Fear The Walking Dead (spin off series)

I stopped watching this after the first two shows this half. Got tired of reading subtitles, does NOT feel like a zombie apocalypse (hey, were living on a baron ranch!), and I just don't care about the characters.

Oh well, TWD starts in just over a week.

So they left a camp FULL of supplies behind to run off? Really? I've struggled to like this show, but it's hard. I'm not really fond of any of the characters which makes it hard to stay engaged and the story line is generally weak. I don't see this making it more than another season.

I've got to say the first two episodes of the new season are actually written very well, I am really properly hooked by the storyline, the new characters and the way whats happened in the period between the end of the last series and the beginning of this is being shown. So far, one hell of an improvement.

So they left a camp FULL of supplies behind to run off? Really? I've struggled to like this show, but it's hard. I'm not really fond of any of the characters which makes it hard to stay engaged and the story line is generally weak. I don't see this making it more than another season.

We don't know the full story yet. There's a good chance they were raided and the camp destroyed. We know they had a camp, these "vultures" turned up and that they did something to them that drove Nick to murder one of them. It may also explain why Madison is missing from the "now" timeframe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just hope they can bring a character to the front that I can like as much as Nick. Morgan just does nothing for me, I was bored with him way before now. I do like SWAT van girl, tho.

I just hope they can bring a character to the front that I can like as much as Nick. Morgan just does nothing for me, I was bored with him way before now. I do like SWAT van girl, tho.

Yeah I still cant figure out why they did this, bring Morgan in and then you only have two of the originals left now because we still dont know what the deal is with Madison. Might just as well have everyone move to meet Rick at this point.

I just started picking this show back up after falling off around the season 2 mid point. I'm actually liking it a lot, now midway through season 3. Strand is the standout character to me, with Nick right behind him. Alisha is grating less, but I'm having a hard time relating to most of Madison's judgment calls, probably because I'm not a mom. I dunno, they all seemed to get over what a ****ing monster Troy is pretty quick, and that still sticks in my craw. I'll be caught up to the current season in another week or two, so it'll be interesting to see how that works. I assume there's a big time jump of some kind?

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Sorry, I can't resist lol

ftwd2.jpg

Started watching this show after stopping at the end of season 1. I like the new actors they've added, so I'm giving it another chance.

First thing that hit me though, this show doesn't adress the gasoline issue at all. Like, AT ALL? I mean the big villain is a roving band of people driving around in gas chugging vehicles.

I guess gas stations are still open in Texas.

Frankly if they pulled into my parking lot I'd be like "We don't have any fuel here, sorry" and then shoot the guy on the bicycle first. And then I would laugh out loud.

Started watching this show after stopping at the end of season 1. I like the new actors they've added, so I'm giving it another chance.

First thing that hit me though, this show doesn't adress the gasoline issue at all. Like, AT ALL? I mean the big villain is a roving band of people driving around in gas chugging vehicles.

I guess gas stations are still open in Texas.

Frankly if they pulled into my parking lot I'd be like "We don't have any fuel here, sorry" and then shoot the guy on the bicycle first. And then I would laugh out loud.

Speaking of which, still do not understand why the group doesnt just wipe the Vultures out of the parking lot when they are clearly more heavily armed and the other group has already made threats.

The "revelation" that Charlie was a mole was not something that hit for me. They're using open radios inside the stadium. Anybody outside could easily have picked up that radio chatter and learned everything the vultures knew. They didn't need a mole. Just a radio and some batteries for it. But just like gasoline, batteries seem to be one of those things the writers are not concerned with.

Well, I really didn't like any of the original cast and was mostly lost interest, but these new characters have got me wanting to watch it again.

This series is a mess. Let's kill everybody. The writers must have a series of storyboards and they throw their poop at it, and whatever it sticks to that week is what they go with.

Apparently there was such a brouhaha about possibly killing him off already that the showrunners had to confirm that he's NOT dead. To me, he's the most interesting character either series has delivered.

I had to stop watching TWD because even the acting is on my nerves, I can't stand the way Rick talks anymore. His affect is nearly as bad as Negan's, head-cocking and bizarre eyeline and all. But I digress.

Anyhow, Dorie is side by side with Tyreese as my favorite characters. Both are men who have the ability to be insanely dangerous if they so chose, but they insist on being meek. It's interesting for me, because these characters (in both series) are getting less and less relatable all the time.

Yeah, I've got to admit watching the latest episode "Laura" was like taking a punch in the guts. I really felt for John. As regards dangerous guys acting meek, one of the toughest guys I ever knew was a ex miner who was a part time nightclub bouncer. He was utterly fearless, and I mean UTTERLY. When he was a miner he was involved in a cave in that killed one of his co workers and trapped him. He was pretty close to death when they finally dug him out. I remember a bunch of us staying with him and his wife, and you never have met a quieter, gentler guy.
Yet as a bouncer he was deadly. The bigger door guys would handle the drunks, but as soon as the really physical trouble started he was just there and ended it. Literally. We did a few , very daft and dangerous things as a group, but I never saw him bothered at all. He just wasn't. I guess that's why this episode probably got to me more than most.

Remember the tin with Scrabble squares in?...I think it saved him, the bullet may have went through or deflected ,i think it's a flesh wound...Well not Center mass like N(i won't put the rest of the name ,cos spoilers and stuff)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back