Iron Man mkIII 3D Printed

View attachment 413596
I use brush-on purple Krazy Glue.
I think any type will work well on PLA though. This brand seems to be a bit thicker than std SG while not being to much like the gel.

BTW, small updates:
Chest is all together and aligned properly.
Helmet has it's new chin.
View attachment 413597View attachment 413598
Sorry for the blurry pix, I will have better lights installed this week... gonna start diving into new territory here as soon as I tie up a few loose ends on other sections...oh yea and I have my oomoo now so I can get to making my unibeam mold.

Dude, STELLAR JOB on the helmet and chest!!! HOLY CRAP! :eek

Thanks!

Speaking of 3D printing WarMachine, finished the print ready model of THIS last week...
View attachment 413607View attachment 413608View attachment 413609

OOOOH LA LA!!!

I have a neck yo!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    949.8 KB · Views: 469
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    967.7 KB · Views: 395
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    977.6 KB · Views: 544
Update:
hip-1.jpghip2.jpg
Iron underwear are about done. A few more plates to add and its done. (minus final paint and weathering of course)
-------------------------------

chestButtonMold.jpg
also, beginning to make the molds for the small symmetrical parts, fasteners and such that I need multiples of and clear parts (eye lenses, unibeam, palm repulsors, etc.)
----------------------------------

Thought this might be interesting for some of you. Here are the color coded part breakdowns for a few of the models. It's unbelievable how many parts make up this build.

helmetFinal-02.jpgLeftLegGuide.jpgPelvis.jpgChest.jpg
Neck.jpgChestDetail.jpgboot.jpg
HipPod.jpglowerArm.jpg

Looks amazing! The pieces are coming out really well! It's incredible, the puzzle like quality of the breakdowns. It really is a think of beauty!

Easy or not, nobody would buy that piece of flat junk K!

On the orger hand everyone would be interested in your less than easy parts! ;-) Very good work there, I definitely can relate since I just finished printing my own cod!

Easy or not, nobody would buy that piece of flat junk K!

On the orger hand everyone would be interested in your less than easy parts! ;-) Very good work there, I definitely can relate since I just finished printing my own cod!

Did you print individual panels, large sections, or the whole shebang at once? ... just curious.

I printed the hand on a Replicator 2 at 0.1mm resolution.

Photo on 1-8-15 at 9.16 AM.jpgPhoto on 1-8-15 at 9.17 AM.jpgPhoto on 1-8-15 at 9.18 AM.jpgPhoto on 1-8-15 at 9.18 AM #2.jpgPhoto on 1-8-15 at 9.19 AM.jpg

It's too small, I'll print a bigger one. The two pieces don't fit together, though.

I am trying to determine the depth of the unibeam in the chest armor. I have seen may that make it very close to the lens, but after looking at a bunch of reference, it seems like it is actually pretty deep.
IM-unibeamRef2.jpgbeam.jpg
If you look at the understructure is sits below that a bit...

IM-NeckDetails3.jpg
To me it looks like a good deal of depth (maybe 3cm or so??)

Any help or comments are appreciated.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back