Fear The Walking Dead (spin off series)

The characters are still completely insufferable. While I really enjoyed the pace of this last episode, you can still tell there is something wrong, and I suspect it is the director. If one actor shows poor chemistry during a show I'm usually inclined to believe it is that particular actor, but if all of the cast shows poor acting chops and chemistry I typically lean towards bad direction.

There is zero chemistry between the cast, which is a huge letdown after watching TWD. TWD is like family, and it shows.

Yes but they didn't get that way in 6 episodes, and people kept bagging on Lori, then Carl, then Michonne (Still want her killed off Robstyle? <G>), then whined when this character or that one got killed. The first season of TWD was OK, season 2 was a snoozefest that only picked up when Shane went off and had the great Walker Turkeyshoot. It's a rare show (Like Firefly) that hits the ground running. These are good Solid actors check their Bonafides on IMDB. Give them a chance to find their niche.

TWD had chemistry very early on. I just rewatched the first 2 seasons and I saw a lot of good acting and bonding between characters.

And like I said, I know the actors in FTWD are talented. I like their other work. That is what leads me to believe the show suffers from poor direction.

These characters aren't supposed to be bonded yet, that's the point, they are an atypical west coast group of self centered LA people. Each one will have to change as the world around them changes. If this took place in Portland(ia), there'd be more Plaid flannel, and no killing Walkers because that's livingist discrimination.

Do they not have a budget?

That ship scene looked terrible!!!

I could have photoshop'd that! lol

TOTALLY agree. I could create a more realistic scene on my iPhone. Heck, my 13 could. Couldn't they just, I don't know, shoot an actual boat? It was nice, but nothing special.

The characters are still completely insufferable. While I really enjoyed the pace of this last episode, you can still tell there is something wrong, and I suspect it is the director. If one actor shows poor chemistry during a show I'm usually inclined to believe it is that particular actor, but if all of the cast shows poor acting chops and chemistry I typically lean towards bad direction.

I agree the show suffers from bad directing and writing.

It could be off to an interesting start this season. I am guessing that guy she was talking to is part of a group who will try pirating the yacht. It was obviously a mistake giving Alicia the CB

Also interested to see what Strand's game plan is

It was pretty bad, i'll watch the next episode just in case. I kinda liked the walkers on the beach so the show has its moments but they are far apart.

That's officially the last FTWD episode I watch. It's all of the bad parts of TWD, with none of the entertaining aspects.

I honestly felt like I wasted my time watching last night.

Okay, for everyone who is saying they're gonna stop watching this show, go ahead and leave. This is the first episode of Season 2 of the show. I've seen dozens of Season 2 episodes of various shows that had started off weak. Yes, the characters are making stupid mistakes. But there wouldn't be a show if they didn't make mistakes, including easily avoidable ones. If you have an issue with that, then don't watch the show anymore. So long, farewell.

It isn't just their stupid choices. I'm able to look past those types of things in TWD because I enjoy the majority of the rest of it.

And as for your season premiere, that is your book chapter 1. It is supposed to be as engaging as possible in order to grab the viewers and make them want to see more. Instead of seeing that, here is a brief list of things I saw...

Terribly flat characters. Written poorly, and developed poorly.

Terrible chemistry between actors. TWD at least has TWD family and you can believe they care about each other on the small screen. FTWD has none of that.

In a similar vein, bad acting. With the exception of mysterious boat captain dude, I don't believe the performance of any of the actors... they all seem flat.

IT"S BORING! It is seriously every element nobody likes from TWD made into an hour. If you are going to make a horror-drama, where you put the zombies in the background, you better have some damn fine actors to produce some gripping drama and a beautiful script for them to work with. This show has neither, so you have a show with minimal zombies, and weak drama... not great.

And yeah, I'm done watching and I'm going to leave, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to voice my concerns for the show before I do. You can look forward to my comments dying off since I won't be able to complain about the future episodes. But I labored through that 1-hour drag they called the season 2 premiere, so I feel I'm pretty deserving of getting to say something about it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back