Iron Man mkIII 3D Printed

I printed the hand on a Replicator 2 at 0.1mm resolution.

View attachment 423454View attachment 423455View attachment 423456View attachment 423457View attachment 423458

It's too small, I'll print a bigger one. The two pieces don't fit together, though.

Weird, It printed fine for me. Here are the dimensions it should be...
Palm-dimensions.jpg
If yours did not print that size it may be a mm/inch thing. May need to convert your units in netfabb...

Weird, It printed fine for me. Here are the dimensions it should be...
View attachment 423469
If yours did not print that size it may be a mm/inch thing. May need to convert your units in netfabb...

Yeah, it printed smaller than that. Although I think those dimensions would be WAY too big for my hands. I think about 83% of that would be right, which is the size I will try next.

I find that working on one side is exciting, ya know a leg or an arm... but then you gotta do it all over again, and frankly it doesn't have the same excitement the second time around. Still fun though!

Anyhow...another small update.

Been looking into the fasteners used for the "neck/chest" detail area.
This is it so far...
chestHardware.jpg
hardware-close.jpg

I am having trouble getting the two hand pieces to fit together. It appears in the 3d model, that the two parts intersect in multiple places.

Beautiful! Love the different sized screws on the collar bone, really shows attention to detail!
Good eye.!!!

Ok, I got an idea. I'm gonna do a tiny giveaway. I have a pair of chest buttons for anyone who can can answer this question...
there are at least two minor changes in the mk3 armor throughout the movie. Namely differences between the Gomera scene and the final battle with the monger. Hint: both are clearly shown and are on the torso.... There may be others, Ibut I am looking for these two...Go!

the fine print.... For the winner to receive his or her free chest buttons you must supply a self-addressed stamped envelope and I will send them off to you!!! They should both fit in a regular envelope.

Good eye.!!!

Ok, I got an idea. I'm gonna do a tiny giveaway. I have a pair of chest buttons for anyone who can can answer this question...
there are at least two minor changes in the mk3 armor throughout the movie. Namely differences between the Gomera scene and the final battle with the monger. Hint: both are clearly shown and are on the torso.... There may be others, Ibut I am looking for these two...Go!

the fine print.... For the winner to receive his or her free chest buttons you must supply a self-addressed stamped envelope and I will send them off to you!!! They should both fit in a regular envelope.

I've been researching this. :)

I think I know one of them, but it's really hard to tell from my low-quality reference pics I just got from youtube. If you know where to get better ones, it would nice.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back