Subscribe
    Oct 2, 2014, 11:34 AM - Another Custom Judge Badge #1

Hi all,

I thought I'd show off my simple, rough 'n' ready judge badge! I'd always wanted a personalised badge, ever since I started hiding 2000AD from my Mum a couple of decades ago...! I always assumed it would be impossible to fit "Kirkpatrick" on a badge, but I'm very happy to have proved myself wrong.

Very simple stuff, everything cut out of 2mm thickness plastic board (Tamiya "Pla Plate") with a craft knife, an acrylic cutter and a pair of nippers. I used an online badge generator to get the base image, then photoshopped it a little to get the slant angle right.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0466.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	384088

Next, I hoped to cast lots of copies in resin for various family members... experienced casters may already have guessed how that turned out!

Name:	DSC_0467.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	384089

Obviously that was the only copy I'd get made, so I scraped out all the torn-up rubber and painted the original and copy up. I keep the original, and the copy goes to the uncle who handed down my first Dredd book to me (Chronicles of Judge Dredd 10. The Graveyard Shift is still my all-time favourite).

Name:	DSC_0468.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	384090

The photo above is before a slightly more intensive painting of all the nooks and crannies, but I figured you could get the gist from that. Fun build all round, and I'm very pleased with the result!

XRay out!
    Oct 2, 2014, 1:59 PM - Re: Another Custom Judge Badge #2

Clean work, great idea. I like the handmade stuff! As a Trekker the family name KIRKPATRICK rings some Star Trek bells in my head...
    I got a custom Badge for my name 3D printed, and I have to say that your Badge is very sharp in the details !