Jumanji Game Board Replica by VM

Hi everyone!

Sorry guys that I've not been posting for so long. I had to pause my Jumanji project due to not having time for this (for over three years, omg, told you I’m very slow :) So now I’m trying to revive the project and due to this occasion I decide to share my Jumanji plans with you.

The plans are based on measurements of director’s carry board, the board at ExpoSyFy and tons of 1995 movie shots and prop photos. I carefully recreated text and ornament frame of the rules plates. To do this I found font (two actually) that I think was inspiration for the one on the plates and used these fonts as reference to draw vector versions of the rules. The fonts I used are Weiss Antiqua (1928) and True Golden (1993) if you interested). So you can use my rules vectors for screen printing. You also can use leaves from the plans as reference for I drew every single leaf at exactly same place and in same shape they were in the original hero board.

I’m sure it’s most accurate plans among other I saw on the Internet. So I hope you’ll find it useful for your projects.

plans1.jpgplans2.jpg

View attachment 799526
View attachment 799532

Last edited:
Wow, those plans are great! Looks like I have to rework the edge teeth on my 3D model. I wasn't sure if the topmost triangles are actually protruding from the edge... looks like they are.

And I guess any deviations from Audrey2's plans are just the differences in the different production props used in the film.

Wow, those plans are great! Looks like I have to rework the edge teeth on my 3D model. I wasn't sure if the topmost triangles are actually protruding from the edge... looks like they are.

The edge teeth are actually not just decoration. They work as some sort of locking mechanism and must connect to each other when the box closed. So top of the teeth need to be a little bit higher then edge of the walls.

And I guess any deviations from Audrey2's plans are just the differences in the different production props used in the film.

In fact most movie props are identical concerning their measurements. The only big difference I found is the hinge location. On the foam director's carry board hinges are closer to centre of the wall, but on the wooden hero board the hinges much closer to the edges. So in my plans I used hero board version, because... well it's hero board))

Last edited:
Your depiction of the teeth makes sense, as these would now fit into each other perfectly. I would think that this kind of locking mechanism would prevent the lids from skewing, although with hinges like that, that probably wouldn't happen either way.

Your depiction of the teeth makes sense, as these would now fit into each other perfectly. I would think that this kind of locking mechanism would prevent the lids from skewing, although with hinges like that, that probably wouldn't happen either way.

I found out this teeth locking stuff on Milano Woodworks website (studio that made hero board box). So it makes this an official depiction I think)

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Sorry guys that I've not been posting for so long. I had to pause my Jumanji project due to not having time for this (for over three years, omg, told you I’m very slow :) So now I’m trying to revive the project and due to this occasion I decide to share my Jumanji plans with you.

The plans are based on measurements of director’s carry board, the board at ExpoSyFy and tons of 1995 movie shots and prop photos. I carefully recreated text and ornament frame of the rules plates. To do this I found font (two actually) that I think was inspiration for the one on the plates and used these fonts as reference to draw vector versions of the rules. The fonts I used are Weiss Antiqua (1928) and True Golden (1993) if you interested). So you can use my rules vectors for screen printing. You also can use leaves from the plans as reference for I drew every single leaf at exactly same place and in same shape they were in the original hero board.

I’m sure it’s most accurate plans among other I saw on the Internet. So I hope you’ll find it useful for your projects.

View attachment 799537View attachment 799538

View attachment 799526
View attachment 799532

what are the dimensions in cm? i cant seem to get it right

Last edited by a moderator:
This is amazing looking already. Very jealous of the people with the skills to do this. My attempt would look like a bad Wallace and Gromit remake.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back