2015 Wonderfest - sneak peek at 16yr old's start for next year

OK, one more :) Came across these shots on the camera card. At WF, he was awarded 1 bronze, 3 silvers, 2 golds and the Iwata Best Teen Award.

Slightly off topic. This is one of his gold awarded models. I'd been playing around with some photo tips Matt Mrozek gave me on photographing miniatures. Still have a learning curve to go on learning to photo miniatures, but the photos are handy :)

When I can make room to setup for another set of shots, I'll post some picks of his Daemons of Khorne Bloodthirster that received the gold and the Iwata Best Teen awards at this year's 2017 Wonderfest.

He really loves handpainting and freehanding. No decals on this one!

DSC_0116.JPG
DSC_0119.JPG

She wasn't quite ready to enter at Wonderfest, so he showed her as a "display only". We rolled into Louisville around 4:30am and he spent till 11am getting her together. He wants to finish all the detailing on her before he enters her for award consideration.

the only downside to Wonderfest is that due to display size limitations she has to be displayed in a "C" configuration. A lot of folks thinks the display is 2 or 3 ships fighting, once they get up close and look, they realize it's just one ship.

He got tons of positive feedback from a lot of folks. Thanks to everyone who took he time to talk to him!

Next stop Eaglequest...no display size limitaions, so next year we'll use a pic or two from this years Eagleqest on the Wonderfest display.

Eaglequest results: the Knight was selected to be included in an upcoming issue ofFinescale Modeler covering Eaglequest.

OK, one more :) Came across these shots on the camera card. At WF, he was awarded 1 bronze, 3 silvers, 2 golds and the Iwata Best Teen Award.

Slightly off topic. This is one of his gold awarded models. I'd been playing around with some photo tips Matt Mrozek gave me on photographing miniatures. Still have a learning curve to go on learning to photo miniatures, but the photos are handy :)

When I can make room to setup for another set of shots, I'll post some picks of his Daemons of Khorne Bloodthirster that received the gold and the Iwata Best Teen awards at this year's 2017 Wonderfest.

He really loves handpainting and freehanding. No decals on this one!

View attachment 735108
View attachment 735109

- - - Updated - - -

Wonderfest results: he entered Khorne and was awarded a gold and Best Teen. Will post a pic when I find one.

- - - Updated - - -

Kygo wasn't quite ready to enter at Wonderfest, so he showed her as a "display only". We rolled into Louisville around 4:30am and he spent till 11am getting her together. He wants to finish all the detailing on her before he enters her for award consideration.

the only downside to Wonderfest is that due to display size limitations she has to be displayed in a "C" configuration. A lot of folks thinks the display is 2 or 3 ships fighting, once they get up close and look, they realize it's just one ship.

He got tons of positive feedback from a lot of folks. Thanks to everyone who took he time to talk to him!

Next stop Eaglequest...no display size limitaions. So next year we'll use a pic or two from this years Eagleqest at Wonderfest.

Last edited:
what does it take to move the Kygo? The rear seat of a crew cab pickup along with the bed with a camper shell.
IMG_0300-R.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

A couple of pics of the Kygo from Eaglequest, which is a competition sponsored by Squadron in Grapevine, Tx. These were taken during the setup. Currently at kes about 4 hours to get her put together. Had to maake a new support rod first thing the next day to get the hulls to lineup...so the ball joints don't quite lineup yet in these photos.

IMG_0292.JPG
IMG_0293.JPG
IMG_0294-R.JPG
IMG_0295-R.JPG
IMG_0296.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    703.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Some parts for the rotary engines fresh off the printer (well, fresh a few weeks ago). The rotaries will be in a push/pull configuration in outboard pods mounted on the rear hull. Ala WW I Airships. Saw a discussion lighting and voltage in another thread so including the pic of his "test-bed" for lighting and motors. The arduino for the steppers is in the upper left and has two motor controller shields stacked on it. The lighting sketches for the guns in the middle hull are currently (pun) being rewritten to be "multi-threaded"...e.g. To not use the sleep() and use a set of milli timer arrays instead.

IMG_0298-R.JPG
IMG_0297-R.JPG
IMG_0299-R.JPG
IMG_0301-R.JPG
IMG_0308-R.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0297-R.JPG

IMG_0298-R.JPG

IMG_0299-R.JPG

IMG_0301-R.JPG

IMG_0308-R.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back