NeoRutty's Prop Projects - ANH Stunt Stormtrooper Bucket - Pointers requested?

Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects - Call out! Anyone with machining skills to solve a pro

Get them to sign the inside!

Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects - Call out! Anyone with machining skills to solve a pro

Get them to sign the inside!

Nah... I bought this specifically for signing the crap out of it. just when I got it I didn't realize how cool it was.

So gotta get another after just to have a clean stormie bucket.

Nah... I bought this specifically for signing the crap out of it. just when I got it I didn't realize how cool it was.

So gotta get another after just to have a clean stormie bucket.

I think you can still get the eFX PCR Stormie helmets for a reasonable price.... not cheap enough for a party favor.... but if you're looking for a display piece....

I think you can still get the eFX PCR Stormie helmets for a reasonable price.... not cheap enough for a party favor.... but if you're looking for a display piece....

The one I ended up with is great, just gotta find time to put it together. IT's a B-grade from a run... so reasonable price, and not like I bought a 400 dollar helmet for people to write on.

It's either going to look awesome, or the worst thing.

For our wedding my wife and I got a blue french horn for people to sign (part of our relationship was related to How I Met Your Mother), and I still get a kick out of it...

16876193037_2505f077cd_z.jpg

Last edited:

That looks awesome think the stormtrooper helmet will be just cool.

My brother sent me this pic yesterday morning from across the country (Ontario)...

"Found this at the flea market down the street... you want?"

20 bucks!

not bad... I still dream of the day I find a box with a graflex or MPP... but this is fine for 20 bucks.

28393404945_e89983bb75_c.jpg

I THINK that's a praco variation... so may use that end cap on a bolsey... we'll see when I get it.

Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects - Pretty decent Flea Market Find!

Looks like a praco service flash, i know kalart and some other companies made them too. Nice find man!

Credit goes to my brother! I'm beyond stoked that he even saw it and thought "hey, I bet EL would want this...."

Most would just see camera junk.

So I started getting ready for my innevitable move, and tried organizing the boxes of parts I have scattered around my place. Some boxes I haven't opened since I packed to move into my current place a year ago, and others I just filled and put in the closet unlabeled.

So it's fun going through these boxes and remembering spare parts you had from buys and trades that you just tossed into a shoe box thinking "eh... I could try using this on a custom build or something"...

Anyway, getting to the point....

After I got through the 5th shoebox of parts I realized I actually had all the parts, minus a clamp, for this:

30058838936_fa52d10493_c.jpg

30058839326_3f419b0c78_c.jpg

Hilarious. I swear if someone asked if I had any spare Obi parts I'd have said "Well I know I have a grenade I blue'd... but I think that's it.

So what to do with this?

I think I'm going to order a clamp, wire up Spirit of Obiwan's crystal chamber, and weather the crap out of this.

Eventually I'd like to talk scottjua into accepting a commission for a full efx and chamber version, but for now this will do. I can't be buying more sabers until I've finished building the current collection.

I mean if I have all the parts for an obi around without knowing it, then I clearly have too many projects on the go already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects - When you have too many projects on the go...

Heh... I know what you mean....

Besides needing to finish off my M.P.P. ESB saber (still need to swap out the current Exactra bubbles with the frosted ones I swapped for) I still have to finish off:

• my Graflex ESB build
  • my Rylo reveal build
  • my Anakin Starkiller V2 build
  • my custom Canon flash build
  • my custom Busch flash build
Plus I have a Nicksdad hero on the way and a Vader ROTJ Stunt kit on the way PLUS an extra Graflex that I haven't quite figured out what I want to do with...

And I still need to swap out the handwheel that you helped have me get drilled on my real part Obi...

The list just always seems to keep growing, and not shrinking lol...

Heh... I know what you mean....

Besides needing to finish off my M.P.P. ESB saber (still need to swap out the current Exactra bubbles with the frosted ones I swapped for) I still have to finish off:

• my Graflex ESB build
  • my Rylo reveal build
  • my Anakin Starkiller V2 build
  • my custom Canon flash build
  • my custom Busch flash build
Plus I have a Nicksdad hero on the way and a Vader ROTJ Stunt kit on the way PLUS an extra Graflex that I haven't quite figured out what I want to do with...

And I still need to swap out the handwheel that you helped have me get drilled on my real part Obi...

The list just always seems to keep growing, and not shrinking lol...

Where did you pick up the ROTJ Vader stunt kit?

As for what I have on my CURRENT finish list...

- Graflex TFA build
- Vader ROTJ Stunt Repaint
- Anakin Starkiller V2 build
- Obi Crystal reveal (as I discovered I have)
- Canon model X build (no idea what to use as a bottom tube)
- Luke Crossguard saber (yeah yeah... it's weird. I like it)
- Finish Authentic Obi build (still need a D-ring... decide if I'm rebluing the grenade)
- Heiland Vader ESB
- Heland Vader ANH

Then there's non saber projects...

- Deagostini falcon
- Stormtrooper bucket build and paint
- Finish weathering Han ROTJ blaster
- Leia rubies blaster build

Goes on and on.

Anyone got any extra Obi D-rings out there??

Where did you pick up the ROTJ Vader stunt kit?

Who else? teecrooz

- Finish Authentic Obi build (still need a D-ring... decide if I'm rebluing the grenade)

Um no... that would kind of defeat the purpose of the swap, no?

And yeah... I'm still *really* tempted to get that De Agostini Falcon...

Last edited by a moderator:

Who else? @teecrooz

Um no... that would kind of defeat the purpose of the swap, no?

And yeah... I'm still *really* tempted to get that De Agostini Falcon...

Not a full rebluing just the top ring... , maybe trying to take red off the top lip and then match the weathering.

I can only assume from the last time I took paint off a grenade it went right to the steal, didn't leave any petina. That's the torture.

I'm torn between my liking of the red, and my liking of all you other guys' grenades that just have that dark look.

Nice on the Vader Stunt kit. STILL looking for a shroud and bottom piece where the glass eye originally sat. I can make my own emitter section... but the shroud is a pain, and no one is machining them anymore.

I am going to add to both your problems by sending out the Vader parts to David and the Graflex slave for you!

I am going to add to both your problems by sending out the Vader parts to David and the Graflex slave for you!

YES! I was just talking to him about that one...

Thanks much!

It's on my home list, but not the one above... That one I may be looking forward to the most... I just have to match the quality of @ReelFakes version.

So much to do, so little time.

I haven't sold my house yet... but came close and would have had to be out in 3 weeks. Kinda lit a fire under my ass.

Nothing like trying to spray paint on an apartment balcony.

Took a few things off the list of to-do's...

My Han ROTJ blaster has never quite been finished, so I finally got around to weathering the flash hider.

I dumped in in aluminum black and let it sit overnight...

30139409646_dea610f5e4_c.jpg

.... then brushed a bunch off with an SOS pad. I guess I could have looked up reference to see if it should look a specific way, but instead just went with what I Thought looked good... even if not accurate. Maybe I'll revisit if bored some day, but I like it as is, and want to finish this thing, finally...

29545404583_c71c728fe3_c.jpg

I want to weather the body down more, and darken the handles... maybe this weekend.

Even on my props that appear done, there are always little pieces that need doing.

I also managed to get started on the V2. I tried the oven cleaner trick to take down the shine a bit... two passes with Easy Off.

29545404913_273c01ecfa_c.jpg

It took the shine down for sure... it's a kind of murky grey now. Do I like it better that way? Would it have looked better shiny? I dunno.

30174596865_bf4604b22a_c.jpg

I can't remember who gave me the idea of using aluminum black on the booster section, but I went with that and it looks pretty cool. Not sure how accurate... but then we're going off crappy photos, so I'm sure it's fine! I couldn't bring myself to smack it with a hammer, so it will have to stay smooth.

29545145584_470d06cc4f_c.jpg

2.5 hours later the stencils were on and hope to paint tomorrow.

29545145464_d0aceb21bd_c.jpg

Times running out! A lot to do before I lose my work space.

Re: NeoRutty's Prop Projects - Oh the weathering outside is weathering...

Man, reading through this, seeing how many times you discover parts you already had makes me so jealous. That ROTJ blaster looks good, I was bummed that I couldn't get in the last run, but excited that I'm on the current one.

I think you're on the right path taking the shine off the V2 since the paint is going to look all chipped up. It only makes sense that the metal would be dull.

neo it looks great! i like the aluminum black! the stencils were fun, no?! lol keep up the great work bud!

I did AB on mine. While it's not accurate it really gives the piece a seriously weathered and handled look. I think it looks a little better than the real thing

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    517.4 KB · Views: 93
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back