Has anyone purchased from Paul Wares / Hero Wares?

Slave1

Sr Member
Don't know if this is the place to post or not, but I'm sure the mods will move it elsewhere if appropriate.

Just wondered if anyone has dealt with Paul Wares of Hero Wares?

I'm very concerned as I paid on July 23 for 89 Batman boot covers and a metal spear gun tip after discussing my order with him on Facebook. I rather got the runaround about how materials had just come in, etc., then it was going to be another week, then another week. Then communication on Facebook ceased and he blamed messenger. This doesn't account for why he didn't have a record of his orders or couldn't access his Paypal account to see what orders were still outstanding.

I have sent PMs on Facebook and posted on his wall twice. I have now just sent emails to two email accounts and I've received PMs on FB from others saying he owed them too.

I am hoping that he plans to make good on what he owes, but right now I feel the service and communication have been very poor. If anyone is acquainted with Paul, please urge him to take care of his customers.

Anyone else in the same boat with him?

I ordered some gauntlet fins 3 weeks ago and haven't heard from him after many attempts to contact him.

I'll likely be canceling the order by Friday.

Last edited:
I like PJ, he has always done right by me, but he is notoriously slow from what I recall. I'd check with the heroes for hire group on FB. He posts there a lot.

I got a reply from Paul today. All is well.

Seems he just got very busy with Halloween orders in addition to regular orders.

Thanks,
Ken

I have been with Paul today- he is avery very busy guy right now!!!
I have dealt with Paul for years and he has never let me down and always supplied the goods, as Matt says he can sometimes run a little late because he takes on so much work and trys to please everyone. Hang in there guys I am positive he will make sure you get your stuff.

UPDATE to this thread.

Last response I got from Paul was Sep. 26th for an order that was placed Sep 9th.

Well over a month now and STILL DO NOT HAVE the product I ordered.

I'd steer clear of this guy. I've dealt with many suppliers in the months leading up to Halloween....specifically placing orders as late as September and they have ALL come through.

In the process of a chargeback since he won't respond to any of my emails.

I am still waiting on my items from my order placed in July. Despite seeming well intentioned, I'm not even getting responses for requests to the last update he gave telling me I should have it in a week. This is getting to be very frustrating as I really needed those parts. I'm sure Halloween is a busy time, but again, I placed this order in July.

I'm getting rather frustrated. I see that Paul has several costume items up on Ebay. If he is behind in his orders that's one thing, but why would he be taking on more work if he can't finish and ship the orders he has now.

He "claims" my order was lost in the mail.

I went ahead and filed a complain with Etsy and immediately got a refund from him.

I think he just got busy and isn't very good about owning up and keeping his customers updated. There are lots of posts on Etsy from people who are happy with his stuff, just seems you and I are in the group that aren't. =(

I know paul personally as well
personal feelings aside, he is tardy. poor at updates. As a friend I would wait it out. A recent transaction took longer than promised. But it got delivered.
However, I completely understand your point of view. I certainly would nop put up with that from another prop maker.
the good thing about paul though - is if you direct ask for a refund; he would accept it
you'd have to be direct, but he will honour it

good luck with your transaction!

Nate

One of my numerous emails suggested that if he wasn't able to come through with the items owed, I'd be okay with a refund. No responses for a few weeks now.

Continuing to try to get answers after being patient AGAIN.

Have asked for the parts or a refund, but either way, I need an update. This is no way to conduct business. Hopefully my experience will help others to avoid the same headache.

same here...i am waiting the stuff i ve ordered from different months too...it is frustrating..
i have had diferent items from him previousely and i had to wait always for months ( even if not so much )..
i am a fan of his job , he is very good....
i still trust him and i think he will deliver my stuff...

i talked to paul today and he granted me he will ship me my stuff the next days...i trust him , i am sure he will ..i think he ll do it for your stuff too..he is not a scummer...
he is just not so good in communication...

I ordered a set of 89 batman legs about a year and half ago and still waiting. He always say's it's going out next week but still nothing. Maybe it's just my luck but I have chalked it up as a loss. Everyone say's he is one of the good guy's so why hasn't he delivered. Just a heads up that's all.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back