NeoRutty's Prop Projects - ANH Stunt Stormtrooper Bucket - Pointers requested?

Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Obi All Authentic Parts COMPLETE Pic Dump.

Sam ... you need to check the threads you posted your inquiry ... some dimensions have been given already : https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=275482&page=32 by parfaitelumiere and teecrooz ;)

Chaïm

Thanks for the link, however they haven't specified the dimensions fully on the posts. I have asked for blueprints they made but yet to here :(.
I have made a CAD file and some brief drawings for emitter only, perhaps someone could check my dimensions and correct me where i'm wrong?
Emitter Dimensions (2).pngEmitter Dimensions (1).png

Well I measured my Roman's Empire BP ... which is based on a real female BP and on your second picture 39mm should be 40mm and the next 37mm should be 38mm. In your first picture 12.5mm should be 13.5mm ... as for the rest I don't have a digital caliper to measure those parts exactly but they seem pretty close. Hope that helps a bit Sam :)

Chaïm

Well I measured my Roman's Empire BP ... which is based on a real female BP and on your second picture 39mm should be 40mm and the next 37mm should be 38mm. In your first picture 12.5mm should be 13.5mm ... as for the rest I don't have a digital caliper to measure those parts exactly but they seem pretty close. Hope that helps a bit Sam :)

Chaïm

That's great, I will update accordingly. We're there any other measurements you could confirm were correct?

That's great, I will update accordingly. We're there any other measurements you could confirm were correct?

Yes the rest in your second picture of the front were all accurate. As member teecrooz said previously there are tiny variations in the BP's he has, so most of your other measurements are good to go make a 3D model :)

Might I suggest creating your own thread when you start building your own OB1 ANH lightsaber ... it will certainly generate more members to chime in :)

Chaïm

Might I suggest creating your own thread when you start building your own OB1 ANH lightsaber ... it will certainly generate more members to chime in :)

Chaïm

Thank you for your invaluable help! I might create my own thread, but I'll make sure I have all the dimensions prior to doing so.

Could you point me in the direction for getting some measurements for the brass part of the grenade? I'm trying to create 3d model but without knowing the blade thickness, threaded hole size and angle of blades it's proving a struggle?

These next 2 pictures should give you an idea of the complexity of the grenade and the brass section :

(Russrep's grenade provided by parfaitelumiere)

( https://hswatts.deviantart.com/gallery/35893457/Cut-away-Lightsabers )

The blade thickness has nothing to do with the width of the brass neck section of the grenade ... the blade of light is much wider than the neck. Here's a picture courtesy Howard to elaborate :

Alas I can not provide all the diameters at this time ... also I do have to express this is NeoRutty's Prop Projects thread, so I strongly suggest to start your own Work in Progress thread and I can almost guarantee other members/friends of mine will chime in to aid you with the accurate measurements you seek :)

Chaïm

Last edited:

Thank you for your invaluable help! I might create my own thread, but I'll make sure I have all the dimensions prior to doing so.

Could you point me in the direction for getting some measurements for the brass part of the grenade? I'm trying to create 3d model but without knowing the blade thickness, threaded hole size and angle of blades it's proving a struggle?

This has nothing to do with NeoRutty’s props. Should probably start a new thread.

Hiatus is pretty much done!

As has been expressed by my stunned and shocked mind in other threads, I got to join the divorced men's club on the RPF and had to put getting life in order over painting the rails on a Luke ROTJ hero...

But this weekend will be the first I get into my boxes of props and see what I had on the go... Good a time as any since my dad's been asking for a Luke/Rey saber for his shelf to show his friends (I guess he really digs the hobby I'm into)

I'm currently in the boxes of my $$$ BIG INVESTMENT 90'S COMICS $$$ collection, and should have those done by the weekend. Once those boxes are cleared, I get knee deep in flashes.

Kind of a bummer that I have to put aside building a Gonk, Han in Carbonite, and the Deagostini Falcon due to space, but little props shouldn't be a problem.

I mean this apartment is TINY... I was in 2700 square feet, now down to 500. I had a garage! I was buying air brush equipment... a bench... drill press... was looking into lathes... 3D printers....

But now I'm back in the city... and I spent the last year making this tiny place a home - and figuring out how to display props in 500 square feet without it being overwhelming. I mean... you CAN have too many toys...

(go to about 1:30)

I think somewhere in this thread are pics of my old basement prop/movie bar... I don't wanna look, heh.:cry

But here's the new places layout and display possibilities! First set of pics is from the balcony in...

Balcony view main wall.jpgBalcony view mid wall.jpg

The second set is from the doorway in...

front door view  main wall.jpgfront door view bar wall.jpg

Bedroom...

Bedroom.jpg

So as you can see, not a lot of room or shelf space.. .and most used up already.

The closet is FILLED with projects... resin kits... flashes... blasters.

It's already looking cluttered.

I need my company to be big enough to warrant an office space... THEN I can start going nuts again.

As a side, non prop related build... I HATED my balcony... it was badly painted, covered in old bird crap, and they wouldn't do anything about it...

So I built a deck!

IMG_8493.jpgIMG_8494.jpg

Maybe need a weather-proof Dejarik table?

- - - Updated - - -

Roy took us to school :rolleyes

Oh crap! I think I remember now.... I believe I even voted.

Man, the last year is a BLUR.

Last edited by a moderator:

EL,

Looking good! I have a package ready to send you to fill up your place even more! I’ll talk to you offline.

Glad to see you in better spirit's. I have been on my own hiatus for the last few months. Just passed one of my 2 tests for my contractors license. One more to go, so until then, I'm being a good little student, and studying till it hurts. Your post went to my email so I wanted to post a quick hello.

I'll be back in a month or two.

Nice layout! Damn your lucky the trees are still green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Place looks great El! Have to swing by to check it out in person one of these days! Man I miss living in the West End some days....

Nice layout! Damn your lucky the trees are still green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't be for much longer... we have officially entered the WET season.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back