HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

I would be neat to see someone make accurate uppers, with accuratley painted midsoles, Cavx's clear soles, and Cloneprops' ankle buckles. If I had the time and money I would take a crack at it.

Site staff says that these licensed MAGs are true to size. Would this be true? Because the V2s were actually bigger than their official size.

Can someone make a complete upgrade kit for these? Swooshes, add-on lettering for the heels, etc.?

Also, has anyone else noticed that the reflection of the LEDs shows the proper three colors, but the LEDs on the shoes appear to be all yellow?

back-to-the-future-2-light-up-shoes.jpg

I'm not sure what other unforeseen limitations or cut corners to expect at this price point, but since my prop budget isn't anywhere close to what it used to be, these will have to be my starting point, at least...

Also, has anyone else noticed that the reflection of the LEDs shows the proper three colors, but the LEDs on the shoes appear to be all yellow?

That's just the way the camera captures the lights. The original V2s have the same problem. They have the same electronics.

Here's an email I got today from halloweencostumes.com...

"BACK TO THE FUTURE 2 SHOE STATUS

Great Scott!

Thank you for your interest in our Back to the Future shoes. Due to the high demand and requests we've received for this product, we know our first shipment is going to sell out very (very) quickly. The first shipment will go live for purchase on our website at 6:00pm CDT on Tuesday, September 30th. Unfortunately, our first shipment of 500 pairs will only fulfill about 2% of requests we have received! Because of this (and this is definitely heavy, we know) we can only allow one pair of shoes per customer order. They are being sold strictly on a first come first serve basis with no pre-orders. However, for those of you who are not able to purchase during the first shipment, we have more arriving late October (1,500 pairs), early November (3,000 pairs), and late December (5,000 pairs). You will receive follow up emails with the exact day and times when these shipments will be available for purchase.

We have been overwhelmed by the response to this product. It is by far our biggest and most popular product to date. Originally, we had ordered twice as many of these shoes compared to any other product we've ever sold and we still underestimated the demand. That's very humbling for us and we can't thank you enough for your enthusiasm for these shoes! We will keep you informed on all shipments, and exactly when they will be available for purchase on our website. Thank you very much for supporting HalloweenCostumes.com. We can't wait to develop more and more exciting products for you in the future... or the past... or whatever space time tangent we may, accidentally, find ourselves.

Thank you again, and,
To Be Continued...

Tom Fallenstein
President / CEO
Fun.com – HalloweenCostumes.com – Shirts.com"

Who here will be on that website today, around 6pm CDT, hitting F5 until the "Add to Cart" button appears? *raises hand* :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I managed to get some size nines in the cart and that was as far as I got. The web server must be uber bogged down by all us BTTF2 fans. *sigh*

aaaaaaaaaaaand the site came back up for a sec and all the size nines are gone and it shows my cart as empty. Guess I'll try again November. *sigh*

Ok so the site came back up, all sizes out of stock but when I signed in, it showed the shoes in my cart. I went ahead and placed the order and got an order number and all that. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
I managed to get a pair of size 8's in my cart, waited for a lot of "Processing" screens, and got all the way to checkout only to have it indicate "out of stock" by the time I got there. I was online right on time too. Disappointing :(

Be careful which eBay sellers you buy from, there may be lots of people selling them, who don't actually have them and aren't about to get them.

Here's an email I got today from halloweencostumes.com...
However, for those of you who are not able to purchase during the first shipment, we have more arriving late October (1,500 pairs), early November (3,000 pairs), and late December (5,000 pairs).

From the website:
This product is currently sold out! Next shipment will arrive in early November.

Whoops! So much for that second chance before Halloween...

Last edited by a moderator:
Im In the UK and managed to get hold of a pair and have got the three day option , cant wait ive also purchesd markpoons EL kit for the boots

What he said. We're supposed to know better on here. We know the V2s exist and make these look silly for not much more money. Save up and buy the V2s all day long.

I disagree. $100 vs $250 is actually the definition of "much more money". Besides, we will probably have real Nike versions next year (hopefully with power laces) and maybe even some "true" V3s from RPF member airair to choose from. These $100 ones will tide me over until then.

Just to clarify something that was brought of briefly before - Having worked in (and currently working in) licensing AND with the BTTF license, I can give insight -

Sometimes things are double licensed. Universal can own the SHOW, but they have no ownership over NIKE or NIKE IP (the swoosh) - SO yes, these can be official, but not "Nike" - Unless you want to pay a lot more per pair as the cost of the NIKE use license would be included in the price...

This happens a few times in BTTF - The Hoverboard can be licensed, but you dont automatically get to use the big MATTEL label, since mattel owns that. You can make a TIME MACHINE, but you dont automatically get to use the iconic DMC logo on the front, since GM owns that....

Its like the Jurassic Park Cryo-Can.... You can get a license from Universal to call it a JURASSIC PARK product and make it, but you cant use BARBASOL without getting a seperate license for use of its name and imagery.

Each extra license costs more money, and more approval times.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back