump the gun... I'm not done yet!

I made a few minor tweaks, and designed in spacing for electronics. I just did a rough blockout for a 9v battery, and made a tube that connects the internal chamber up through the barrel. the trigger swings just the right distance to tap a microswitch mounted directly over the cavity where the trigger sits. I didn't model any mounts or anything for it yet, nor did I design a circuit. For a simple LED they're pretty simple though. The next step is paint, and I'll need to cut out the leather grips and see how they look when attached.

blaster inside.png

FANTASTIC! I can't wait to see what you work into the final version. I follow you on Thingaverse, are you going to be uploading the print files? I actually just made my armor patterns for Kanan's armor.

thanks. are the armor patterns for 3d printing? or.. how are you making them?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back