Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617
Subscribe
    From
    Brussels
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 13, 2017, 12:55 PM - Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Roman's Graflex TFA Wannawanga parts! #401

nice jigs! I was searching for infos on how to easily assemble the grips, this seems like a good solution
  2. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 15, 2017, 11:41 AM - NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Roman's Graflex TFA Wannawanga parts! #402

That looks fantastic! Real smart drill press bracket with accurate results!
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    2 Weeks Ago  Oct 3, 2017, 2:54 AM - Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Roman's Graflex TFA Wannawanga parts! #403

So since moving I've had little room for my props, so a lot of the incomplete projects have got go in storage.

Then one at a time I will take them out and complete it. No more of this 8 things on the go, never getting done crap.

THAT SAID... one of the projects I had was to build my brother a TFA Rey Saber out of Roman's Graflex and Roy's Wanawanga parts. I think I got a D-ring off a junkyard run (I believe a run that's happening again)

I took a long time to get it together, so I figured I'd put together a display of sorts. I went to Hobby Lobby in the US and got a couple of boxes - I think they were under 10 bucks each...

Stained it. Weathered it a bit. Painted the brass, black (Cuz actual brass black didn't work)

And so that's the way he's recieving it.

How much was Propshop's Rey Saber?

Cuz I'd rather have this any day.

Next up I should finish weathering my Han ROTJ Blaster

*All this stuff is so basic... but I'd want to see it, so.....
    Last edited by NeoRutty; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:04 PM.
  4. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    2 Weeks Ago  Oct 3, 2017, 12:32 PM - Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Roman's Graflex TFA Wannawanga parts! #404

I love it El! Beautiful box.
    Maybe you should weather the brass pins a bit; just stick the whole upper part in a jar with some ammonia for half an hour.
  5. RPF Premium Member D48thRonin's Avatar
    2 Weeks Ago  Oct 3, 2017, 1:07 PM - Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Roman's Graflex TFA Wannawanga parts! #405

NeoRutty said: View Post
    Painted the brass, black (Cuz actual brass black didn't work)
    Brass fittings like that generally have a clearcoat on them - you'd have to remove that first before any chemical solutions would work.
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    2 Weeks Ago  Oct 3, 2017, 1:22 PM - Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Roman's Graflex TFA Wannawanga parts! #406

D48thRonin said: View Post
    Brass fittings like that generally have a clearcoat on them - you'd have to remove that first before any chemical solutions would work.
    Yeah I attempted to sand it brush then sand it off... never came out nice... just looked patchy (and not in a nice weathered way....)

I then sprayed them with flat black to hide it and looked great.

As for the box it's just a cheap box from Hobby Lobby, stained then weathered with black acrylic, then coated. Looks way better than I thought it would - though when you pick it up you realize how cheap it is. But then it's just for a display...

- - - Updated - - -

roygilsing said: View Post
    I love it El! Beautiful box.
    Maybe you should weather the brass pins a bit; just stick the whole upper part in a jar with some ammonia for half an hour.
    Well with the saber I gave my brother the option and he wanted it pristine (Of course)...

but yeah, your clamp cover fit GREAT. holy crap I didn't think it would be that precise.
    From
    Michigan
    2 Weeks Ago  Oct 3, 2017, 5:41 PM - Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Roman's Graflex TFA Wannawanga parts! #407

It's beautiful...
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Weeks Ago  Oct 4, 2017, 7:40 AM - Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Roman's Graflex TFA Wannawanga parts! #408

Looks great neo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 1:53 AM - Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Roman's Graflex TFA Wannawanga parts! #409

GIANT PICTURE DUMP! (and it will be a double post since this will go into the Obi Saber thread...)

I can finally say this is finished! (Well unless I find a booster with a weld and clear exactra... I'll take those, heh)

After my realtor threw out my exactra strip, I got a bit set back and then lazy about finishing after @mugatu hooked me up with a new one..

So tonight I finally finished off the exactra and re-did my transistors to ones that looked better and matched. And that's it! It's finished.

I also had did one of those cheap boxes for myself when I made one for my brother. Looks good to me.

So thanks to @teecrooz for helping me get started on all this - the grenade auction that started this all was one of the more thrilling moments in my life, ha.
    @Edraven99 for the trades!
    @mugatu for hooking up the exactra.
    @Sym-Cha @Romansempire @Scuttjua @Jameskenobi for answering my queries as tried to find out all I could about this prop.

10. RPF Premium Member kurtyboy's Avatar
    From
    UK
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 4:28 AM - Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Obi All Authentic Parts COMPLETE Pic Dump. #410

Top marks, what a beauty.
  11. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 10:18 AM - Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Obi All Authentic Parts COMPLETE Pic Dump. #411

Hey @NeoRutty ! Both of the lightsabers look GREAT! Super stoked to see another complete ALL REAL PARTS OBI-WAN KENOBI LIGHTSABER finished!!!

Does your acrylic stand fit down within the Hobby Lobby boxes?
    From
    South Carolina
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 12:09 PM - Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Obi All Authentic Parts COMPLETE Pic Dump. #412

Your Obi-Wan lightsaber is truly magnificent! Well, honestly, all your builds are gorgeous. However, since I'm neck deep in Obi-Wan real parts hunting, seeing one finished so beautifully is very inspirational.
  13. RPF Premium Member propmainiac's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 6:38 PM - Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Obi All Authentic Parts COMPLETE Pic Dump. #413

Great builds on the sabers and the boxes! You've inspired me to start( or restart) my hardware graflex now.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 7:28 PM - Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Obi All Authentic Parts COMPLETE Pic Dump. #414

out standing job neo, well deserved!
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 11:40 PM - Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Obi All Authentic Parts COMPLETE Pic Dump. #415

What an amazing, beautiful lightsaber. Seriously, great work.
  16. RPF Premium Member Panaflex's Avatar
    From
    Florida
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2017, 4:15 AM - Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects -Obi All Authentic Parts COMPLETE Pic Dump. #416

Very nice job!