NeoRutty's Prop Projects - ANH Stunt Stormtrooper Bucket - Pointers requested?

Re: Finishing my Prop Projects - ANM2 Part arrival *drool*

I was just thinking about the + pipe fitting piece. Would it be possible to put a hole in a slave unit for the red button? Then all the slave units would be the same size coming out of the + pipe. Plus you'd have the genuine Graflex top to use elsewhere. Just a thought.

I can't remember, does your bottom tube have stamping? The 5 cell I picked up is blank on the bottom.

Not a bad idea... but cutting a hole into another slave wouldn't look QUITE right... I'll have to think on it.

If I DO use piping, I should be able to take it on and off without doing anything... though a slave would be easier to trash for electronics.

Of course for the price of a slave, I can probably get a beat up replica... IF I was going to bore holes into it.

The tubing does NOT have stamping, btw.

Re: Finishing my Prop Projects - ANM2 / Broadsword Parts arrival

Now that we have a better look at the broadsword hilt...

17172703425_466d20680f.jpg

The intent was always a Graflex version of that hilt... Now I'm thinking it needs to have a bit more going on than just some long t-tracks...

I'm liking the idea some exposed wiring and such.

There will definitely be rivets going up the tracks...

Finishing my Prop Projects - ANM2 / Broadsword Parts arrival

Hey El,
I've been working today on my take on the Luke Graflex broadsword.
A while ago I bought a stainless steel 4-way pipe fitting piece with the correct diameter for the Graflexes, but the ends on all 4 sides were too long. I tried cutting them shorter, but didn't manage with my tools. It's still lying there unused.
But as you know, I now am the proud owner of an Ultimaker2 3D printer and today I built a nice connector and finished the broadsword! I attached 6 8inch T-tracks to the bottom and attached a D-ring. I'm pretty happy with the result:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433446145.563419.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433446161.309408.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433446174.060589.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433446188.780698.jpg

Thanks to mugatu and @killrmonkey for their contribution!!

Let me know what you think! I can certainly print another connector for you!

By the way: the extensions are still loose and I can rotate them to any direction still. I think I'll attach them with double sided tape as not to damage them.

Roy

Last edited by a moderator:

roygilsing That is awesome, man! I can imagine Han chopping a tauntaun right in half with that thing. Badass!

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks great.
Awesome.
So not sure about the D-ring and that monster of a lightsaber hanging on a belt.[emoji32]

[emoji57] hmm.. You might be right, but I am 2 meters tall! That's 6 feet 6.5"! [emoji1]

Hey El,
A while ago I bought a stainless steel 4-way pipe fitting piece with the correct diameter for the Graflexes, but the ends on all 4 sides were too long. I tried cutting them shorter, but didn't manage with my tools. It's still lying there unused.
But as you know, I now am the proud owner of an Ultimaker2 3D printer and today I built a nice connector and finished the broadsword! I attached 6 8inch T-tracks to the bottom and attached a D-ring. I'm pretty happy with the result:

View attachment 485617
View attachment 485618
View attachment 485619
View attachment 485620

Thanks to @mugatu and @killrmonkey for their contribution!!

By the way: the extensions are still loose and I can rotate them to any direction still. I think I'll attach them with double sided tape as not to damage them.

Roy

Looks like I hoped! Awesome! Yup, I'll take a connector as well as T-track... I'll contact you and set it up.

-EL

Hey El,

View attachment 485617
View attachment 485618
View attachment 485619
View attachment 485620

Thanks to @mugatu and @killrmonkey for their contribution!!

Roy

That's freaking awesome Roy! The black connector I actually like more than the chrome idea now, I hadn't thought of that!

Sooo, I saw this monstrosity of a saber up close this wednesday and eventhough I was in awe for a mere couple of seconds over this 'biederhänder' lightsaber ... I had to shake my head, when I went for a quick leak :wacko

Chaim

Last edited:

Sooo, I saw this monstrosity of a saber up close this wednesday and eventhough I was in awe for a mere couple of seconds over this 'biederhänder' lightsaber ... I had to shake my head, when I went for a quick leak :wacko

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/MPP-Heiland-01_zpssp9kcumy.jpg

Chaim

I ordered the parts from Roy, so next up is to go to Seattle once I have them, and do some drilling... I figure since Roy beat me to it, I may as well go for an ESB version and use my extra card for the clamp, and rivet on the grips...

I'm thinking one rivet at the bottom and one at the top.... kobold style d-ring on the end, or at the back attached to the extender.

My buddy in Seattle was also trying to make my plans for the extender work in metal of some sort... so he's still going to try, and should it fail, I'll have Roy's as my backup.

I'm now in my new place, so next up is find the boxes with my parts and get back to it.

And as an aside, this is the basement I have to work with as my Movie/prop themed man-cave... I'm stoked.

18126589243_9019bedc5e_z.jpg

NeoRutty, that new rec area/basement is grand world of opportunity! I'm very excited for you for the possibilities.
Do you have any concepts rolling around for it yet (that you'd care to share)?

Well while I love it when people make their basements into star destroyer hangars, or the bat cave, I'm not really that into having a set-up like that in my own place.

Right now, all that is there is carpet... which will eventually be replaces with hardwood. Then I'm commissioning a guy to build the bar in the corner... wood and metal rustic.

I just ordered the couches, and I already had a TV - though if I ever recover from this move, I've gotta upgrade...

But the room will be mostly filled with movie themed original art and prints I've bought over the years from various artists, a lot of the local to Vancouver.

Then shelving for props... models... vintage toys from my youth...

Of course I start Han in Carbonite this summer...

It will be my version of movie-nerd heaven.

As I get prints out of storage and framed, and build up the displays, I'll be updating and looking for thoughts advice from around here...

Wow, lots of space there! Wish I had a basement but they only do them in mansions over here LOL!

Wow, lots of space there! Wish I had a basement but they only do them in mansions over here LOL!

I moved from a 700 square foot condo in Vancouver City out to the suburbs JUST so I can have this kind of space. Next to what you can buy in Vancouver for the same price, these places ARE mansions, heh.

No more peeing in a Coke can cuz my wife or daughter are using the one washroom... My man cave has it's own washroom....

And all I had to do was give up living downtown and learn to deal with a commute to work (The studio I work at is downtown)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back