Atlanta RPF Members Group Monthly Meetup

Helpful Nerd

Sr Member
Hi everyone

I live in Atlanta and have been a stalker on theRPF for years and finally joined Jan of this year. One of my RPF friends MatrixSpoon started a DragonCon RPF meetup this past Con and it got me thinking that it would be cool to create a monthly meetup for Atlanta RPF members to get together and geek out / nerd out, share tips and tricks, show off props in our collections, discuss cosplay, costuming and other relevant topics, etc.

I started the Atlanta RPF Members Group here: http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-RPF-Members-Group/

I scheduled the first meetup for this Saturday at 1pm at Kirkyard Public House.

I know their is a 501st group here in Atlanta, and it would cool to see those folks at the meetup and any other RPF members that want to join us.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hope to see you there!

I have submitted to join the meetup. Username on meetup.com SunnydaleHighAlumni. I unfortunately can't make the first meetup because I will be at Anime Weekend Atlanta.

I have submitted to join the meetup. Username on meetup.com SunnydaleHighAlumni. I unfortunately can't make the first meetup because I will be at Anime Weekend Atlanta.

That's this weekend? Are tickets still available? I had no idea.

Thanks for joining my meetip. I'll be doing the meetup at least once per month. Maybe twice a month..

Ya, this weekend Fri - Sun. Some stuff going on late tonight even. On-site registration is open now. I'm thinking about going to get my badge tonight.

Ya, this weekend Fri - Sun. Some stuff going on late tonight even. On-site registration is open now. I'm thinking about going to get my badge tonight.

Looks like I'll be snagging my pass. Not sure if I'll go all three days. And since I had no idea about the Con, I won't have time a costume. But it will be fun to check out the happenings.

Care to meetup with a anime noob?

I am not a big anime person either. I am going mainly to check out and maybe meet costumers. There are some decent cosplay panels too. I'd be glad to meet up. I will be getting a full weekend badge later tonight.

I am not a big anime person either. I am going mainly to check out and maybe meet costumers. There are some decent cosplay panels too. I'd be glad to meet up. I will be getting a full weekend badge later tonight.

Are you getting the 3-day pass or the 2 day (Sat / Sun) pass?

What time are you heading up there? I'm in East Atlanta so it's about a 15-20 minute drive to the hotel where they sell the badges. I'm going there tonight too.

I'm walking g around eagerly. Yellow shirt with gizmo from greens movie

- - - Updated - - -

Waverly. Gremlins. Stupid auto correct

I'll be heading that way from Birmingham tomorrow evening. I'm not a big anime person either, but my 12yo daughter is and this will be her first con.

I've only been on RPF since seeing Guardians and getting the harebrained scheme to do a Star-Lord costume, but would love to meet some of y'all if schedules permit.

I'll be heading that way from Birmingham tomorrow evening. I'm not a big anime person either, but my 12yo daughter is and this will be her first con.

I've only been on RPF since seeing Guardians and getting the harebrained scheme to do a Star-Lord costume, but would love to meet some of y'all if schedules permit.

Awesome! Hopefully me, you and KJC can meetup. I'll be meeting KJC Friday to go to some panels.

Nothing harebrained about doing a Star-Lord costume :D

Making a Star-Lord mask is on my list, just cuz it's so dang cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and for my Atlanta peeps, regarding the Atlanta RPF Members Group meetup I moved it to Saturday Oct 4th, same time 1pm - 4pm.

Here's the link again: http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-RPF-Members-Group/

EDIT:

Maybe we should start a separate thread for Anime Weekend Atlanta...seems like a good idea so this thread about the Atlanta RPF meetup doesn't get crowded with off topic posts. I'm guilty of getting off topic about the Anime con :lol

Would anyone object to me cross posting this to the Superhero Costuming Forum? There is a decent overlap in membership, but some of those in the SCF are less active on these forums.

Hey guys!

I was at Atlanta Maker Faire this past weekend, and one of you came up to my booth and was talking about this. (Sorry if I forgot your name, I talked to like 10,000 people!) Myself and another RPF member are in fact planning on hosting a cosplay meetup group at Freeside Atlanta, a hackerspace that both of us work out of. It is a 6,000 sq/ft workspace and I think would be an ideal location for a regular meetup group. I told the person I ran into that we would be happy to host the group, and I think it would be beneficial for everyone if we combined forces.

We haven't decided on an exact day yet, I think we are tentatively planning on next Wednesday, 10/15. I'll let you guys know for sure though!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back