12th Doctor Crombie

Honestly, some of the nicest customer service I've had in a long while. You can tell it has been written by someone, not a bot, something rare these days. They say that once you have placed an order, if you respond to info@itailor.com and tell them your customization, they will do it for you. I personally would provide a reference image, if you want dead on accuracy to Capaldi's coat. I probably won't be getting one for a while though, my wallet needs time to recover after London Comic-Con...

Ok cool, I really don't need to get one right at the moment either but got more interested in 12's outfit and was looking at options. Just spent too much at DragonCon, got 11's Green Overcoat and finally his Donegal which I didn't need to spend on but was too good to pass up having not found a good one in my size. Just bought the Misty Mountains Shirt for 12 too...so.

Still curious about what AbbyShot come up with but I am liking the iTailor option...wish I could get a good shot of where the pockets on Capaldi's coat is too, may look again.

I can't find the "crombie" choice on the tailor.... unless it's the normal overcoat function... but it doesn't offer red lining, etc. I might be in the wrong place...

I can't find the "crombie" choice on the tailor.... unless it's the normal overcoat function... but it doesn't offer red lining, etc. I might be in the wrong place...

Yeah it's just under the overcoat option in the designer. There was a few red lining options, just double checked and there is light, dark and a couple of dotted pattern options. From what they told me to send the request to extend the lining after (within 24 hours I believe) you submit your order. Should request the lapel button hole if you want it as well. Looks like iTailor might be the best bet as I did find another that looks possibly better in a couple of small ways as well as a nice dark blue fabric but they said they couldn't extend the lining like iTailor was in the beginning... Don't recall if I had chosen the longer or shorter option but was using this to try and get the idea about the lining across.

T4L Compare.jpg

Yeah it's just under the overcoat option in the designer. There was a few red lining options, just double checked and there is light, dark and a couple of dotted pattern options. From what they told me to send the request to extend the lining after (within 24 hours I believe) you submit your order. Should request the lapel button hole if you want it as well. Looks like iTailor might be the best bet as I did find another that looks possibly better in a couple of small ways as well as a nice dark blue fabric but they said they couldn't extend the lining like iTailor was in the beginning... Don't recall if I had chosen the longer or shorter option but was using this to try and get the idea about the lining across.

View attachment 536313

Ah, I've been going to itailor.com instead of tailor4less. This is perfect! I think this is the best option so far for under 300 it's great

Last edited:
Ah, I've been going to itailor.com instead of tailor4less. This is perfect! I think this is the best option so far for under 300 it's great

iTailor was the version that was being talked about and may still be the better option if you want to get the lining extended to the edge as Capaldi's is, they finally offered to do it. I think I like the collar and color a little bit more on Tailor4Less as well as the outer pockets look farther back like Capladi's but they wont extend the lining. :(

iTailor was the version that was being talked about and may still be the better option if you want to get the lining extended to the edge as Capaldi's is, they finally offered to do it. I think I like the collar and color a little bit more on Tailor4Less as well as the outer pockets look farther back like Capladi's but they wont extend the lining. :(

That's weird... cause I still can't find it anywhere on tailor's site.... but the one on tailor4less isn't bad

Maybe it's my perception on the site but the coat that is pictures seems much longer than the crombie style coat....

Yeah, you just have to specify the length and they will make it to that. Same with the lining/button hole, no direct option but you can tell them what you want.

That's a good question, my personal preference would be for the darker red but I think the brighter looks closer to what it appears in most images. Some of the close up pics look darker where you can see the navy/dark pattern but overall I want to say the brighter would be better. Curious as to others opinions though.

Does Abbyshot have any plans to make Capaldi's coat? It's been quite a while since we've first seen the coat, so I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen Abbyshot's yet.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back