​legit deadpool

Toxicsync

Okay lets be honest i'm not the only noob on the rpf, this being my first post I'm trying to get a LEGIT deadppol costume for Halloween.. I'm trying to go for a suit based on the 1997 comics because I like that deadpool series best. To let you all know i'm not the guy who has a lot of money so i'm not getting anything to crazy right now. I have sent Zentai-Zentai a request for a custom made deadpool costume with the basic pattern and hood spike. I was also thinking about getting a print file from GunHeadDesign.com, but i'm not sure about the mask because the patterns they have don't have eyes. I was thinking about buying a plastic deadpool mask that hot topic used to sell and put mesh in the eyes and use it as a faceshell, but its impossible to find http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Po...ons//Marvel+Universe+Deadpool+Mask-188304.jsp. I'm new to costuming, but I have been around the rpf for a while so I know a fair amount. I like the way the ToddCook deadpool masks look, but its way out of my price range. I am mostly focusing on the mask because I haven't seen any real legit mask for deadpool out there(besides Todd's). If anyone can help me with this it would be really great. Its time that deadpool gets something worthy of being called legit just like spider-man and all of the other heroes out there.

P.S. ill be sending pics during the process when I have it all figured out.

Thanks
-Andrew
deadpool2.gifdeadpool comic2.jpgcomic deadpool.jpg

Attachments

• deadpool_cosplay_finish_2_by_shizuke1984-d5o11tl.jpg
    deadpool_cosplay_finish_2_by_shizuke1984-d5o11tl.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 350
  • 1666448-mvc3deadpool.jpg
    1666448-mvc3deadpool.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
I am just going to get the suit from zentai-zentai(custom order service), but don't worry it wont be any "stolen" pattern. I might add some other materials for ambiance, but for now i'm just going with the simple look. I'm going to get an extra mask for Headpool so looking for a good zombie head or skull. I found an okay skull on/at spirit halloween http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/ht-large-realistic-skull/ so I might just add some fleshy parts and be done with it. Still thinking about whether or not I should use my own Deadpool belt or a military one with a buckle because i'm not sure how it would look. Still wondering if I should have Headpool with a hat on a pole or if I should hold him in my arms.
-Andrew
Headpool Tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PML_4wrWbM8Headpool.png

I think the reason your thread hasn't gotten any responses to your asking of help is the way you refer to Zentai-Zentai and their stolen pattern mantra.
Saying that the Spider-Man print is the only one stolen, this isn't true. (Though I will give it is the most 'popular' one.) What they do is take patterns people send to them to have printed, but instead as write it off as personal custom job, they either take that file and throw it on their site for public purchase, or put in custom gallery, where you can STILL buy it.
The site would have promise as the cheaper option for costumers who can't go all out, but the fact they thrive on people who don't understand that when they send them a file, they think they own it.
I think the thing is here, is you are calling out "Zentai-Zentai haters", well, for good reason, too. They stole GunHead's TASM2 pattern (And yes, I get they have an agreement now, but that does nothing for the hundreds of suits bought when Gunhead saw none of that money.) Taylor Mcmanus just had a Miles Morales print used on their site, and multiple other artists.
It's not the fact of actually going to them, I think it's the fact you may have offended people who actually lost money, on something they put lots of time into building from scratch, for people like us who love the work, want the work, and wear the work. To essentially insult them, well, that just doesn't fly well, man.
Also, please don't take this as an attack. None of the stated was said with malice, but I think it's high time people understand that disagreeing with their business, but still giving them money, does nothing. If you are still to buy from them, that is okay. Even if it's an original design or a basic lycra suit. But, all I want to come across is, don't insult people when they've done nothing but produce fabulous work, and still get jipped out in the end.
Again, I'm sure there are people here who would like to help you, just, don't be surly about it, man.
I've also seen your other posts on other threads, I see your point, I do. They will do what they do and nothing we can do about it. But, that doesn't make it okay. The fact it's still happening shows that people are willing to give into ZZ's ignorance and hubris.
I state, again, final time: I say none of this in an attacking manor or with any malicious intent, I say it in the hopes the point is seen that people have lost a lot due to their work, and to, in any way, insult those people for having a problem with it, is not the best idea when looking for help.
I give you my best wishes in figuring out your suit.

Last edited:
I think the reason your thread hasn't gotten any responses to your asking of help is the way you refer to Zentai-Zentai and their stolen pattern mantra.
Saying that the Spider-Man print is the only one stolen, this isn't true. (Though I will give it is the most 'popular' one.) What they do is take patterns people send to them to have printed, but instead as write it off as personal custom job, they either take that file and throw it on their site for public purchase, or put in custom gallery, where you can STILL buy it.
The site would have promise as the cheaper option for costumers who can't go all out, but the fact they thrive on people who don't understand that when they send them a file, they think they own it.
I think the thing is here, is you are calling out "Zentai-Zentai haters", well, for good reason, too. They stole GunHead's TASM2 pattern (And yes, I get they have an agreement now, but that does nothing for the hundreds of suits bought when Gunhead saw none of that money.) Taylor Mcmanus just had a Miles Morales print used on their site, and multiple other artists.
It's not the fact of actually going to them, I think it's the fact you may have offended people who actually lost money, on something they put lots of time into building from scratch, for people like us who love the work, want the work, and wear the work. To essentially insult them, well, that just doesn't fly well, man.
Also, please don't take this as an attack. None of the stated was said with malice, but I think it's high time people understand that disagreeing with their business, but still giving them money, does nothing. If you are still to buy from them, that is okay. Even if it's an original design or a basic lycra suit. But, all I want to come across is, don't insult people when they've done nothing but produce fabulous work, and still get jipped out in the end.
Again, I'm sure there are people here who would like to help you, just, don't be surly about it, man.
I've also seen your other posts on other threads, I see your point, I do. They will do what they do and nothing we can do about it. But, that doesn't make it okay. The fact it's still happening shows that people are willing to give into ZZ's ignorance and hubris.
I state, again, final time: I say none of this in an attacking manor or with any malicious intent, I say it in the hopes the point is seen that people have lost a lot due to their work, and to, in any way, insult those people for having a problem with it, is not the best idea when looking for help.
I give you my best wishes in figuring out your suit.
thanks for that, I guess I needed a hit in the head to make me think about the truth. I will get the suit somewhere else prob on gunhead, so if anyone can tell me how to re size a printing file that would be great. I'm not sure if I should go classic or video game ill think about it. I didn't mean to dis anyone when I said "zentai-zentai haters" I can see what they mean so i'm sorry for that. I will most likely buy all of the supplies this weekend because of the short time untill halloween.
Thanks
-Andrew

UPDATE:
I just got all of the accessories for the costume here:
Belt http://www.ebay.com/itm/390877530210
Shoulder Holster http://www.ebay.com/itm/201153523879
Swords http://www.ebay.com/itm/201094293315
Thigh holster http://www.ebay.com/itm/281199141143
Airsoft Pistols http://www.ebay.com/itm/311091724152
I also got a red morphsuit from Spirit Halloween, its a bit saggy in the arms, but it works for the price.
I'm going to my fabric store tomorrow to get black spandex for the black parts and wristbands.
I also got a plain black mask for a faceshell/eye parts. I will add in my old skateboard shoes sometime in the next week or so, There nothing special like combat boots, but they should be fine. I can't think of any other things I did so ill leave it at that.
P.S. I got DEADPOOL CLASSICS: VOL 1 Yay!
Snapshot_20141008.jpgSnapshot_20141008_2.jpg

hey just warning you, that holster is just an extender for a MOLLE holster. you would have to buy a MOLLE holster too. id recommend looking at airsoftmegastore.com . That's where I bought most of my gear just because its cheaper there and I trust them more than EBay or Amazon.

All my stuff came in the mail I need to get the holster because I already got the extender, The first half is basically done and the second half is half way. I did all the wrist and leg bands so all I need to do is put some shoes in and finish the eyes. I don't know how i'm going to incorporate the hood spike thing or if i will even have it. HeadPool could happen, but for now I'm not doing it. I don't have any pics yet so ill post some soon.

Its coming together nicely I cut the eyes out of the faceshell because I had some technical difficulties. I have to add black to the green areas on the suit and glue the eyes in. There is access fabric on the right side that i don't know what im going to with. 4 days until Halloween!
Snapshot_20141027_3.jpgSnapshot_20141027_6.jpgSnapshot_20141027.jpg

Looks great! love the mask.
Thanks, it means a lot coming from you! It was my first build and I had a lot of fun doing it. Even though I had some problems along the way I think it turned out better than expected. I may have been ignorant about the whole zentai-zentai thing, but I know better now. Hopefully I can get a print from gunhead for a convention some time this or next year, or I might just wear this one if it still fits me in that time. I look forward to creating other costumes and maybe props too.
Thanks Everyone
-Andrew

looks good man. how did you attach the faceshell and what did you use for lenses?

I diddn't neccesarly have a face shell I cut the general shape of the eyes out of a plain mask from a Halloween store. I used krazy glue to attach the white mesh and glue the "lenses" to the mask. I had napkins under the mask so I wouldn't super glue my face. I had some help with the placement and also had to have the mask air out because of the irritating fumes.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back