Destiny (Video Game) Discussion

Well I've been play it for most of this evening and I cannot say it knocks my socks off, at least not like Halo did. The story is okay ,fighting ok, exploration ok, graphics ok its all generally very OK. Problem is it feels like so many others I've played like KOTOR, Borderlands etc, and the missions are becoming repetitive ,going over the same territories, upgrading weapons , then your enemies upgrade. Don't know if Bungie will recoupe all the money they have spent on it, I cannot say I'm absolutely rivetted to it, I'm off to bed now, whilst with Halo you were talking "just another hour, I don't need sleep....... until the sun came up." Its a very good game but GREAT......... I don't know. The story isn't half as strong as Halo was. I see how much I'm playing it come the longer winter evenings when there's not much on the TV.
That's exactly the impression I got from the gameplay footage I saw.
I won't be buying this one.

When it comes to these games I really don't care AT ALL about the plot or even cutscenes (no matter how pretty). Most plots are pretty unoriginal anyway. I'd rather a developer just use their budget for gameplay.

The reviews are mixed at best, i'm shocked as usually Bungie knocks their games out of the ballpark. I won't be getting it any time soon (I will used for the collection i'm building) because I'm not into MMOs.

I have to say that its a real grind to get going, and the old Russian levels are repetative BUT once you get to the Moon it really picks up, particularly if you've upgraded weaponry and armour. Anything running around with a?????? ungraded levelby its name avoid like the plague because they are basically unkillable (but you aren't). Also Take your time and look for gea/weapons. I'm level ten now and its a much better fit. Use joint missions only for the very higher levels and take on bounties to get the bonus points building up. Swap your arms around and don't spend your dosh early, most stuff is rewarded or you can find. Its not Halo but it is getting more enjoyable to play and you will need help with the harder missions particularly those Spider tanks !!!!!! Its growing on me , but that almost entirely due to the fact I'm not getting killed all the time now and I've finished with Russia (I think)

Picked it up yesterday morning, without expecting much but I was looking for a new game for the PS4 anyway. Well I'm loving it more than I thought ! It is indeed a bit repetitive some times, and I agree about the end mission thing, would be nice to just keep exploring like if you were on a patrol mission. The PvP control multiplayer is fun too, frustrating at first but once you get the hang of it and understand that going in alone is usually a bad idea, it becomes quite addictive.
That spider tank was a tough one for sure, but I managed to kill it by myself. Took me a good 15 minutes and virtually all my ammos from all my weapons !

I got the lowly PS3 version cuz I'm too poor/cheap to buy a PS4 (I mean seriously, what games are REALLY out for PS4? Nothing). I'm enjoying it. I don't quite get all the low reviews. I mean, look, it's a shooter. It's not gonna be groundbreaking.

I got the game on my Xbox One and have been playing it pretty regularly the past couple days. I'm a level 11 and I have to say starting out it was a bit of a grind but it really picks up once you start playing the pvp and go to the moon, Venus etc. levels. I've played a few MMO's and this feels more geared towards MMO gamers than a pickup a controller and play for a few minutes shooter.

Personally, I really like the game. I wanted to play an MMO again but I like that's in a FPS shell. It feels a lot like Borderlands.

I got the lowly PS3 version cuz I'm too poor/cheap to buy a PS4 (I mean seriously, what games are REALLY out for PS4? Nothing). I'm enjoying it. I don't quite get all the low reviews. I mean, look, it's a shooter. It's not gonna be groundbreaking.

I think alot of it is people were expecting more out of the main game than 16 hours before the side missions, it's not well known that they want this to be a game that last years online via DLC and other updates so some folks don't feel they're getting the money worth and others aren't fond of having to be online to play single player campaign.

I wasn't able to get the bundle because they were all sold out till today in my area. I haven't owned a console since 2k and only played the first Halo and haven't seen nor played Borderlands. I like MMO's and FPS I think this game will be refreshing and all new to me.. Nothing familiar.. I'll keep ya posted.

Yah, I'm with Amish on this one....I'm really digging it. But I also don't play a lot of shooters...that's coloring my perspective for sure. Or maybe the low reviews are from jaded folks. The shared world element is definitely interesting. Have only done a few PvP matches myself but that was pretty fun as well, although I'm a bit outclassed at the moment.

I got the game on my Xbox One and have been playing it pretty regularly the past couple days. I'm a level 11 and I have to say starting out it was a bit of a grind but it really picks up once you start playing the pvp and go to the moon, Venus etc. levels. I've played a few MMO's and this feels more geared towards MMO gamers than a pickup a controller and play for a few minutes shooter.

Personally, I really like the game. I wanted to play an MMO again but I like that's in a FPS shell. It feels a lot like Borderlands.

My thoughts exactly! My GT is Wyatt Layne if you want to meet up in game. I'm only level 8 right now. (Damn day job!)

That spider tank was a tough one for sure, but I managed to kill it by myself. Took me a good 15 minutes and virtually all my ammos from all my weapons !

LOL! Took me a good half hour of run & gun to kill that thing solo! I was following a free roam mission which took me to one location...
which had a spider tank at the end, and I couldn't complete the mission until the tank was gone. Brutal half hour. :)

After you complete the "main campaign" Russia missions, there's still areas with high level enemies to
be discovered and defeated. Try going downstairs in the destroyed large ship. There's some powerful
enemies down there waiting to welcome you with open... claws. :)

Cool, will do! I'll friend request you. Will make things easier with full fireteams (I know 2 other people that are playing Destiny on the Xbox One).

My thoughts exactly! My GT is Wyatt Layne if you want to meet up in game. I'm only level 8 right now. (Damn day job!)

I haven't seen any spider tanks yet, but i just finished the bit where you take on 3 Swarm Princes in a row........and i thought THAT was tough!!!!!

Rich

Got it and I'm really enjoying it. Tad learning curve since I haven't held a controller in 14 years. Wish I had a mouse and keyboard. I'm currently level 4. I'm looking for ways to farm glimmer since next level the vanguard armor will be available. My user name is Amish _Hitman13

Came out of story mode and played in the Crucible today. And got my ass thoroughly kicked. On the plus side I did get a lot of rewards for being on the team and it really bumps up your levels very quickly. I couldn't understand how come there were people with 23+ levels going through at the same time as me . Seems they want you in the multiplayer. Its fun for a while but horrible unfair, there are just a few players at 20+ that completely dominate the play, and hey, I'll admit it my trigger finger ain't as quick as it was. But if you want better weapons/armour/upgrades its the way to go. Playing wise just going through Venus, completed Earth and the Moon, but took my time and found most of the bonues and hiddens except for a couple. Like the Reef and Mars and Mercury are in the Crucible. I still preffer Halo's story and gameplay , but now we are off the Earth its alot more fun.

Normally the crucible is leveled, they nerf the higher weapons so it's roughly equitable. Not sure about the armor level though. But yeah, even for me at lvl 21, it's chaos ! I can only play control, I get my ass kicked in no time in the other modes, especially the free for all. A piece of advice : always aim for the head and don't hesitate to jump around a lot.

In another note : has anybody manage to kill a vex praetorian ? Big robot with a force field and some kind of mean rocket launcher ? I died more than 10 times trying to kill one, nothing I threw at it even damage his force field. It's infuriating ! I can kill a spider tank alone but not that ?

It just says "resist" when I hit one...I was thinking only a certain type of gun hurts them? I dunno, I just went around them on my Sparrow, lol!

Normally the crucible is leveled, they nerf the higher weapons so it's roughly equitable. Not sure about the armor level though. But yeah, even for me at lvl 21, it's chaos ! I can only play control, I get my ass kicked in no time in the other modes, especially the free for all. A piece of advice : always aim for the head and don't hesitate to jump around a lot.

In another note : has anybody manage to kill a vex praetorian ? Big robot with a force field and some kind of mean rocket launcher ? I died more than 10 times trying to kill one, nothing I threw at it even damage his force field. It's infuriating ! I can kill a spider tank alone but not that ?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back