D.C.'s Supergirl (tv series)

The costume is ok by me, clever use of leggings to counter balance the skirt problem, it does have a home made wave, but from what I read it is home made by her neighbour or something like that. The actress however, doesn't strike me as Kara in these pics, no the way Cavill embodies Superman or Vandervoort in smallville. I don't know what it is exactly though.

I think the dark and muted tones are killing some of the integrity of the characters and what they stand for. And the actress, while attractive, just doesn't look like she at all fits the role of Supergirl.

Not a fan of the upper leg coverings, too. It looks like a great fan-made cosplay paying homage to Supergirl in the spirit of Man of Steel, but at the same time just doesn't look like the right fit for the role. And the outlined logo on the chest reminds me of one of those semi cheesy womens playful NFL football jerseys.

Surprisingly, I don't hate it. I think a bit of an accent color in the boots would've made it better and I kind of question the use of pantyhose over pants (trust me, those things are a major pain in the ass), but overall, it's not bad.

My only complaint is that there's no yellow background on the S. Much better than what Cavill's wearing... and they got the S emblem right (for the most part - the bottom serif of the S should be circular).

The dark background might make this look a little darker than it really is and the textured costumes are here to stay.

This Supergirl outfit, in my opinion, is a bit of a letdown. There's nothing that stands out about it as particularly spectacular. I daresay that it's a bit amateurish and not what you would hope to get out of a professional costume department. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, but it could definitely be better.

With Arrow, Ollie's costume is busy enough to be interesting while retaining the Green Arrow look. Same for Arsenal and Sara Lance's Canary.

The Flash's costume is utilitarian while maintaining the classic look, and the three-dimensional chestpiece really makes it stand out. Reverse Flash's costume, with the yellow fading to black, creates an interesting effect.

I'm not bad with the outfit, just don't know about the casting. That girl just doesn't look like what I envision--just not "super" enough. But I'll reserve judgement.

Yikes! The outfit is a bit dark and the actress just plain looks like a dork. I've seen cosplayers at cons that did it much better.

These remarks are pretty much the exact same ones everyone said about Stephen Amell and his costume initially and Grant Gustin and his. Jumping to detract.

Har har.

No they complained on the colour tones, details, logo colours, textures, footwear, fabric choices etc.

There is no pleasing some. If it's close to comic it's cheap and looks like a cosplay costume, if it's too different they are disrespecting the comics. Its a lose-lose.

The same comments were made about every show, and if Lois and Clark came out now I am sure the same remarks would flood the Internet.

I'm torn on the costume, but personally, I'd love to see an evolving costume. Start off with something more real-world-clothing and over time morph it into a true Super Suit.

As for the actress, I haven't seen her act yet so I can't judge on it. She doesn't exactly LOOK the part I see in my head, but that is because I've always preferred 'super' characters to really stand out and she looks more average than I'd have envisioned. Pretty, but not striking. Still, I haven't seen her in action so who knows. Maybe they purposely went the route of a more average person, who knows. Just because it's not what *I* would do doesn't make it wrong or bad, it just makes it not what I had expected and hoped for.

"WAAAAAAAH It's not how I imagined it in my head, therefore it's utter garbage!!!!" - The Internet

Funny thing is, I remember back when the first photo of Michael Keaton in the bat suit was revealed on the cover of Starlog, and even back then, everyone had basically the same reactions that everyone has today over every super hero costume ever. You would think there would eventually come a day when people would say "eh, I guess I'll have to see how it looks on screen, and how the show is" before losing their minds.

But I guess not :D

Pretty, but not striking.

Thank you for saying that because I was going to, but realized it would come across (or might actually be) sexist. I then told myself that the character is SuperGIRL, not SuperHotBarelyLegal, and to give it a chance for what it is. :lol

To be fair, while I kinda like Keaton's portrayal of Bruce Wayne, I still think he looks nothing like him. It's less important behind the mask of course, but super girl doesn't have a mask...

On that note, I deviate a moment to mention that Supergirl not having a mask is making my life hell right now as I try to figure out a good helmet for Viking Supergirl for my friend to go with my Viking Batgirl costume.

Okay, back to the regular topic now.

Even in the comics (waaayy back comics ;) ) I never cared for Supergirl, she always seemed like a "shoe-horned" character that was brought in just to get the "girl" market in comic book sales. I'd rather see a Wonder Woman TV show but, been-there-done-that.
The costume is OK, I like the idea of an evolving costume when doing an origin story so maybe it will start out simpler at the beginning and eventually become what we see in the pictures.
I've never seen Smallville, but one of the DVD boxes showed Clark with just an "S" painted on his chest, perhaps she'll start out with the same concept, it would certainly increase viewers for the opening episode! J/K ;)

Looks good enough to me. I think the real question will be how it looks in action. Grant Gustin's flash costume looked weird in the pictures of him running on set, but once you add in the F/X, it works great. My bet is this will play out similarly.

The thing I think is more of an issue is that DC isn't taking a focused marketing strategy with its IP and is, instead, being extremely scattershot about it. Two shows on one network, one show on another, and fourth show on another, and no network connected to the other. Oh, and let's not forget that all of these things are completely unrelated to the films that will be coming out.

Comparing that to Marvel's MCU and its two TV shows, it just seems...really ill-advised.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back