Doctor Who opinions

I like her on Broadchurch, I hope I like her on here. Of course the writing will be at least half of it.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to the revamp.....I wonder what the TARDIS interior will be like,....I hope they go back to the circles

I can bet that in a year or less there'll be moans that it was better when Moffett was in charge......though I won't be one of those, apart from this series & the 50th anniversary specials, I've gone off Doctor Who

J

I've said elsewhere, there's always a period of adjustment to ANY new Doctor, because you got used to one and haven't seen the new one yet. After being completely wrong about Capaldi (heck, I even doubted Tennant at first!), I'm going to wait until Doctor 13 has saved the day at least once before I judge.

My cycle has pretty much always been:

I LOVE THE DOCTOR HE CANT GO!!... who's this chump I've never heard of?... ugh this is terrible.... I'll give this one more episode... okay that was cool... OMG that was great... OMG I LOVE THIS DOCTOR... lather, rinse, repeat.

I only know the new Doctor from Attack The Block, which is one of my favorite movies, but I'm super amped.

All I can say is if you don't like this and won't even give a chance to disappoint you legitimately, you may have some unfortunate bias.

Last edited:
I've never liked the idea of Timelords changing gender. In my mind a regeneration regenerates the organs that are already there. His body isn't replaced just renewed. To me it's not about sexism or anything like that I just don't agree with it in the story.

I also feel like by making him a woman they are saying that a female can't be successful in a show like this unless it was first make successful by a man

I can't believe how many of my friends are loosing their **** over this, especially those saying the show is over. Every new doctor deserves a chance to impress. Let's give her hers.

Sent from my BLU LIFE MARK using Tapatalk

Ha,haaaaaa ,haaaaaa .............. Bill just HAD to go OR the show would have got VERY difficult at times!!!!
I'd be interest to see if the NHS records of a spike in heart attacks and strokes today. You could hear the screaming from on top the Pennines and the noises on line have been fairly vocal. It will be interesting to see how this change effects viewing figures. Bet Jeyl is pleased.... Shes a nice lass, born and schooled not too far down the road from where I live. I say give her and the new series a chance and if it doesn't succeed then "retire" it all for a while.

That was out of left field as far as i'm concerned. Don't think i've ever heard her listed as even a remote candidate. She is excellent on broadchurch. Hopefully she's got no problem handling the loads of crap that'll be flung here way the next 13-14 months before she actually gets a chance to be seen in the role more than 60 seconds worth or so.

Not sure why she needed to go blonde to be the doctor, but we shall see....

I'll be watching the last 5 episodes of broadchurch with a different eye for sure.... :)

I haven't watched this show since Ecellston nor have I read the last 32 pages but are you saying Jodie Whittiker is the new doctor? Did not expect that!

Welp.... that's that. I wish they'd gone for an older actress, with a young male companion to have a sort of BA time traveling aunt dynamic. I don't want to pre judge, but I'm kind of afraid this'll be basically a genderbent Matt Smith cosplay.

I hope not-- I think if she were any younger that would definitely be a problem-- a 20-something female Doc would end up being cutesy manic pixie girl-- which works for a companion, but not as a Doctor. I don't hate time traveling auntie as you say, but I think if she were middle-aged or older it might be almost to easy to make her eccentric.

When did "politically correct" become a pejorative?

Politically correct means not being cruel or negative towards people who have been classically oppressed because of what they are. That's not a bad thing. Generally speaking people make this complaint when they are bummed they can't get a laugh from their sexist/racist joke anymore.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back