Doctor Who opinions

I have one question about his history. He's mentioned before that he stole the tardis. Was that always part of the story? Or is that just a modern retcon? Have we ever seen other tardis's?

Yes, the classic seiries also mentions that he stole that magic box, but I'm not 100% sure more have been seen, I'm very certain, but not 100% and even if there were more tardis's you couldn't tell because the chameleon circuit would be working properly.

In my opinion the series 8 finale "Death In Heaven" is the best Doctor Who finale I've ever seen, the climax was absolutely incredible.

The surprise return is my favorite non Doctor character moment in the entire series, I was so happy to see him again even though I didn't see much of the classic series. He was always my favorite and their relationship really struck a cord, he's more than a companion, he's a companions companion, he's been there longer than anyone else and I'm really happy they got him to save the day.

I have one question about his history. He's mentioned before that he stole the tardis. Was that always part of the story? Or is that just a modern retcon? Have we ever seen other tardis's?

Yes, I believe it's first mentioned with the 2nd Doctor that he stole it.

The surprise return is my favorite non Doctor character moment in the entire series, I was so happy to see him again even though I didn't see much of the classic series. He was always my favorite and their relationship really struck a cord, he's more than a companion, he's a companions companion, he's been there longer than anyone else and I'm really happy they got him to save the day.

Yeah, LOVED that moment. Although it seemed to have been accompanied by a freak dust-storm in my media room...

Yes, it was part of the history for a long time.

They then had a splinter Clara involved in the 1st Doctor taking the Tardis in the S7 ep The Name of the Doctor.

As for other Tardis's the Master's one have various disguises, as it's chameleon circuit worked. It's appeared as a Stone Column, a Marble Fireplace, a living Statue (the Keeper of Traken), and a Computer Bank etc...

Speaking of the Rani, did anyone else think that she was the time lady in the series 8 finale before the big reveal?

Last edited:
I read an interview with Moffat yesterday that said, there were versions of the script & some on set dialogue, where Missy identified herself as Random Access Neural Interface, just to throw folks off as to who she really was. Just shows me that he's totally aware of where the fans think the show might go.

Also interesting, when the director of Deep Breath said he hated that the episodes had leaked, Moffat spoke up & said that he's have watched them if he'd just been a fan.:lol:thumbsup

To be honest, I'm kind of "over" the whole "SURPRISE!!!" thing. Much of the time, I think the "big reveal" is far too built up and ends up distracting from telling an otherwise compelling story. That's not to say that a well-done episode can't benefit from a well-employed surprise moment, but I find that storytellers who seem to focus on surprising and/or misleading the audience are often trying to be too clever for their own good.

Just thought of a continuity error: shouldn't the Doctor already know there was another Time Lord on Earth? The ninth Doctor said he could feel if another Time Lord was alive and the tenth said the only reason he couldn't was because of the perception filters so how did the Master go on without being noticed? Thoughts?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back