My Batman Begins/Bale bust ***FINAL SCULPT PICS***

Thanks streetjudge79, and everyone else who gave input. Here is my new sculpt, a new jaw and I shaped the head so that it would give the correct shape to the cowl. The cowl is thin, so if it doesn't have the correct support underneath, it will look all wrong. If Bale stuck his head in this cowl, even he would not look like Batman :D . So I shaped the head so it would give the correct contour to the cowl. I think the jaw/lips relly resemble Bale enough now that I am pleased with it. It will look alot better when I paint the face/eyes, and insert glass eyes. I will post more pics when it is complete, but for now, let me know what you think guys :lol . Bill

***************NEW PICS BELOW*****************

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by billy1974@Jan 23 2006, 12:59 PM
Good stuff. Much better now, and I agree with your statements entirely regarding the cowl.
My only other suggestion on your face/mouth area is the immediate cheek area on the sides of the lips. It almost looks like Bale's holding his breath.  If you give that area a bit of slimming down, not much mind you...but enough to show his slight cheek bone definition that causes some slight dimpling you'll probably end up with an even better likeness. Again, just food for thought. I enjoy your progress here and you seem to be receptive to constructive criticism. :)
Well done on all efforts here.

David

Thanks streetjudge79, and everyone else who gave input. Here is my new sculpt, a new jaw and I shaped the head so that it would give the correct shape to the cowl. The cowl is thin, so if it doesn't have the correct support underneath, it will look all wrong. If Bale stuck his head in this cowl, even he would not look like Batman  :D . So I shaped the head so it would give the correct contour to the cowl. I think the jaw/lips relly resemble Bale enough now that I am pleased with it. It will look alot better when I paint the face/eyes, and insert glass eyes. I will post more pics when it is complete, but for now, let me know what you think guys  :lol . Bill

bats1.jpg

bats2.jpg

bats3.jpg

bats4.jpg

[snapback]1165998[/snapback]​

Originally posted by DAVIDYR1+Jan 23 2006, 07:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DAVIDYR1 @ Jan 23 2006, 07:54 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-billy1974
@Jan 23 2006, 12:59 PM
Good stuff. Much better now, and I agree with your statements entirely regarding the cowl.
My only other suggestion on your face/mouth area is the immediate cheek area on the sides of the lips. It almost looks like Bale's holding his breath.  If you give that area a bit of slimming down, not much mind you...but enough to show his slight cheek bone definition that causes some slight dimpling you'll probably end up with an even better likeness. Again, just food for thought. I enjoy your progress here and you seem to be receptive to constructive criticism. :)
Well done on all efforts here.

David

bats4.jpg

[snapback]1165998[/snapback]​
[snapback]1166039[/snapback]​
[/b]
Yeah, I agree about the mouth/cheek bit, everything else looks great. :)

Thanks again for the help David. Here is the final sculpt, aside from eyes and painting obviously. I am totally satisfied with it...and tired of looking at it :cry . Seriously though, it has been a fun project. I will display it with pride :D . Thanks again everyone for the input, it really helped. Now, let me know what you think....even though I don't care because I like it :lol . Bill

begins1.jpg

begins2.jpg

begins3.jpg

begins4.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys :thumbsup . Once it is painted up and eyes installed, I think it will really "come to life". I will add pics once it is complete. Bill

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back