Fear The Walking Dead (spin off series)

While that's true it's safe to say that at one point nobody was and that's what I'm referring to, ships that set out to sea [be]before[/b] the infection came into being. All of those people, including cruise liners, merchant ships, and other civilian vessels would be zombie virus free when all of this starts happening.

No, everyone everywhere carries it.

No, everyone everywhere carries it.

Now they do, but I don't think that it's ever been established that everyone has always had it since the dawn of time. I've always thought that it was something that everybody eventually got and now everybody is infected and not that everybody was born with it. So going by that there would be infection free zones on and beneath the ocean and in isolated parts of the world that could potentially remain so depending on the exact nature of transmission. If air born they could (theoretically) remain virus free as long as they don't come into contact with an outsider, if it's food or water then they'd pick it up as soon as they resupply.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I don't know, I just couldn't get into the show, and feel the realism of fear in the people...everyone to me just didn't seem like this life altering event was effecting most of them ....I know I would freak the he** out , if this was happening , and get out and keep moving out of town , into the mountains ....I just wasn't into the show...but I understand others loved it and why some hated it.....I guess its all about the mental aspect of what someone senses about a catastrophe

This is a peeve of mine too. In season two can someone freak out over the idea of the dead rising up to attack and eat tbe living?? The lack of zombie lore makes this sentiment even more necessary!

So basically the old man jump started the zombie apocalypse my unleashing thousands of zombies in the first zombie herd.

I like that they confirmed a suspicion from TWD. The bite doesn't turn you, but the infection from the bite speeds up the dying process, and then when you die you become a zombie.

I liked this episode a lot.

Now they do, but I don't think that it's ever been established that everyone has always had it since the dawn of time. I've always thought that it was something that everybody eventually got and now everybody is infected and not that everybody was born with it. So going by that there would be infection free zones on and beneath the ocean and in isolated parts of the world that could potentially remain so depending on the exact nature of transmission. If air born they could (theoretically) remain virus free as long as they don't come into contact with an outsider, if it's food or water then they'd pick it up as soon as they resupply.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

The downside of the virus always being inside humans since the dawn of time is why did it suddenly decide to activate or even mutate into the walker virus? I know i'm probably over thinking things but I'd be curious to find out why it suddenly became dangerous and if this isn't the first time that it may have happened.

The downside of the virus always being inside humans since the dawn of time is why did it suddenly decide to activate or even mutate into the walker virus? I know i'm probably over thinking things but I'd be curious to find out why it suddenly became dangerous and if this isn't the first time that it may have happened.

Don't ask me, Kerr is the one who seems to be suggesting that the virus has always been present. I've always thought that the virus was a pretty recent thing and that it's only now, several years later, that everybody is infected.

I must be one of the very few people who thought the finale was awesome. I liked all the build up and seeing how fast things went bad in the short time we have started getting to know the characters.

I'm looking forward to seeing a Season 2 and of course SUPER excited about this Sunday's return of TWD!!!

I must be one of the very few people who thought the finale was awesome. I liked all the build up and seeing how fast things went bad in the short time we have started getting to know the characters.

I'm looking forward to seeing a Season 2 and of course SUPER excited about this Sunday's return of TWD!!!

You're not alone here, the portrayal of the Nat. Guard aside, I've really enjoyed this series so far and I really liked the finale. I can't wait to see them reach Abigail and what happens from there.

Patience people, patience. Remember at this point in time, Rick Grimes is in the hospital napping. Those who said that Frank Dillane who plays Nick can't act...well he seemed to do OK as Tom Riddle in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Oh, and you may know the acting work of his Father Stephen Dillane...AKA Stannis Baratheon. On The Talking Dead Followup. Madison has a dark past that will out in season 2. Along with some other back stories and Remember, Rick ZGrimes wasn't made in a day, give Travis a chance. As a reminder about you guys jumping the gun etc. Here are some choice bits about TWD season 3 thread -

sorry guys but that chick with the sword looks really stupid.

Hoping to see Carol come out of her shell and become someone worth watching.

cant we just get back to losing the sword girl conversation.

Not liking Governor Elvis.

maybe next they will just kill of sword girl. Lamest character since RV man.

The comic is volumes better than the tv show.

Maybe next we can get sword girl eaten, blown up, lit on fire, flash fried... The permanent smelling farts face doesnt play well with others. Its like someone in the casting dept looks for this in potential irritating characters.

samurai girl is not working...maybe poor acting or character is poorly written on the show

Its all rick fault as always. I wouldnt him lead me into a mcdonalds for free cheeseburgers. Lets his family break all the rules and everyone suffers from it.

And YES Michonne is the weakest part of this ENTIRE show soo far.

If she is soo awesome with a sword... could they not find ONE black woman in the WORLD that knows how to properly HOLD a sword? Maybe even use it properly?
I WAAAAY would rather her get eaten than Tdog!

I bet once she breaks bad everyone will be saying I love me some Michonne she is so bad ass Lol, she might fill the T-Dog void.

The character has zero depth and a single facial expression. Again, as always, what may work in a comic may not transfer to moving pictures. Sword Girl is a prime example. Just a waste of screen time.

Like I said, sword girl doesnt work, maybe in a comic, not in moving pictures. Glad others are catching on so I can say I hated her first before it was cool.

Tyrese is a chubby mudder fugger

There is wide open story to tell here, give them a chance to tell it. Remember TWD season 2, Where's Sofia...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Don't ask me, Kerr is the one who seems to be suggesting that the virus has always been present. I've always thought that the virus was a pretty recent thing and that it's only now, several years later, that everybody is infected.

It would be an interesting spin on it just suddenly showing up, and the fact that everyone is infected makes things much bleaker as it makes a vaccine less likely. Pretty much it'd have to be wiping out the current walkers and rebuild with the survivors. Interesting thing would be adapting the world: as soon as you are pronounced dead at a hospital you'd have to get your brain destroyed.

It would be an interesting spin on it just suddenly showing up, and the fact that everyone is infected makes things much bleaker as it makes a vaccine less likely. Pretty much it'd have to be wiping out the current walkers and rebuild with the survivors. Interesting thing would be adapting the world: as soon as you are pronounced dead at a hospital you'd have to get your brain destroyed.

What you said actually reminded me of a short film script I written back in 2005 while I was at FSU called Handling The Dead. In the script, I have it follow a member of a small town's Organized Disposal Team that had to deal with zombies on a regular basis and how much he hates the job (but unlike the full blown outbreaks in a majority of zombie fiction, zombies are more like pests and the ODT are just glorified pest control). In one scene, he talks about how members have to be called to the hospital on a regular basis to put down recently deceased people.

But I agree that in the world of WD, as soon as you're pronounced dead, you should be put down. However, the typical rule of thumb in real life is "you're not dead until you're warm and dead" (as there have been some cases where people were believed to be dead, only to wake up hours later after being pronounced dead). So, I think it's best that instead of taking them out when pronounced dead, you strap the potential Walker to be until they wake up (like the experiment with the dying man in Season 3 of the regular show). If they act like any human would, then cut them loose. If they start to get bitey when you're near, then put them down.

There's no confirmation it even is a virus, really. Just that from a point forward, anyone who dies from anything except traumatic brain injury becomes a walker. And that's all that is really important. There's no quarantining anyone or 'infection free' areas. Everyone turns.

I'll go with gamma rays from a passing comet that bombarded the entire surface of the earth infecting everyone. Sounds as good as any other explanation.

I'll go with gamma rays from a passing comet that bombarded the entire surface of the earth infecting everyone. Sounds as good as any other explanation.

Thats a good explanation and makes sense in their universe. Druggie Jonny Depp kid needs to strap on a pair. I will only continue to watch in the hopes of seeing wussy dad strap on a 50 cal and start playing whack a mole with a grin.

There's no confirmation it even is a virus, really. Just that from a point forward, anyone who dies from anything except traumatic brain injury becomes a walker. And that's all that is really important. There's no quarantining anyone or 'infection free' areas. Everyone turns.

Like I said, depending on how exactly the virus is spread there would be a few infection free zones, none in the civilized world but in isolated parts of the world and on ships that set sail before the infection came about would be infection free and could be (theoretically) be kept infection free. If it's airborn it would be hard but doable if you kept away from all contact with other people and provided whatever the infection comes from, bacteria, virus, or other, doesn't linger outside of humans. If it's in the water and/or food then there's no way that anybody outside of some natives here and there that live completely off of the land would remain infection free.

finally got around to watching the finale, and for a brief moment I had seen hope, and it was to be zombie sharks, and then it ended.

The way this show is going it will be zombie jellyfish.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back