Space: Above & Beyond - screen used props

fox did the same with firefly. I never understand american tv execs. intentionally killing their own shows.

its not doing well, we want to kill it, they dump it in a graveyard slot and then point to the viewing figures saying 'oh look, its crap'

One thing about SAAB being scrapped was the FOX Network wanted Wong, and Morgan back on X-Files. How else do you do that when you have two great TV shows. Sabotage is such a mean word, but what else can you call it.

Pics of some new additions to my small collection.

Tellus Colonist Helmet.

100_0287.jpg

100_0290.jpg

100_0289.jpg

Demo Pack.
The timer lights up, but doesn't countdown.

100_0272.jpg

100_0275.jpg

100_0274.jpg

Wavefinder.

100_0276.jpg

100_0280.jpg

100_0283.jpg

100_0285.jpg

Karl....

I still have fond memories of S:AAB. As I understand it, it was Chris Carter that exerted pressure on Fox to get his best writers back, hence the bad time slots for the show. It stayed around for one year at least, so I am thankful for that.

In my own case, I would love to have a Hammerhead pilot helmet. I've got a replica flight suit stiched up from a standard issue Nomex military one. It does the job even if the collar isn't quite right and has too big a US flag patch on one arm, but the rest of the patches are there and in the proper places at least.

I'd love a helmet also, but the guys I know that have them won't let them go. One guy has around 4 of them, and still no go on releasing them. I do have the cockpit, so it would be a great match to have one of the flight helmets.

On an other note the SpaceAboveAndBeyond.tv site forum page has been down a while. Damn spammers did that. It took me a while to track down the site owner, and offered to help, but he didn't except the offer. I guess he thinks the site is better off not up than fixing it. It is a shame, since it is the only SAAB web site.

Hi Guys,
Just thought I would share some of what I have left after the show ended.

Enjoy.

4519403581_11fe554acd.jpg

4519405765_8802660739.jpg

4520043940_722c86fbba.jpg

4519415249_42d14f6716.jpg

4520053160_f99d029a28.jpg

More as I find it.

HMS Mike

PS. I do have the masters for the flight helmets.

Very kewl Mike, is that a field radio pack ? looking forward to seeing what else
you've got stashed away :rolleyes

SM...

Friggin awesome Mike. You got one of the SECURITY helmets too sweet.
Like SM I too look forward to seeing what else you have :D

Jason

Hi guys,
I have 2 of the black helmets. I still have the masters to the helmet camera and the ground back pack ( the ones that the tubes go to the helmet) as well.
I am going through storage and cleaning things out and finding a lot of stuff that I had forgot about.
I also just found my set of dog tags.

HMS Mike

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I have 2 of the black helmets. I still have the masters to the helmet camera and the ground back pack ( the ones that the tubes go to the helmet) as well.
I am going through storage and cleaning things out and finding a lot of stuff that I had forgot about.
I also just found my set of dog tags.

HMS Mike

Man, you're lucky to have all this kewl stuff. Do you have any costume
Patches ?

Karl...

Hello GoldCylon... My name is Kim Bailey, if you look online or in the Credits of SAAB you will find I am the guy who designed your SA-43 Cockpit. Congrats on the win and it seems you go the good one. If you have any questions on your cockpit let me know. We still have the power supply that runs that cockpit and if you look on some of the circuit boards you will see SFX Starlight Effects on the circuit trace. Should you restore the cockpit and get it working again, let me know. All of my photos were stolen in 1996 and I am looking to take a set of new ones. If you like, you can reach me at kim@kimbailey.com

Kim

The heck with a model, when I have the real thing :lol
Space_Above_Beyond_SciFi_hero_cockpit_dash_throttle.sized.jpg

I know I'd like to see some pics of the cocpit lighting power supply as I too own one of them. :D

On an other note the SpaceAboveAndBeyond.tv site forum page has been down a while. Damn spammers did that. It took me a while to track down the site owner, and offered to help, but he didn't except the offer. I guess he thinks the site is better off not up than fixing it. It is a shame, since it is the only SAAB web site.

The best SAAB info site still running now are the subforums at Scifihero.net, located here:

http://www.scifihero.net/forums/index.php?showforum=427

Im surprised to see such a following.

What are you talking about? There's no fan following of this show.

spaced3.jpg

:D

Russ

A few pictures of my cockpit...

These were taken the day it arrived. And in case anyone is wondering... it's reeeeeeallllly big and heavy. :)

mycockpit3.jpg

How many people does it take to scre... I mean, remove a 12 foot, 1500 lb crate out of a truck? Answer: 4.
How many should it take? Probably more than we had. :D

mycockpit13.jpg

"Well, you see son, the Flux Capacitor connects to the Occilation Overthruster and...

...it looks like you need an oil change and a good dusting."

mycockpit16.jpg

mycockpit17.jpg

mycockpit18.jpg

(L to R) Ben, Nick's Brother; Nick, Ben's brother; me and Jay.

mycockpit19.jpg

mycockpit20.jpg

mycockpit21.jpg

mycockpit22.jpg

I had removed the left "monitor" myself before the picture was taken, so I DO actually have it. However, there is supposed to be
another display under the flight yoke that my cockpit is missing. :(

It needs some serious stripping (bow chicka wow wow) and repainting. Plus that whole hooking up the lighting thing.
*sigh*

Russ

Can't help with the Chig rifle, but a couple of people are working
on getting the Marine rifles done.

Just have to see who makes it to the finish line first. :)

Russ

The show also suffered from the fact that you'd miss half of it because it got preempted for football season or they didn't bother putting it on at all. There was like 5 episodes i didn't see because the games always ran over into its time slot.

yep. Another show that suffered because the brain trust at TCFox doesn't understand SciFi. Firefly anyone?

I can't understand why nobody picked the series up for production after Fox closed the doors. They had all the sets, props and costumes available at that time. Sadly, the vast majority of it all is long gone now.

The Saratoga set for example was burned down. :(

Granted, at the time of production it was one of the most expensive hourly dramas to produce due in part to the CG
used.

Russ

Fox does this to all its shows: married with children, Futurama, family guy, and tons of others with potential like this. I'd have loved to get alot of this stuff but i was in early highschool lol.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back