Bigbat23's Arkham Origins "inspired" foam build

Thought I'd update this thread and show you all where I am with it. Just finished the arms last night.

Next is the leg armor.

I'm still just so impressed with how smooth your foam work is. It's very professional.

I'm about to try to tackle the neck seal/collar myself. If you can offer me any tips I would greatly appreciate it!

Just wanted to share the most up-to-date photos of this build. I still need to finish the leg armor but I've been busy with 3 of my kids costumes for Halloween. I also plan to go to a small Con on the 25th this month.

I know the color of the belt is not game accurate but I took creative differences on this one. Felt it needed a different color. Plus no canisters. Don't like the ones from the game. So 4 pouches and that leaves room for my grapple gun and batarang I got from GameStop.

Thought I would share my progress on my Arkham Origins "inspired" foam build. For my cowl, I used JFcustom's awesome Pep file. This is my third go at it and I am pleased with this one.View attachment 378983

This is the cowl, with my own neck seal I drew up and the lower neck armor. That Pep file is Crimmson713's.
View attachment 378984

My gauntlets done with pdf files from the Foamcave with a few mods.
View attachment 378985
View attachment 378990

Chest and ab armor I drew up myself. Still need to bevel one ab plate.
View attachment 378986

Shin Guards. Well 1. The other needs a few more pieces.
View attachment 378987
View attachment 378988
View attachment 378989

More to come.

If you don't mind I have a question: I see that you used the templates from "Foamcave.com" and the templates too, as well as adobe reader. So my question is if my arms are smaller or longer than the template, how do re-size it?

If you don't mind I have a question: I see that you used the templates from "Foamcave.com" and the templates too, as well as adobe reader. So my question is if my arms are smaller or longer than the template, how do re-size it?

I just messed with the scale til I was happy.

How clean and straight all your lines are is just amazing! What do you coat or treat the foam with to get it so crazy smooth?

Thank you! I just hit the foam with a heat gun to heat seal it then Plasti Dip. I know it gets expensive but I'm not stingy with the Plasti Dip. That extra layer or two of Plasti Dip really leaves things nice and smooth.

Just curious...are you using the plasti dip spray or the actual dip? I think your suit is looking good!

Thanks!! Currently working on the leg armor. I use the Plasti Dip spray. I have never used the dip but thinking I may try it for filling holes and gaps.

How do you guys make kind of the detail used on the belt's 'button'? Btw great work so far mate

Do you mean the diagonal lines on the buckle? If so, I drew out the lines, then run a sharp blade along the lines careful NOT to cut too deep. Take your heat gun and heat the lines up a bit and watch the lines open up.

Almost done with one leg armor. Wil update soon.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back