D.C.'s Supergirl (tv series)

At this point I would have to pick this one over Flash. While this show is certainly no prize, Flash has gotten really stupid lately. Cringe worthy in fact.

At this point I would have to pick this one over Flash. While this show is certainly no prize, Flash has gotten really stupid lately. Cringe worthy in fact.

All of them have. Flash sucks. Arrow sucks. Supergirl sucks. And the problem with all of them is that they've stopped being superhero shows and started being dramas aimed at preteens. That's what happens when you stick them on a crappy channel like CW.

I seem to remember when both Flash and Supergirl started, I stated that they would be remembered as the Xena and Hercules of their day. If I recall correctly somebody (I don't remember who) told me No because those old shows were campy and didn't take themselves seriously and these did.

Still think that way?

This season is a complete waste to me due to Reign. I don't care about her, and I don't care about her human host, nor her daughter. Don't care don't care don't care.

(...well, ALMOST a waste. Grrowl)

Attachments

• supergirl-3x10.jpg
    supergirl-3x10.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 100
This season is a complete waste to me due to Reign. I don't care about her, and I don't care about her human host, nor her daughter. Don't care don't care don't care.

Every single one of these shows has suffered from cast bloat. Arrow was the worst, I didn't care about any of his team and all the idiotic drama there. Flash is second, with all of the metas that show up every week. Supergirl got up there this year bringing back Legion characters from the future. I don't care about any of them, I care about the core cast of characters and nothing else. And every single show screws it all up.

My wife and I are generally in favor of gun control, but we both laughed out loud at last night's episode and how on-the-nose they were with their messaging.

Such a pity, I was so happy at first to have a Kryptonian hero that was not dark, gritty and brooding again.
Damn it.

My wife and I are generally in favor of gun control, but we both laughed out loud at last night's episode and how on-the-nose they were with their messaging.

I'd have to agree.

The option for the DEO to go to non-lethal weapons was a bit eye-rolling - in both directions. You don't simply quit without trying the alternative - but you also don't give the ultimatum without HAVING the alternative.

I'd have to agree.

The option for the DEO to go to non-lethal weapons was a bit eye-rolling - in both directions. You don't simply quit without trying the alternative - but you also don't give the ultimatum without HAVING the alternative.

Oh, I just meant how SUPER OBVIOUS they were being about stuff like the "Whatsit 14" rifle and bump stocks (which, notably, DID NOT APPEAR ON ANY WEAPONS that I could tell). The whole thing was just done in a really ham-fisted manner. Like, ok, you want to make a point about a given social topic. Fine and dandy. But at least do so with maybe a modicum of subtlety that doesn't treat the viewer like an idiot. This one just screamed THIS IS OUR GUN CONTROL EPISODE. WE ARE DOING A GUN CONTROL EPISODE, AND THIS EPISODE IS THE ONE WE ARE DOING ON GUN CONTROL.

Another problem with this kind of thing.
It severely DATES the show, makes it too much a product of triggered Hollywood writers concerns over the political talking
points of the last 10 minutes on their smart phone. YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a right way and a wrong way to tell morality tales.
Look at Twilight Zone, over fifty years later the stories still resonate! TIMELESS.

I mean it's not even a morality tale, just political bullying with a rigged plot.

Geez, "Laserblast" was a better guns are bad movie.
Look what happened to that kid? LOL

We were in the same boat. It was pretty heavy handed.
That being said, for a show about someone who can punch all their problems to death but doesn't, I can't say I've been surprised at how progressive the writers seem to be.

I'm glad that after this season, we are officially dropping every show on CW and every show that Berlanti has a hand in. We're just done with this drama-for-the-sake-of-drama stupidity.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back