12th Doctor Crombie

Got it, thanks. I had the more common (dark blue or black) ones in mind though.

I'm still not sure if there is a different non-pleated pair as well this season since in a couple of instances there appear to be none but last season (and what appears to be some this season?) they were Paul Smith slim fit trousers.

Got it, thanks. I had the more common (dark blue or black) ones in mind though.

I see. For those you'll probably be best getting a pair of slim non pleated navy trousers and cuffing them and the bottom. I found a pair at H&M that look pretty much perfect for about $30 USD. Unless you want his Series 8 trousers... Then that would be much harder as I don't believe the original trousers have yet been identified. Replicating the look is hard too as the pleat isn't a normal pleat. It's facing the other direction (Which I've heard referred to as darting, I think?) and I haven't been able find any similar trousers in stores or online anywhere.

My iTailor coat arrived today, and while it's a little wrinkled, I thought I'd show it off. I'll take some better quality photos tomorrow when the light is better.

IMG_1652.JPG IMG_1653.JPG IMG_1654.JPG

The quality is nice, and they did take the red lining to the edge as I requested. I'll probably end up taking the iTailor logo off the inside of the jacket (sorry iTailor), and sew on some red buttons to the sleeves. Question is, which buttons? I bought two kinds in preparation, and one is lighter and matches the red trim, and one is a little darker and matches the overall red lining. The picture doesn't do the color justice, but the left one are the darker buttons.

IMG_1655.JPG

My iTailor coat arrived today, and while it's a little wrinkled, I thought I'd show it off. I'll take some better quality photos tomorrow when the light is better.

View attachment 554630 View attachment 554631 View attachment 554632

The quality is nice, and they did take the red lining to the edge as I requested. I'll probably end up taking the iTailor logo off the inside of the jacket (sorry iTailor), and sew on some red buttons to the sleeves. Question is, which buttons? I bought two kinds in preparation, and one is lighter and matches the red trim, and one is a little darker and matches the overall red lining. The picture doesn't do the color justice, but the left one are the darker buttons.

View attachment 554633
I'd go with the lighter ones. Looks great!

And voila:

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender_1.jpg

Buttons were a bit of a pain, I sewed them to the original buttons so I didn't have to remove them, leaving enough space so they could slip through the button holes by themselves. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the iTailor jacket as an alternative to the 12th Doctor Crombie, and I would definitely recommend it.

I bought it, and returned it immediately. It was a sub par Halloween costume quality jacket.

Still waiting on my iTailor jacket. Bought it on the 9th, still yet to ship. Anyone receive theirs yet?

I disagree. I think its a decent enough jacket, particularly when you consider it costs about 1/5 of the price of an Abbyshot coat. And I am qualified to compare. I own Abbyshot's Tenth Doctor long coat, Eleventh Doctor tweed jacket (the collar and shoulders of which are AWFUL), Eleventh Doctor green coat and an Abbyshot Mal Reynolds coat.

I bought the same coat on Amazon. It was a kind of felt-like quality, with the outer blue fabric feeling quite cheap, and it didn't line up with the inner (also cheap) red fabric, making it billowy. The coat was also quite loose fitting, and one of the buttons fell off on the one occasion I wore it. I wouldn't recommend it personally, because for the price they're asking for, you can just get an actual jacket. Something like this should be much cheaper. That's my opinion.

I've been doing a litte bit of research, and it seems Abbyshot's version of the coat is no longer available in most sizes. Does anyone know why and if they will continue to make them?

I've been doing a litte bit of research, and it seems Abbyshot's version of the coat is no longer available in most sizes. Does anyone know why and if they will continue to make them?

They're not making another batch. I've heard that they're going to focus on doing a single production run of future products and not restock them after selling out, just a limited production before moving onto the next project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're not making another batch. I've heard that they're going to focus on doing a single production run of future products and not restock them after selling out, just a limited production before moving onto the next project.

That's a pity. What are some other good options with reasonable prices?

Last edited:
Well, I decided to take a chance and pre-order Abbyshot's 12th Doctor red velvet coat. I'll make a review of sorts for everyone. I'm excited to see how it will work. :)

That's a pity. What are some other good options with reasonable prices?

Not much with the same price to accuracy ratio as the AbbyShot to be honest. Excluding the more expensive stuff it's either go to an oriental cosplay company or reline a similar off the shelf coat.

I thought I'd follow through and comment on Abbyshot's 12th Doctor red velvet coat.

Honestly... it was a bitter disappointment. The craftsmanship was awful. The fabric felt cheap and feeling it made me want to wash my hands, the cut was strange, and it simply did not feel like a proper coat.

So, because of that, I was able to return it. I had a long wait to get refunded, but their support and sympathy was incredible. Since this was my first purchase from them, it's left me very disappointed and I am still unsure if I'll go back for another purchase, but I'm glad they were kind and helpful. After reading various reviews about their stuff, I expected to get something of worth and able to wear on a regular basis. I hope it was just a bad first experience, but I'm unsure.

And while I'm here, as anyone had any issues with the blog from Steve Ricks? The last post I have on the 12th Doctor blog is from November of last year. Has he not updated stuff in a while?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back