"Evil Dead 2" era Ash costume

PunisherNC

Sr Member
I've been told for years I should create an Ash costume..so I'm finally biting the bullet and making a go for it. Not much to show off yet. I purchased a navy blue Dickie's work shirt. I know the shirt is more of the Gulf Blue color..but by the end of "Evil Dead 2" it looks much more navy in color. I sprayed black and red RIT dye over several areas of the suit..took a large serrated steak knife to fray/weather the suit. TigerstoneFX will be providing the chainsaw. I purchased several brown leather belts from the local Goodwill store, plan to match the shotgun bag, etc..

Night of I'll dirty/bloody myself up to look more the part.

IMG_3444.JPGIMG_3439.JPG

And tips, suggestions, advice, let me know.. any great choices for a Boomstick?

From Evil Dead Army of Darkness wiki:

• All right, you primitive screw-heads, listen up! See this? This... is my boomstick! - [continuing nonchalantly] - It's a twelve-gauge, double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt-blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right... shop smart: shop S-Mart... You got that?

That's about all you need to know. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chest rig is done..the back isnt totally screen accurate (on the back), need to buy maybe 2 more belts to get it corrected. Personally, I'm liking it so far.

Going to create the shotgun holster next

The boomstick is in. Only $23 shipped from Cabela's. It'll need some cosmetic touch-ups but it's a great base. It ejects the shotgun shells, and makes cool shotgun blast sounds with both triggers
]
3B0D232A-9904-44C6-8D98-5CF2D2554578_zpsqirdg5yf.jpg
54C5A4E5-00FA-4A56-8B28-E0D9AF802409_zpsxhfwfkza.jpg

Not a ton to add, except that I finished up the shotgun bag for the back

Having trouble landing a chainsaw for this build. Anyone have one they'd be willing to let go. Needing this really quick

That is awesome. Dead on.

* I bought that shotgun too from my local "dollar general" for dirt cheap. I never really planned myself to make a costume myself (I fear my relatively small chinned face and 230lb frame would look silly!), but it was so cheap I thought maybe I'd make my kid a costume some day.

The boomstick is in. Only $23 shipped from Cabela's. It'll need some cosmetic touch-ups but it's a great base. It ejects the shotgun shells, and makes cool shotgun blast sounds with both triggers
][url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/PunisherNC/3B0D232A-9904-44C6-8D98-5CF2D2554578_zpsqirdg5yf.jpg[/URL][url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/PunisherNC/54C5A4E5-00FA-4A56-8B28-E0D9AF802409_zpsxhfwfkza.jpg[/URL]
I can't seem to find the shotgun at cabelas. Do u have a link?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back