Luke ROTJ Hero Lightsaber Paint Question

Darth Lars

Master Member
On Luke Skywalker's "Hero" lightsaber prop, below the gold/copper "neck" there is what looks like a silver washer in the "wind-vane" above the black neck section.

Should the silver disc be painted black on the underside, or should it be left silver?

I have always assumed that it should be left silver... but I am no longer sure. I can't really tell from reference images from exhibits if it is black or silver.
When looking at other people's paint jobs, I see that they have done either or.

What is correct?

That third picture tells the story. I had dozens of pics of the prop, but none like that one from a good angle with good light. The first picture kind of exemplifies the dilemma I had... I could often not tell whether silver I saw was silver or glare in black paint, and vice versa: if the darkness I saw was black paint or a reflection of the black grip.

Thanks guys! I'll go repaint my saber...

The second picture is showing brass/copper just all over on top, so only the side is silver or metal in color and please show us your final result ... when done :)

Chaim

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back