Iron Man mkIII 3D Printed

I've been researching this. :)

I think I know one of them, but it's really hard to tell from my low-quality reference pics I just got from youtube. If you know where to get better ones, it would nice.
The blu-ray or DVD shows them pretty well. Hint. One is easy... One is more difficult but it's still visible. One on the front of the torso, one on the back.

Alright, is it this?

1. The little chest indent. In the monger one its filled in, and in the gulmira one its not.
IronManGulmira2-2.pngScreen Shot .png

2. The number of spines. In gulmira its 7, in monger 6.

In addition to what Bogleo said, the hero suit doesn't have the endotech details on the collar plate or the rib details.

In addition to what Bogleo said, the hero suit doesn't have the endotech details on the collar plate or the rib details.

Then let's go apples vs apples and only point out the differences that appear on the CG suit from the Gomera scene to the final battle with the monger.

1- The chest indent
2. ?

I think it is this:

bboom.png

The little grooves on the lower flap that are on the CG suit but not the Hero. (I think).

Also, OT, but in the image above, his face is distorted. I wonder if that is there in the actual movie, or if it's just a messed up picture.

I think it is this:

View attachment 431597

The little grooves on the lower flap that are on the CG suit but not the Hero. (I think).

Also, OT, but in the image above, his face is distorted. I wonder if that is there in the actual movie, or if it's just a messed up picture.

Nice. I never noticed that before... I always thought that the grooved back flaps were only on the mk2. Hero and CG. They are clearly in the fighter scene... not so sure they are always there, but the certainly show up in that shot.

Here are some more screen grabs of the flap grooves.
confirmed.jpg

So, not exactly what I was thinking, but lets say if nobody gets it in the next hour (11:09 am CST) you get um!

Yup! All fingers are printed.

- - - Updated - - -

yes... You were exempt from that one.

I'd be interested in seeing them. I tried printed the ones by Abb eliten, but they were too small. I may try printing yours.

Also, why would it have been cheating?

I'd be interested in seeing them. I tried printed the ones by Abb eliten, but they were too small. I may try printing yours.

Also, why would it have been cheating?
Sure.

I have worked with GhostMinion and he knows everything there is to know about the mk3...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 348
It has to be the trapezoid front!! There's more details in the cgi suit vs the hero! That, the flaps size, details and hinges, the bolts are different too. The back section of the abs, colar details, inner cheeks of the helmet not present at all etc etc ;-)

So, there are a ton of differences throughout the movie. Most are between the CGI and hero suit, but some are even different among CGI suits and the CGI/Hero amalgam. I'll just show a few.

First, note the weirdness going on with the helmet. There is a ripple present on the helmet that doesn't appear anywhere else in the film. Also note the upper middle trapezius area. It's mostly flat with clean, sharp lines.

8DzsUup.jpg

Now compare to this grab a few seconds later. Here we see no more ripple on the helmet, and the upper trapezius panel, while it looks very similar, seems to be larger on the top side than it was in the previous grab. The difference seems slight, but we'll compare it to a frame later on that is more severe.

Psy7WAK.jpg

This grab is just before the Iron Monger fight. Here, most of the upper torso/helmet is practical, and we can see the big difference in the upper trapezius panel. Instead of the clean, sharp lines we had before, this clearly is more more rounded, like it was vacuum-formed plastic.

wGkvuHE.jpg

Moments later, we see an entirely different trapezius panel, shorter than all the others. I'm pretty sure this is also practical, given the sloppy splitting of the trap/shoulder panels. Also note that you can see RDJ's jaw underneath the helmet. Some pieces are clearly missing here.

CAC8A1Y.png

Some seconds before this we see Tony suiting up to fight Iron Monger and the upper torso is a practical suit, as seen by the difference highlighted in the next two pictures compared with the third which took place before the Middle East fight.

aSNFsll.jpg
Iff16c2.jpg

Now compare with the earlier shot and see how different the visibility is of the endotech on the CGI suit (below) and the hero suit (above).

5O01j8U.jpg

So lots of stuff. Most of it is a CGI/hero suit difference for reasons of practicality.

So, there are a ton of differences throughout the movie. Most are between the CGI and hero suit, but some are even different among CGI suits and the CGI/Hero amalgam. I'll just show a few.

First, note the weirdness going on with the helmet. There is a ripple present on the helmet that doesn't appear anywhere else in the film. Also note the upper middle trapezius area. It's mostly flat with clean, sharp lines.

View attachment 432302

Now compare to this grab a few seconds later. Here we see no more ripple on the helmet, and the upper trapezius panel, while it looks very similar, seems to be larger on the top side than it was in the previous grab. The difference seems slight, but we'll compare it to a frame later on that is more severe.

View attachment 432303

This grab is just before the Iron Monger fight. Here, most of the upper torso/helmet is practical, and we can see the big difference in the upper trapezius panel. Instead of the clean, sharp lines we had before, this clearly is more more rounded, like it was vacuum-formed plastic.

View attachment 432304

Moments later, we see an entirely different trapezius panel, shorter than all the others. I'm pretty sure this is also practical, given the sloppy splitting of the trap/shoulder panels. Also note that you can see RDJ's jaw underneath the helmet. Some pieces are clearly missing here.

View attachment 432305

Some seconds before this we see Tony suiting up to fight Iron Monger and the upper torso is a practical suit, as seen by the difference highlighted in the next two pictures compared with the third which took place before the Middle East fight.

View attachment 432306
View attachment 432307

Now compare with the earlier shot and see how different the visibility is of the endotech on the CGI suit (below) and the hero suit (above).

View attachment 432308

So lots of stuff. Most of it is a CGI/hero suit difference for reasons of practicality.

You are absolutely right, I think some of them can definitely be attributed to comping errors.
I was just comparing differences in the CG suit....but it IS interesting how many there are with the practical. In dailies we would call these "FTG"s.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back