Fear The Walking Dead (spin off series)

Seems the van is full now, I cant let anymore people in on the FTWD hate wagon. Although some will likely try and Cundalini your way onto the rear bumper. At least youll have one hand left afterwards if you stay too long.

Out of curiosity to see if any viewer feedback was taken into consideration for the second season I watched, it wasnt. In fact it was as if they made everything worse out of spite! The positive note is the boat set was well done although at times its lit like a Walmart. The opening was so terrible I had to go clean the cat box as a palette cleanser. The show is aptly, yet partially named. The full name is actually "Fear the Walking Dead, Because its Awful".

I'm going to watch a couple more to see if anything improves, but it's a chore. I don't care one bit for the characters. Also in this episode, once the captain (no idea what his name is...) learned the daughter (no idea either :lol) was talking on the radio to someone, he didn't take the freaking radio away! C'mon!

Enjoyed the first season for the most part; but yeah, first ep of this season was a chore to get through.
Only character I like is Strand, only reason I finished watching first ep of season 2 was Strand. The family, especially the kids are just awful. I'm not interested in the trials and tribulations of these people surviving a zombie apocalypse. Will give a few more episodes a go, but if this is going to be nothing more than a moody family drama that happens to have zombies wandering around in the background; I'm out as well. I do have high hopes some of the kids will be getting killed off soon, especially the emotional guy who I am basically on the verge of scene skipping every time he is on screen. This is a show that makes me realize I would be better off completely alone than having to put up with people in the event of a zombie outbreak.

Seems the van is full now, I cant let anymore people in on the FTWD hate wagon. Although some will likely try and Cundalini your way onto the rear bumper. At least youll have one hand left afterwards if you stay too long.

Out of curiosity to see if any viewer feedback was taken into consideration for the second season I watched, it wasnt. In fact it was as if they made everything worse out of spite! The positive note is the boat set was well done although at times its lit like a Walmart. The opening was so terrible I had to go clean the cat box as a palette cleanser. The show is aptly, yet partially named. The full name is actually "Fear the Walking Dead, Because its Awful".

I think they're tying ropes to the bumper of the hate wagon and hanging on to those while riding skateboards to get away from this show lol. I didn't watch the first season after hearing on here how bad it was and gave up on this episode, it's like they have no idea what they're doing, it isn't even a good post apocalyptic show let alone The Walking Dead.

I endured the first season because I figured the fan reaction would steer the show towards something more entertaining, but I found out this past Sunday that I was terribly mistaken. If they maintain this style and pacing, there can be no way this show makes it past season 4.

Man, I can barely get myself to give a crap about watching TWD. There's no way in hell I'm gonna watch this show, especially after everything I heard about the last season and this seasons's opener. No likeable characters? Pointless stupidity for plot contrivances? Yeah, sounds like TWD, only worse.

Watched the season opener, its really poor. Worse than last season. I don't get how you could mess this up so bad.

I'll keep watching, mainly because my wife watches it and if we're watching that we're not watching vapid Housewives of Someplace or other, I'll gladly take bad zombie show over that nonsense.

I'm in the minority here and am actually enjoying this show, I'm really curious to see where they're going and how they're going to survive, and not to mention what Strand's up to. I don't think that the character's are all that bad and while they do make stupid mistakes, they're no worse than the mistakes that Rick and co. make and they're seasoned vets of the zombie apocalypse. So if seasoned vets are making rookie mistakes, doesn't it stand to reason that rookies would be making the same mistakes too?

Right now, I'm really curious to see how realistically they'll treat guns on this show considering the restrictions that there are on guns in CA. Things like 10 round magazine limits, bullet buttons on magazine fed, semi-automatic rifles and the like. I'm going to laugh so hard if I see them arm with the same kind of arsenal that we see on TWD since we can't even get our hands on un-neutered versions of civilian legal weapons much less the full auto weapons seen all the time on TWD.

Right now, I'm really curious to see how realistically they'll treat guns on this show considering the restrictions that there are on guns in CA. Things like 10 round magazine limits, bullet buttons on magazine fed, semi-automatic rifles and the like. I'm going to laugh so hard if I see them arm with the same kind of arsenal that we see on TWD since we can't even get our hands on un-neutered versions of civilian legal weapons much less the full auto weapons seen all the time on TWD.

Not to get into full on geek mode but I can make a call and have a fully auto AK, M4, sub machine gun... in my hands within an hour. If you want an actual rocket launcher or minigun that could be had as well. Its all about who you know vs what the law states for the average Joe. There are also still people that have caches of weapons pre-90's. For instance when my grandpa passed back in 2000 my uncle took all but two of his guns which included AK's, M16's, a .50 Cal Ma Deuce, BAR.... it was crazy what undocumented items you could get your hands on after the Vietnam war. Ammo is the question. There is only so much a single person can carry. Combine that with no new ammo resources and ammo may become more valuable than food. Ironically TWD just put this into play. Then youll find just the opposite, people that have cashes of ammo and no guns for it, I know a garage like that right now.

Not to get into full on geek mode but I can make a call and have a fully auto AK, M4, sub machine gun... in my hands within an hour. If you want an actual rocket launcher or minigun that could be had as well. Its all about who you know vs what the law states for the average Joe. There are also still people that have caches of weapons pre-90's. For instance when my grandpa passed back in 2000 my uncle took all but two of his guns which included AK's, M16's, a .50 Cal Ma Deuce, BAR.... it was crazy what undocumented items you could get your hands on after the Vietnam war. Ammo is the question. There is only so much a single person can carry. Combine that with no new ammo resources and ammo may become more valuable than food. Ironically TWD just put this into play. Then youll find just the opposite, people that have cashes of ammo and no guns for it, I know a garage like that right now.

This is why you hear about folks cleaning out family homes and coming across WW2 era stuff too, a guy near Pittsburgh found 3 live grenades from WW2 that were kept as souvenirs. Post Vietnam you also see the real start of the militia movements so that's also why you see alot of stuff floating around undocumented as the soldiers either kept or found stuff they thought they'd need. Not to mention as long as you have the permits, a clear record, and a ton of cash you can "easily" get the permits for a lot of stuff. We have a place near here that caters to high end, high permit goodies that normal stores couldn't carry even if they wanted to.

I'm still enjoying it. The characters have actually started to grow on me (or at least some of them).

I still find some things annoying, but no show is perfect.

I feel the same way. When it came to season two of WD, it had it's annoying moments too and people complained about how slow and boring it was.

This is why you hear about folks cleaning out family homes and coming across WW2 era stuff too, a guy near Pittsburgh found 3 live grenades from WW2 that were kept as souvenirs. Post Vietnam you also see the real start of the militia movements so that's also why you see alot of stuff floating around undocumented as the soldiers either kept or found stuff they thought they'd need. Not to mention as long as you have the permits, a clear record, and a ton of cash you can "easily" get the permits for a lot of stuff. We have a place near here that caters to high end, high permit goodies that normal stores couldn't carry even if they wanted to.

True, but Rick & co. aren't exactly walking around with old military surplus, the Governor had a freaking full auto Stery Aug, that's hardly a Vietnam take home. There's also the restriction on full autos that's in place, outside of dealers and ranges regular people can't buy full autos made after 1986(?), that's why fully automatic guns are really expensive and hard to come by, there's a limited pool of them available and they just keep on getting traded around, no new ones are being made for the US market nor are any allowed to be imported in. Going by the number of full auto rifles we see in TWD, it would seem that the bulk of NFA guns are in Georgia and Virginia, including a good number of riles that wouldn't be on the NFA list. Of course, it is possible that many of these full autos that we see are post apocalypse conversions since there is no more ATF and LE to care about or enforce NFA laws.

True, but Rick & co. aren't exactly walking around with old military surplus, the Governor had a freaking full auto Stery Aug, that's hardly a Vietnam take home.

Didn't the Governor say that most of the people who guarded the walls were survivalists? And he did kill army men for their supplies, right So, the guns he has he probably either brought in by one of the survivalists or was taken from the army dudes he murdered, so it would make sense that he's army is stocked with non-vintage weaponry, wouldn't it?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back