Fear The Walking Dead (spin off series)

Somebody is going to make some money with the cgi for that! :lol

Something I just thought of, since this is being set in LA this means that they're going to have to get a lot more cars to line the streets in scenes where they show abandoned cars because if the apocalypse sits during rush hour, or just about any time of the day on certain LA freeways, they're going to need to be a lot more crowded than they've been on The Walking Dead so far.

These characters have vastly transformed over the course of 5 seasons. They are much different people than they used to be and I think the show has done a terriffic job with everything thus far. It's not just a mindless zombie show. You really do need to watch everything to understand it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what's going on in other parts of the country. All we know is what's gone down in the East. This could be really cool! I think the only growing pain of it is going to be being introduced to a whole new cast of people we don't know. BUT that's how Walking Dead started, so you got to give it a chance.

I'm going to laugh when I see all kinds of NFA weapons on this one, things like SBRs, fully automatic weapons, suppressors, lots of "high-cap" mags, and all of the other fun toys we aren't allowed here. Like I said previously, I'd like to see mention of one of the cast removing the bullet button from their rifle just for laughs; it's a very unimportant thing plot wise but it is something that I'd find funny to see.

I agree, it's going to be nice to see more of how this all started. I get the impression we will get more of the beginning days of the zombie apocalypse. Mass confusion, hysteria, etc. I for one can't wait for this to start!

I'm going to laugh when I see all kinds of NFA weapons on this one, things like SBRs, fully automatic weapons, suppressors, lots of "high-cap" mags, and all of the other fun toys we aren't allowed here. Like I said previously, I'd like to see mention of one of the cast removing the bullet button from their rifle just for laughs; it's a very unimportant thing plot wise but it is something that I'd find funny to see.

:lol They should have the characters cursing their available weapon choices because of CA laws.

"IF IT WORKS MILK IT FOR ALL IT'S WORTH UNTIL IT'S A DEAD DRIED UP HUSK OF ITSELF. THEN KEEP MILKING IT UNTIL IT'S THE MOST REPULSIVE SPECTACLE ANYONE HAS EVER SEEN. Then throw it in the trash. Wait 5 years, reboot, and start from step one"

- modern film practices

I could swear I thought it said August 7th but I guess I was wrong

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re: Walking Dead spin off series

Old fart!! Eat your prunes. :p

I may catch it at a later date.

I just binge watched the walking dead up to this season and while it is an entertaining show it is a one trick pony.

I am amazed how weak the writing is :unsure

I'm gonna give this show a chance. I'm not sure how well it will be, but I'd rather try it to see how it plays out.

Passing on this one. I find that the main show, while entertaining, has real dips in quality and seems to stretch plotlines from the comics on WAY too long. Like, enough already, just get on with it. But no, we get ages of characters acting like idiots. I still like the main show, don't get me wrong. But I think I can only take just so much of the ways it irritates me. Don't think I can stand two shows that do it.

That's way more than I give. I watch most things once and if I don't like the characters, actors, or premise that's it.

I don't know why, but in disaster movies I like the build up and immediate aftermath of the disaster. For example in Dawn of the Dead (remake) I liked the build up when everything goes nuts, the blond girl is running for her life and you see everything breaking down. I have no idea why. I guess it's more terrifying that the whole zombie aftermath because it's fairly predictable.

I'm getting more excited for this the closer it gets. I feel like TWD has had some great missteps, and honestly I would have preferred a more literal adaptation of the source in a lot of instances, it seems like they've just gone way out of whack in the 5 seasons we've had. Hopefully FTWD can give them a chance to not only tread new ground but possibly adapt some of the things the original missed. I'm hoping this one is more about survival than mean people waiting in the woods to shoot/eat you.

This actually looks pretty good.

I'd like to see the show keep more of an apocalyptic horror theme, instead of being a survivor drama like TWD.

It's nice to see how thing started and got to where they are, though if it happened really fast it might be hard to do more than one season.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back