Look Sir, Droids part

jkno

Legendary Member
Does anyone know what is the exact piece they used for the found Droid part in the Tatooine Sandtrooper scenes please?

looksirdroids.jpg

It's big enough it could DEFINITELY be part of a camera lens. The "restraining bolts" were actual lenses themselves.

The side that is laying on the glass in that pic is chamfered in or funnel shaped. I could see that on the screen last night.

Just a long shot, so be kind... ;)

Quite a few years ago I posted these pics which led to the Obi emitter being identified as part of the Derwent interconnector system. This part could possibly be the part shown just under the Obi emitter in the first image, don't you think?

The part in the picture looks too grimy and rounded to have been a camera part, and all of the props made using camera bits show them as being in pretty good condition, whereas the interconnector parts are all battered and heat-coloured.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts. Yours optimistically, Phil :)

Derwent 1.jpg
Derwent 2.jpg
Derwent 3.jpg

I swear when I saw this thread and the pic of the real prop, I thought... What if it's a RR derwent part?

It makes a ton of sense, what you said about the camera based parts vs this thing.

I think you nailed another one! Nice!

Did anyone get more than the balance pipe when they bought engine pieces? I'd love to see the rest of that flame tube set-up in the flesh (or in the..incontel...)

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but to me, as an old bicycle mechanic, the photo from the Kurtz archives seems to be showing the crown race from a bicycle headset race (the bearing cup that sits on the top of a bike's forks, where it goes through the frame)

I'm sure that there could have been an old bike (or anything that uses a similar bearing system - a trolley / cart etc) or something kicking around on set that would have easily been butchered for this spare part. It would have been a very easy and cheap part to source.

Here's a photo of a more modern bicycle heat set - it's the bottom crown race cup that I think might have been used for this part - though no idea of a specific make / model.....

Bicycle_headset_exploded_view-en.png

What do you reckon?

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but to me, as an old bicycle mechanic, the photo from the Kurtz archives seems to be showing the crown race from a bicycle headset race (the bearing cup that sits on the top of a bike's forks, where it goes through the frame)

I'm sure that there could have been an old bike (or anything that uses a similar bearing system - a trolley / cart etc) or something kicking around on set that would have easily been butchered for this spare part. It would have been a very easy and cheap part to source.

Here's a photo of a more modern bicycle heat set - it's the bottom crown race cup that I think might have been used for this part - though no idea of a specific make / model.....

View attachment 849007

What do you reckon?

lol now thinking of it I completely agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back