"Ain't no thing like me 'cept me": My 15 month-old sons Rocket Raccoon costume.

acraig2031

In 2 weeks I'll be taking my 15 month-old son to Wizard World Nashville and since my wife is deployed right now I get to dress him up however I want. I figure it would be a waste of his size if I didn't dress him up like Rocket Raccoon. I'm still finishing the raccoon part of the suit (A hoodie with a raccoon face on the hood), but here is the "Rocket" part of the costume:

It's not entirely screen accurate, but for 1 year old I wasn't going to try and have something that has actual buckles and straps he can mess with. Obviously it's based on the Ravager outfit he's wearing during the 3rd act of the film. Since the store-bought costumes are all the yellow/orange outfit, I wanted him to be different from all the other kids. Under the left shoulder piece is velcro which make it easier to slip the top on. I should finish the hoodie in the next day or so.

ohyeah.gif

This is going to rock(et) :thumbsup

awesome! my wife is trying to find a way to make something similar for our 7yo daughter. Did you use any sort of pattern for this or did you just eyeball it?

It's just a simple shirt/pant pattern w/o the collar or sleeves. The black pieces were just attached and silver stitching used to simulate buckles. The brown shoulder pads and bottom pieces were just eyeballed.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back