TASM2 Suit, detachable hood or attached hood?

jarebear

So I'm in high school and I've been looking at a lot of youtube videos and suits on the RPF and I've finally decided to start building my own TASM2 suit. I have most of it planned out but before ordering it I need to decide if I want a detached hood or an attached hood. I've seen people with both and I'm just not sure what to choose because I would like to be able to remove it but I also want the neck to look good and not be all wrinkled and I'm worried about skin showing. Could you possibly tell me what you chose and what are the pros and cons that you find and if you could post pictures of your hoods that would be awesome! Thank you everyone!

Attached gives you the seamless one piece look, the detachable depending on how its done you can tell its 2 pieces as you see the ridges in the neck area

So I'm in high school and I've been looking at a lot of youtube videos and suits on the RPF and I've finally decided to start building my own TASM2 suit. I have most of it planned out but before ordering it I need to decide if I want a detached hood or an attached hood. I've seen people with both and I'm just not sure what to choose because I would like to be able to remove it but I also want the neck to look good and not be all wrinkled and I'm worried about skin showing. Could you possibly tell me what you chose and what are the pros and cons that you find and if you could post pictures of your hoods that would be awesome! Thank you everyone!

Most of the time I've noticed if the hood is tucked properly you can't tell it's disconnected unless you're really looking. I'm getting a detached hood and if it's too loose I'm going to attach a bit of elastic. (Obviously not too tight, don't wanna die or anything.)

Most of the time I've noticed if the hood is tucked properly you can't tell it's disconnected unless you're really looking. I'm getting a detached hood and if it's too loose I'm going to attach a bit of elastic. (Obviously not too tight, don't wanna die or anything.)

Ok thanks but what exactly do you mean by attach a piece of elastic? And once your suit arrives do you think you could show me some pics of how the neck line looks and things?

Ok thanks but what exactly do you mean by attach a piece of elastic? And once your suit arrives do you think you could show me some pics of how the neck line looks and things?

You know how some sweat pants and stuff have elastic on the bottom? Like that. Not enough to choke me but just enough to make it a tight fit. And sure! I'm going to have a build thread as soon as the print comes in, and then I'll have to get Trophywife to sew it, but she's very busy so I don't know how long that will take.

Trophywife has my suit right now, and I too had to ponder the attached vs detached question. I wanted a removable mask, I guess so I can pose with it off and such, but it looks like I'm going with the attached where it can open and rest in front. I've heard it's what looks the best when in full get-up, but still gives you the freedom to let your head out should you feel like it. It's actually the very thing Andrew Garfield had done in TASM2, and I think I can live with it.

andrew-garfield-amazing-spider-man-2-unmasked.jpgAndrew-Garfield-lounged-sweatpants-between-shooting-scenes-NYC.jpgarticle-0-19BB9B8D000005DC-246_634x894.jpg

The cool thing about even if you get it attached, it's easy to get another mask file, and make it a detached one instead! :D

i went with the detach as i'm sure i can easily mod it to give it a nice look by hiding the zipper

- - - Updated - - -

i went with the detach as i'm sure i can easily mod it to give it a nice look by hiding the zipper

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back