HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

my tongue xtensions are no longer visible in the project runs... for a simple reason : i haven't renew my premium account this year...

This is probably the only forum I subscribe to right now. This years fees are almost $50AUD after conversion, but I am able to claim this back on tax if I am making and selling stuff.

Are your letters foam? I made rubber letters for myself and used super glue. I am sure I used superglue on the MP MAGs and their decal kit was foam.

I have the rubber ones from MarkPoon...I just ended up going with contact cement! :lol

For others that are interested in these shoes...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, i know this post is from 3 years ago now, but i've had my HC shoes since 2015 and only worn them once. I have an 80's party in 2 weeks and i took my shoes out of storage and found that the battery won't hold charge. They work fine when plugged in, but not at all when in unattach the charge cable. I've charged them using my usb cable plugged into the wall via phone charger plug. If i use a 2800 mAh portable charger do you think this would be okay if i wear them out plugged into one?

Hi, i know this post is from 3 years ago now, but i've had my HC shoes since 2015 and only worn them once. I have an 80's party in 2 weeks and i took my shoes out of storage and found that the battery won't hold charge. They work fine when plugged in, but not at all when in unattach the charge cable. I've charged them using my usb cable plugged into the wall via phone charger plug. If i use a 2800 mAh portable charger do you think this would be okay if i wear them out plugged into one?

I'm pretty sure someone had to do this for their V2s a few years back as well for the same reason - worked on charge only.
In the end of the day, an external power pack is more "screen accurate" than a built in battery. The guy wore a wire down the inside of his pants legs.

Has anyone tried the steam toe fix for the rest of the upper? I'm terrible at sewing and I'm hoping to avoid tearing these apart to remove the foam. I was thinking of using the iron to flatten the foam a bit on the toe as well as the sides. I have the newer smooth sided shoes, btw.

Has anyone tried the steam toe fix for the rest of the upper? I'm terrible at sewing and I'm hoping to avoid tearing these apart to remove the foam. I was thinking of using the iron to flatten the foam a bit on the toe as well as the sides. I have the newer smooth sided shoes, btw.
I don't think anyone did this. The only method I know to make the upper look better is to deconstruct It, get rid of the foam, extend the base with additional fabric from the inside and then rebuild it

I bought 2 pairs of the Universal Studios BTTF light up shoes and the lights on both are busted. Is there a guide anywhere on how to take apart and fix these? Or does anyone know who is knowledgeable with these shoes?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back