M.R. training remote opinions

Peacefrog35

Sr Member
I've searched and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of reviews. I hard one of Frank's castings years ago but never finished it. I ended I p selling it. It was very nice and I've regretted letting it go. I have an m.r. coming that I got for a pretty fair price and wondered in terms of accuracy, how it stacks up. I plan to display it with my obi wan and luke anh sabers.

Thanks in advance

Wow, a lot of views, but no comments? Well, I guess it hasn't even been a whole day yet. I almost forget when I posted this. lol That was exactly what I found when I did a search here as well as a google search :lol. I'm surprised there aren't many reviews of it. Oh well, I will see for myself when it arrives tomorrow. :cheers

If I remember correctly, Frank's remote was used as the base design for the MR. I also know that Frank did some consulting work with MR as well. I would image the remote was one item he did it for but I do not know that for sure.

Before the MR, I had one of Frank's but it was stolen. I do not remember too much of a difference but I am not an expert in the tiny details of the design. Frank's could be made without a hole or you could insert a small tube from top to bottom to run a string through to hang it.

Here are pict's of Frank's remote with paint and finishing work done by Richie's Armor.

remote.jpgmyremote.jpg

Thanks for the info. I guess that makes sense that Frank would have at least been the consultant on that prop. He knows more about the remote than anyway. That is horrible that yours was stolen. I appreciate the response. Richie's Armor? Wow, I haven't heard that name in a long time!

I have one of the MR remotes. It's a beautiful replica. Nice detail and weathering throughout.
It even has the reflective Scotchlite tape inside the emitters.

MJF, that looks really good like that!
I just have mine in the original MR case. I have a lot of other cased
props and I think it fits in better with my collection that way.

I'm no expert, but I have the MR training remote and have paused the movie and help the prop up to the TV screen and it looks pretty darn accurate to me.

Mike

MJF, that looks really good like that!
I just have mine in the original MR case. I have a lot of other cased
props and I think it fits in better with my collection that way.

The MR remote did not come with a case, just the stand. Maybe you are thinking if the special run of cases made for them by Rebelscum.com.

I was lucky to find a place (hobby lobby) that sells large glass domes real cheap. I think the whole thing costs about $35 to $40 and that includes shipping costs.

here is a thread about it: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=208656

Thank you for all of the input. It arrived today....6 days late. I was scared it was lost and only after bugging usps 4 times did it start to move after still sitting inv the origin state for 5 days. Anyway, it's in mint condition and I'm really happy with it. It looks great in between my obi and luke anh sabers.

Last edited:
Your stand and case look great! Best TR stand/case I’ve seen.

You mentioned in another thread you ran the clear rod into one of the truck rims, did you leave the rim out, enlarge the center hole on the rim, or did the rod fit in the existing hole? Any pics from the backside?
Thanks! If you want, I can take some photos for you this week.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back