Space: Above & Beyond - screen used props

It has a following, c'mon now! See!? I must admit, though it's small and I swear it nearly takes some kinda acid flashback for people to remember it.. It IS fun when someone actually DOES remember it and doesn't mistake it for Aliens or something of the like. Truly sad that it never did get a fair run, and I really wish that nowadays that SciFi is more accepted amongst folks, that they'd give it another go. Honestly.. I think it was a damn case of being just too ahead of it's time. Funny someone mentioned Firefly. On another site, there's a great shot of one of the S:AAB helmets in plain view. There's some great stuff that a few of you have and it would sure be great to get some chigs around for the groundpounders. You'd have takers! Rook.. Sorry man, hope you don't mind ;)
SAABDC091.jpg

aw shucks :) but hey.. It worked out alright I thought. We'll ALL look better the next go around, it's just great seeing so many people gettin their hands on items that in the past, have been so extremely hard to find!

My name is Kim Bailey, if you look online or in the Credits of SAAB you will find I am the guy who designed your SA-43 Cockpit. Congrats on the win and it seems you go the good one.

Hey kbsfx , nice work there

When I was at the EMP/SFM in Seattle for the BSG exhibit opening weekend, I went looking for the Chig ambassador armor. I was told it’s in storage, as was a lot of other stuff from the expanded area downstairs that has since been closed up. Drat!
I recently found someone who had bought out a props house in LA and bought a box of leftover castings and such from the production. I got a rifle muzzle (cast in resin) and a hard-rubber holster for an M-70. It didn’t have any holes for the snap or frame to suspend it. I had been at a loss as to how to hang my M-70 from the belt as the resin holster I have is about as durable as an eggshell. This rubber holster resolved the problem. I added the frame and put in a snap using a rivet gun and it’s well secured on my web gear now. As I know it was production-made but not screen-used (I had to grind and sand off a lot of casting mold flash), I didn’t feel too bad about modifying it for use.
snapz002.jpg

As for my screen-used flight suit, I have been thinking for quite some time that this wasn’t likely Winslow’s suit after all. So I pulled out her episodes and now I think it wasn’t hers after all. None of her flight suits (it was easy to check for the few times she’s seen wearing one) is missing both the Mars and Wildcards patches.
I think this suit is very likely the one worn in the episode, “Eyes,” by LT Pisarek, played by Josie DiVincenzo. She was one of the replacements who showed up. She’s very small, about the size this suit is for, and the patches are a dead match. I need to get some screen caps, I know it’s best seen at around exactly 24:00 into that episode when she stands up, otherwise it’s hard to see. You can clearly tell it’s one of the import cheap suits with the zipper at the hips as well. Why it says, “Winslow” on it baffles me as I no longer think at all that this was ever one of her suits.
winslowFSfront.jpg

You're looking for the Chig Ambassador?
Look no further :lol

I still have to find a mannequin to properly display it.

I´m glad to see so many nice items of this show still around!
I loved it and like many others i didn´t quite understood why the took it down.

Hey Frank, you´re also into S:AAB stuff? Germany is coming up, huh? :love
Btw. do you have the complete season in german language? As far as i know it was never released in german, or am i mistaken?

@RoCKo: I don't think they ever released a dvd with a german language track. Sorry

@Thermal: I would love to see what you got :lol

I´m glad to see so many nice items of this show still around!
I loved it and like many others i didn´t quite understood why the took it down.

Hey Frank, you´re also into S:AAB stuff? Germany is coming up, huh? :love
Btw. do you have the complete season in german language? As far as i know it was never released in german, or am i mistaken?

I was surprised to see a complete Chig from S:AAB in pics of somone´s collection over here in Germany. And that was at least five years ago. Lots of closet collectors around, I bet ;)

Yeah, you´re right! I know the owner of the Chig costume and he has a whole lot of other interesting stuff in his collection including a huge SST collection.
Have a look on yourprops.com under the username alienmarine2000, great guy and a amazing collection.

I don´t know if he´s a member here, though.

Last edited:
Heres a picture of my Space Above and beyond things.

resin chig rifle
resin marine rifle
Resin marine pistol
Chig flamethrower from pilot episode

rubber chig boot with hay inside probably a backup/not finished item

Heres a picture of my Space Above and beyond things.

resin chig rifle
resin marine rifle
Resin marine pistol
Chig flamethrower from pilot episode

rubber chig boot with hay inside probably a backup/not finished item

Does your M590 Rifle have a "Hero" screen ? If so could you post a close up pic ?

Here's a few new additions to my collection.

Hard Rubber M70 Pistol.

M70 Pistol Holster and Belt.

Hero Smart Grenade.

Saratoga Coffee Cup.

MacARTHUR Engine Room 102A Sign.

MacARTHUR SCV-19501 Ship Sign.

IVA Secuarity Pass.

Tank Cargo Manifests, Blue, Grey.

X-1 Diner Menu.

Unused Hammerhead Cockpit Decals.

Production Used Printouts of the Saratoga and ISSCV 3D models.

Karl....

Last edited:
one of my fav shows, id love to own some original pros form it, but money restricts, dont think id ever be lucky enough to have something as cool as a whole cockpit though, admit it you sit in it going "neooownnnn pew pew" when no ones looking haha

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back