D.C.'s Supergirl (tv series)

2cd6bd510877987.png

PLEASE stay away from Power Girl, series. that is the most STUPID and STereo typical comic book design with D Cups that i've ever seen.

...not really sure where you're getting Power Girl from...

Yeah, nothing in that picture says Power Girl to me. In fact, it's a pretty straight representation of this iconic cover from Crisis on Infinite Earths
Crisis_on_Infinite_Earths_7.jpg

Besides... even if they DID bring Power Girl in, there's nothing saying her costume would be the same.

isn't that where power girl started after that series? admittedly my knowledge is limited, but that's what i seem to remember.

Power Girl is just the Earth 2 counterpart of Supergirl (the comics Earth 2, that is, not the CWverse Earth 2). You might be thinking of Galatea, which was a clone of Supergirl specifically in the Justice League Unlimited animated show, whose appearance was based on the comic book's depiction of Power Girl.

Yeah, nothing in that picture says Power Girl to me. In fact, it's a pretty straight representation of this iconic cover from Crisis on Infinite Earths
View attachment 675690

Besides... even if they DID bring Power Girl in, there's nothing saying her costume would be the same.

No, there isn't, except that when they did the reboot of the comic book universe, out of all the changes to all the characters, the biggest uproar was the change to Power Girl's uniform. It was so loud of an uproar that DC reversed the change and brought her iconic boob window costume back.

While a lot of the uproar had to do with the obvious thing (her having and using the Most Common Superpower), the remade costume was pretty bad.

2326505-worldsfinest1.jpg

No, there isn't, except that when they did the reboot of the comic book universe, out of all the changes to all the characters, the biggest uproar was the change to Power Girl's uniform. It was so loud of an uproar that DC reversed the change and brought her iconic boob window costume back.

While a lot of the uproar had to do with the obvious thing (her having and using the Most Common Superpower), the remade costume was pretty bad.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/47589/2326505-worldsfinest1.jpg

i would think it wouldn't be too bad except for the odd design on the boob.

just keep the red to the top of the chest in a square shape and i think it could work.

one of the things i loved in the Young Justice cartoon is that they gave bat girl an actual uniform with some yellow in it IIRC. I hope they do the same for her super girl showing.

Oh good lord this friggin show. I'm 23 minutes in. The storylines are so...so....so basic. Too basic. By far.

Just because your target audience might be a bit younger, there really is no reason to go so on the nose with the character "arcs". :confused

And yet....BOOM, Miss Martian reveal and I'm hooked in like a complete sucker again.

*self hate intensifies*

Last edited:
I can deal without all the in-jokes about the current election. So damn lame.

Glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. I'm about ready to bail on this show as it's becoming too preachy, too politically correct and quite frankly too annoying to sit through on a weekly basis. I know there will be crossovers from all the other DC shows on the CW that I might miss, but at this point I don't really care anymore.

Glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. I'm about ready to bail on this show as it's becoming too preachy, too politically correct and quite frankly too annoying to sit through on a weekly basis. I know there will be crossovers from all the other DC shows on the CW that I might miss, but at this point I don't really care anymore.

It's been that way from the start.

and something i was HOPING they'd get rid of when they moved to the CW.

just cause it's a show about a girl doesn't mean they have to get all heavy and preachy. just make it a fun show about a girl.

why is that so hard these days?

What election jokes did I miss? In the show universe, Lynda Carter is President and it isn't election season. Unless, again, I missed it...

She's a woman, who is President... so, I dunno, people are going to assume it's referencing current politics. Same way they assume that everything the female characters do is deliberately shoving feminism at them rather than being, y'know.. plot.

If that episode had come out at any other time I wouldn't have have given it a second thought, but since it did, it seemed quite obvious to me that pretty much every scene involving the president was a huge push for Hillary and making cracks about Trump. But take it as you will.

If that episode had come out at any other time I wouldn't have have given it a second thought, but since it did, it seemed quite obvious to me that pretty much every scene involving the president was a huge push for Hillary and making cracks about Trump. But take it as you will.

To m, it's simple. until we actually have a woman president, after about 200 years, it comes off as SJW stuff. or as noted in this case, just election fodder jokes.
Besides, can't have a girl power show without a woman president, now can we?

the other stuff i wish the show would stop, is the real world mention stuff. No more kardashian refs. no more police body camera stuff (although I guess that one could slide...). Stuff like that really takes you out of the fictional show world. just like having julie chen guest star.. ugh.

:rolleyes

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back