Rogue trooper Helmet Build 2014

Manukaman

Just wanted to share with you all a Rogue Trooper Helmet Im sculpting and hoping to cast soon.

Attachments

• day0.jpg
    day0.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 229
  • day1.jpg
    day1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 218
  • day2.jpg
    day2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 385
  • day2b.jpg
    day2b.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 193
  • day3rear.JPG
    day3rear.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 265
Ive done the initial clay sculpt over a modified swiss army paratrooper helmet. Im about to add in final pieces that have been 3d printed by Charlie Towers. The chips were made by him several years ago. Really nice...bumps.jpgcharlie1.JPGcharlie2.JPGchip1jpg.jpgchip2.JPGchip3.JPGchip4.JPG

Rogue trooper was one of my favorite heroes in playstation 2 games.I am glad to see a built about him.The helmet you are making looks really cool.Are you planning on making the hole suit???

I'm going to make Gunnar and bagman yep.
not sure about painting myself blue though.....hoping to do a run of these helms.

You just knew I had to chime in....;)...don't know if you children were alive when I was first featured in 2000 AD....Remember Zerg?...Remember Strontium Dogs??...ABC Warriors??.........and everyone's favourite, JUDGE DREDD.

Many grew up on the retarded diet of DC and Marvel and the fancy pants pretty boys and stolen Norse Gods....but for the Real Hero's of the Universe.....you can't go past 2000 AD!!!!!!!!:D

I've built many props and I love Rogue Trooper, but I've always disliked the helmet...it looks like a oversized gutted armadillo.........:facepalm.........Still, I like you commitment to your project and will subscribe.....just don't fcuk it up

If you want a signed autograph...send $50 to roguetrooper@screwstanlee.com

helm1.jpghelm2.jpg

last addition is the 3d printed badge. I like the texture of the print so will not smooth it down with acetone. I feel an army helmet would have texture to it. now to mold it without messing it up.

IMG_6232.jpgIMG_6234.jpgIMG_6237.jpgrelease spray added to monster clay, then molded in Rebound 25 and hard shell cast in Pasti paste 2.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_6254.jpgIMG_6255.jpgIMG_6257.jpgsmooth cast 300 layers done in batches of 7 oz

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_6259.jpgIMG_6260.JPGIMG_6261.JPGIMG_6262.JPGIMG_6264.JPG
First cast came out really well. only very few mould imperfections and snags that are very quick to remove and sand. Im amazed at how well the smooth on products capture the high level of detail. and the mold needs hardly any cleaning. Top gear = top product. Im stoked with this.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back